2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Just watch the Zach Wilson pro day and keep an eye on the Jets trio. John Lynch was standing right next to our guys at one point and engaged in small talk. We don’t have Macc who nobody likes. Absolutely no way John Lynch didn’t call us.

Howie Roseman and Joe D have a good relationship. Roseman wanted to trade up for Zach Wilson and looked at going up to 3. But since that doesn’t guarantee Zach Wilson, he didn’t pull the trigger. Absolutely no way he didn’t call Joe since the #2 would guarantee Wilson.

The number 2 pick is not for sale. We’re just waiting for Wilson’s medicals to clear before we trade Darnold. 

Not for sale or too pricey? I don't think the Jets even entertained moving down to #12, but I'm sure Roseman asked Douglas at some point what it would cost to get to #2 and Douglas said, "a lot." Maybe he gave him an idea of what Carolina's floated. Note, too, that Roseman ultimately opted to take the trade back himself rather than spend to move up. I still think that's JD's preference if he can get his price. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, slats said:

Not for sale or too pricey? I don't think the Jets even entertained moving down to #12, but I'm sure Roseman asked Douglas at some point what it would cost to get to #2 and Douglas said, "a lot." Maybe he gave him an idea of what Carolina's floated. Note, too, that Roseman ultimately opted to take the trade back himself rather than spend to move up. I still think that's JD's preference if he can get his price. 

Zachs measurables and lighting up his pro day was the best possible outcome for JD. Although i think JD might take him, i still think he trades down. 

Is it possible SF moved up to 3 to trade it to the Jets for a pick and a player of JD's liking? I would imagine he then could still call Carolina and trade down again. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/25/2021 at 3:46 PM, football guy said:

New info on the CAR (could very well be smoke, but coming from someone *very* high up in the FO)... 

Still want Watson and may sit out on QBs this year and pursue him next year if he does become available. Houston won't engage this year but CAR exec thinks he'll sit out this year. The announcement threw a huge curveball from a PR standpoint so kind of difficult to make a last ditch effort to trade before the draft. 

Response to "who you taking": Pitts, Farley, maybe Fields  

Would not elaborate on where the team stands about trading up 

So now you have sources from the Panthers too? ?

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, GreenFish said:

I took those comments to mean SF called and Douglas was not interested. We can speculate on why he wasn’t interested.  But not having trade talks doesn’t mean SF never called .

Yes, I think we can dispense with the nonsense that the Jets were not called.

Due diligence everyone!  The Jets would have been called, the Jaguars would have been called.  But it looks like the Jags are not willing to give up one to drop to 12 and the Jets are not willing to give up two to drop to twelve. 

Unless someone calls with 5 1st round picks (which will NEVER happen), the Jets will probably listen to however many teams JD is willing to fall in the draft to.  My guess is 8, but that is what it is...a guess. 

It seems the leaks have been repaired in 1 Jets Way, the way it should be!  But it makes the fans annoyed, since they have nothing concrete to go on now during F/A and the draft.

28 minutes ago, Ghost said:

How dare you insult the Adam Schefter’s of JN! But they said they have “sources.” 

31 minutes ago, Ghost said:

So now you have sources from the Panthers too? ?

If you are referring to Football Guy, I only have one question:

Are you a professional dick, or does it just come naturally?

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

How do you guys get “there were calls to the Jets but they said they weren’t interested” from this statement: “there were no trade talks with the Jets...”  lol.

Joe’s made it clear he’ll take calls on his own mother. Pretty sure he would have heard SF out. 

So the Niners decided to call everyone in the top 5 but the Jets because? Come on you can do it!

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Tranquilo said:

So the Niners decided to call everyone in the top 5 but the Jets because? Come on you can do it!

They knew the Jets weren't making a qb decision for a while and they didn't want to risk someone else trading up with Miami.

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

They knew the Jets weren't making a qb decision for a while and they didn't want to risk someone else trading up with Miami.

The trade was made right after Wilson’s measurements came out. I don’t think it’s a coincidence it happened yesterday. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

If you are referring to Football Guy, I only have one question:

Are you a professional dick, or does it just come naturally?

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

I’m all natural

Awwwwww.....Lumpy Oatmeal got his feeewings hurt too!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, slats said:

Yea that’s a better way to look at it. It’s currently too pricey. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Pac said:

Sam would have been traded last month if the decision was already made.  Joe D said all along they were taking a deliberate approach just like they did with the HC search and during FA.

Wilson may be the pick but I think the trade option is still very much alive.  Even moreso in some regards as now Carolina and ATL know they have to get to 2 for their choice of QB.

Yea, I feel like SF did us a favor. ALSO... if JD plays this right, does well with misinformation, SF could panic and try to come from 3 to 2. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, I feel like SF did us a favor. ALSO... if JD plays this right, does well with misinformation, SF could panic and try to come from 3 to 2. 

The problem with that is they dont have any ammo to make that move now, unless they are going to come off of an A+ player. 

17 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Yes

Seems like a mistake. Nothing wrong with having some older but still productive veteran upgrades on this Oline. This way you can bridge the gap until next offseason to get younger upfront. Meanwhile we keep signing linebackers. 

The biggest goals for Douglas shouuld be this:

1. Develop the QB, whether Darnold or Wilson.

2. Protect the QB to make sure he doesnt get killed again.

3. Surround the QB with weapons upon weapons.

So far #2 has not been accomplished in any fashion. #3 has been ehh. There's more coming this offseason I feel, but time is running out. I'm not seeing a sense of urgency. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

That’s my hope. Take the known commodity. Their roster is loaded.

Yes would be my hope too, but theres also a problem with that scenario. 

They probably wouldnt trade any offensive pieces because they would want to keep all of their good offensive players in place for the new incoming QB. 

...and their defensive stars are all DL. 

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Yes would be my hope too, but theres also a problem with that scenario. 

They probably wouldnt trade any offensive pieces because they would want to keep all of their good offensive players in place for the new incoming QB. 

...and their defensive stars are all DL. 

They just traded a haul to come up to #3, without any guarantee of knowing who is on the clock.

Im not going to assume I know what they’d do. I’m simply pointing out that their move to #3 does in fact change the dynamics of how #2 can be leveraged by us. That’s the point.

22 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

They just traded a haul to come up to #3, without any guarantee of knowing who is on the clock.

Im not going to assume I know what they’d do. I’m simply pointing out that their move to #3 does in fact change the dynamics of how #2 can be leveraged by us. That’s the point.

For sure, that I can see. I definitely think JD has bottled up plans to move the pick if the price is right. He has already proven to be that guy, and runs such a tight ship that nobody seems to know anything until it happens. 

All offseason we heard ABC and he went XYZ. Now, all we are hearing is Zach, so logically he may go in another direction.

People saying it's a lock are the same people that thought us going 0-16 was a lock. We could still deal to any one of, SF, ATL, CAR, DEN, even CIN in the right scenario.

This is still wide open. Just like JD wants it. 

That said, we probably take Wilson regardless lol. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

The problem with that is they dont have any ammo to make that move now, unless they are going to come off of an A+ player. 

I don't think it would take all that much for SF to move up one spot IF JD has made the decision to roll with Sam and is looking at drafting non-QB premium positions - Sewell, Pitts or Chase. We'd know that SF would take Wilson and we'd still have our choice of first non-QB.

I'd rather slide down to #4 and trade with Atlanta but that would cost them a lot more to jump SF at #3 so they could take Wilson.

22 hours ago, Pac said:

Sam would have been traded last month if the decision was already made.  Joe D said all along they were taking a deliberate approach just like they did with the HC search and during FA.

Wilson may be the pick but I think the trade option is still very much alive.  Even moreso in some regards as now Carolina and ATL know they have to get to 2 for their choice of QB.

This is wrong ! Only reason sam hasn’t been traded is they need the final check from his Medicals. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

I forgot that George Paton is the Broncos GM now. Well, if this tidbit is true, you can probably take Denver out of the Darnold sweepstakes as well.

“Joe Douglas was really not the Jets’ first choice to be general manager. The guy they had their heart set on was George Paton. I’m told the Jets made him an offer, but Paton did not want to come to the Jets. Number one, he didn’t want to be saddled with Adam Gase as the head coach, and number two, he’s not a big believer in Sam Darnold.”

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/joe-douglas-rumors-hot-seat-jets/

1 hour ago, Cbucco19 said:

This is wrong ! Only reason sam hasn’t been traded is they need the final check from his Medicals. 

If the decision to move in from Sam was made then the execution of a trade doesn't hinge on glam boys medicals.  Hes not the only qb available at 2.

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

If the decision to move in from Sam was made then the execution of a trade doesn't hinge on glam boys medicals.  Hes not the only qb available at 2.

But if we were taking Fields at 2, Wilson would have been available for the Eagles - Douglas's former colleagues - at 3.

Once Phily knew that was not going to be the case, they traded down, not up. An hour after Wilson's measurements were confirmed.