2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

17 minutes ago, choon328 said:

It's not every day you get to match the best QB of all time with 2 #1 WRs, Antonio Brown and a HOF TE. So I guess under that scenario which one of the following realistic FA's next year does that work with....

Screenshot_20210328-141143_Samsung Internet.jpg

Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan are two names that I suspect will be available in a year or two both of whom are capable of winning a championship in the right situation.  

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

There are many ways to get a QB:

Just draft one with a reasonably high pick, does not have to be top 3

Trade up to get one

Go get a decent to better than decent vet.

If you keep Darnold this year you are not committing to him long term.  If he looks awesome next year then you think about it, if not you can move on.

If you LOVE a Qb at 2 third year of course you take him,  If you just like a QB you do not force up the vale due to need.

The problem is that, from a historical perspective, the chances of Darnold suddenly looking awesome after being a bottom tier QB for 38 starts are extremely low. Not zero, but low. 

Then you add in the fact that some of the picks we get in a trade down will be for next year and beyond and it starts to feel like “building the team around Sam” = “wasting another year with Sam”

7 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan are two names that I suspect will be available in a year or two both of whom are capable of winning a championship in the right situation.  

Lol, ok. And they'll choose the Jets right? Haha. They are both not movable for 2 years. 

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

With some guys this would be evident but Douglas is the best GM we have had here at keeping things under wraps.

I do think the Jets are taking Wilson.   But I would also not be shocked if they traded down with the right offer.

A first this year next year and the following plus some other picks or good players would be the offer..and yeah I'd want him to take it. 

Maybe his advanced chess master jedi mind moves about wilson is just to make sure we don't get stiffed on the trade offers this year.

Peter King article. Some notable tidbits

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/28/urban-meyer-jaguars-trevor-lawrence-nfl-draft-trades-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

2) Dueling Pro Days on Tuesday might provide a clue. For QB-seekers, what to do when the Pro Days of Mac Jones at Alabama and Justin Fields at Ohio State both happen on Tuesday? I hear the Niners will split the baby, with Lynch and Shanahan expected to attend the Jones workout, while assistant GM Adam Peters likely will lead a small delegation in Columbus to scout Fields. Not sure I would infer huge meaning to that, but it could be significant. How I view it: Jones could be the leader, but it’s not

6) I doubt it will happen, but what if the Jets stick with Sam Darnold and auction the second pick? First: I hear Joe Douglas is standing firm and is not interested in trading the second pick. But I believe there could be one team left that is interested in moving up, even at a ridiculous cost. That is Carolina, picking eighth in the first round. The Jets have the second pick, and odds are good that they stay right there and pick BYU quarterback Zach Wilson. So the table has been set now. For someone to move up to get the second pick, even from six picks down, it would cost first-round picks this year plus in 2022 and 2023. Would Carolina be willing to do that? I bet the Panthers, who seem lukewarm on incumbent Teddy Bridgewater and who have an ultra-aggressive owner in David Tepper, would think hard about it. Such a trade with the Panthers would leave the Jets inebriated on first-round draft choices: two this year, three in 2022, two in 2023. I don’t see Douglas doing it, but he just might be tempted.

7) The likeliest bet is New York sitting at two and taking Zach Wilson. After Wilson’s impressive workout Friday in Utah, he asked his inner circle: “So what’s gonna happen now?” No one knows for sure, kid. Also: Disregard what you hear about other staffs or people around the league knowing what the Jets are going to do. The decision-maker on the Jets is GM Joe Douglas, and I hear he’s not parceling out any clues about his preference for the second pick to coaches on his staff or others. Someone close to Douglas said over the weekend Douglas has learned to keep his draft preferences to himself. Wilson’s done what he can to prove he’s worthy of going second overall, an amazing rise considering he was in a three-way battle for the starting job at Brigham Young a year ago.

Last point about the Jets: It’s easy to say—if the Panthers come calling—that trading down from two to eight this year and picking up extra ones in ’22 and ’23 is a no-brainer. Easy, but perhaps painful, if Zach Wilson turns into a star, the quarterback the Jets have been seeking since the days of Willie Joe Namath. And isn’t that the tormenting part of the NFL draft?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Cbucco19 said:

@football guy can you ask your cousin if they r interested in sam ? 

They were interested enough to call. Sounds like they owner really wanted Watson, and if that's the case I don't know why they would waste valuable draft capital on Darnold if they still plan to pursue him after his legal cases settle. If the football people win over than yes, I can easily see him end up there. Allows them to have a legitimate competition in 2021 and Rhule is a believer in Sam. I'm still not completely ruling out trading #2, but more and more I'm thinking Darnold will end up in Denver. Carolina, Pittsburgh are also teams to watch though

7 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Jets got a 3rd rounder for Teddy Bridgewater who I believe showed more than Darnold as a starter (but was coming back from a major injury)... I'd holdout for a 2nd, but would eventually pull trigger on a 3rd.

Middle rounds are where we can find IOL. Get another 3rd, use all 3 on o-line. Use 23 and 34 for a weapon and corner

• Upvote 2

Sam Darnold Trade Rumors: Multiple GMs Reveal Their Market Value for Jets QB

TYLER CONWAYMARCH 29, 20210

THE NEW YORK JETS HAVE HELD ON TO SAM DARNOLD THROUGHOUT THE OFFSEASON DESPITE CONVENTIONAL WISDOM HAVING THEM TAKING BYU'S ZACH WILSON WITH THE SECOND PICK IN NEXT MONTH'S DRAFT.

WE MAY NOW HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING AS TO WHY.         

KIMBERLEY A. MARTIN OF ESPN REPORTED MONDAY THAT SHE SPOKE TO SEVERAL GENERAL MANAGERS WHO SAID THEY WOULD NOT BE WILLING TO GIVE UP MORE THAN A THIRD-ROUND PICK IN EXCHANGE FOR DARNOLD. ONE SAID A LATE THIRD-ROUND PICK WOULD EVEN BE A "LITTLE RICH" FOR THE USC PRODUCT.

DARNOLD HAS BEEN ONE OF THE NFL'S WORST QUARTERBACKS OVER THE LAST THREE SEASONS. FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS' METRICS HAVE RANKED HIM NO BETTER THAN 30TH AMONG QUALIFYING QUARTERBACKS IN ANY OF THE LAST THREE CAMPAIGNS, AND ONLY CARSON WENTZ HAD A WORSE SEASON IN 2020. PRO FOOTBALL FOCUS HAS GIVEN HIM A GRADE OF NO BETTER THAN 64.7, TANTAMOUNT TO A BACKUP QUARTERBACK.

THE JETS ARE 13-25 WITH DARNOLD AS A STARTER.

SOME OF DARNOLD'S STRUGGLES ARE NOT DIRECTLY HIS FAULT. ADAM GASE WAS PERHAPS THE NFL'S WORST COACH OVER THE LAST TWO SEASONS, AND JETS MANAGEMENT PUT TOGETHER A POOR SUPPORTING CAST THAT FAILED TO PROTECT DARNOLD OR GIVE HIM PLAYMAKERS ON THE EDGES. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN HARD FOR ANY QUARTERBACK TO SUCCEED IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES.

SOME TEAMS MAY SEE DARNOLD, STILL ONLY 23 YEARS OLD, AS AN INTERESTING BUY-LOW TARGET. HOWEVER, HE'S IN THE FINAL YEAR OF HIS ROOKIE CONTRACT AND WOULD MAKE $18.9 MILLION WITH HIS FIFTH-YEAR OPTION—A NUMBER NO TEAM WOULD BE WILLING TO PAY GIVEN HIS PRO RESUME. ANY FRANCHISE THAT TRADES FOR DARNOLD WOULD BE DOING SO ON A ONE-YEAR FLIER AND THEN BE SUBJECT TO USING THE FRANCHISE TAG OR SIGNING HIM TO A LONG-TERM CONTRACT IF HE PERFORMS WELL.

AD WILL END IN 00:10

VIDEOS YOU MIGHT LIKE 

THE GOING RATE FOR A YOUNG QUARTERBACK, EVEN ONE WHO'S NOT PARTICULARLY GOOD, REMAINS HIGH. WENTZ WILL NET THE EAGLES A FIRST-ROUND PICK IN 2022 IF HE PLAYS 75 PERCENT OF SNAPS FOR THE COLTS NEXT SEASON (OR 70 PERCENT AND INDIANAPOLIS MAKES THE PLAYOFFS). 

IT SEEMS THE NFL HAS A SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER VALUE ON DARNOLD THAN WENTZ.  

5 Things to Know About Jets RB Tevin Coleman

Indiana Product, Third-Round Pick in 2015 Draft, Was Connected to Jets OC Mike LaFleur in Atlanta, San Francisco

Mar 29, 2021 at 08:30 AM

Jack Bell

NYJETS.COM CONTRIBUTOR

Tony Avelar/Associated Press

Tevin Coleman, signed by the Jets as an unrestricted free agent last week, brings veteran experience and familiarity with the new offense to the running backs room. Here are five things you may not know about the newest addition to the offense of Head Coach Robert Saleh's and coordinator Mike LaFleur.

The 'Rock'
Coleman's parents, Wister and Adlevia, emigrated to the U.S. from Liberia, settling in the Chicago area. Tevin, born on April 16, 1993, was 10 weeks premature and weighed only 3 pounds at birth. Doctors were wary of the child surviving and gave him only a 20 percent chance, but they believed Tevin's birth was a miracle and gave him the nickname 'Rock.' Extra note: He is a descendant of the American-born former president of Liberia, William David Coleman.

Football and Track, Oh My
At Oak Park (IL) High School, Coleman was a star on the gridiron and on the running track.

Forget the triple-threat moniker because Coleman played five, yes, five different positions in high school -- running back, wide receiver, cornerback, punt and kick returner (OK, maybe that's not two separate positions!). In his senior year, he rushed for 949 yards on 83 carries with 13 TDs, and also had 16 receptions for 345 yards and 5 TDs.

For the track & field team, he ran sprints and performed in the long jump. At the 2011 Illinois state championships, Coleman was fourth in the 100 meters at 10.86; and placed second in the long jump with a distance of 7.6 meters (24.9 feet). In another meet, he finished first in the long jump (6.88 meters or 22.57 feet) and was second in the 100 at 10.8 seconds.

Choosing Indiana
With scholarship offers from Georgia Tech, Minnesota and Michigan State, Coleman instead chose the college life of a Hoosier.

He saw limited action as a freshman, but had a breakout season as a sophomore in 2013 until an ankle injury ended his run with three games to play. It was especially frustrating because he had amassed 958 yards and 12 TDs and would not be able to surpass 1,000 yards.

"I think about it a lot," Coleman told IndyStar.com. "I really was hurt that I couldn't get [1,000 yards], but that's just something I'm gonna do this year. It's a goal for me to do it."

Not only did he reach 1,000 yards as a junior, he blew past the benchmark collecting 2,036 yards (a single-season school record) and 15 TDs. He opened the season with a 247-yard game against Indiana State; went for 307 yards against Rutgers (the second-highest total in Indiana history); 228 yards against Ohio State. Along with Melvin Gordon (Wisconsin) and Ameer Abdullah (Nebraska), Coleman was named one of the three finalists for the Doak Walker Award. He decided to skip his senior season and declare for the 2015 NFL Draft.

Atlanta to San Francisco
Coleman (who will turn 28 next month) was Atlanta's third-round draft pick (No. 73 overall) and proved his versatility out of the backfield. He notched career highs of 800 yards rushing and 1,000 yards from scrimmage in 2018, then left for the West Coast when he signed a two-year deal with the 49ers.

In 2019, he was forced out of the 49ers' running backs committee (which included Raheem Mostert and Matt Breida) with an ankle injury, playing in 14 games as San Francisco advanced to the Super Bowl. Still, he managed to gain 544 yards rushing with 6 TDs, and added 21 receptions for 180 yards and 1 TD.

The injury bug took a big bite out of his 2020 season. Coincidentally, Coleman sustained a sprained knee in the 49ers' game at the Jets in Week 2. After returning to the field, he later missed more than three games, playing in only 8 games (53 yards on 28 carries without a TD).

Overall, Coleman had at least 115 carries and 500 rushing yards in four straight seasons before 2020. In his career he has 2,937 rushing yards on 693 carries with 24 TDs, plus 117 career receptions for 1,224 yards and 12 TDs.

A Veteran in the RBs Room
In addition to his six seasons in the NFL, Coleman (5-11, 206) brings to the Jets a comfortable familiarity with HC Robert Saleh and offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur. Though he was signed to a one-year deal, his versatility out of the backfield, running and catching, appears to be a perfect fit for the Jets' new offensive scheme. The link between Coleman and LaFleur dates to their days with the Falcons, where LaFleur served as an offensive assistant. The coaches know him and vice versa.

That experience with the coaching staff means that Coleman is likely to serve as an example and mentor to the Jets' current roster of running backs -- Josh Adams, La'Mical Perrine and Ty Johnson. His signing makes him the first former 49ers player to join Saleh on the East Coast.

image.gif

• Upvote 1

Jets' Team Needs to Fill in 2021 NFL Draft

JAKE RILLMARCH 29, 202120

THIS PAST WEEK, THERE'S BEEN A LOT OF MOVEMENT AT THE TOP OF THE ORDER FOR THE 2021 NFL DRAFT. THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (NO. 3 OVERALL), MIAMI DOLPHINS (NO. 6) AND PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (NO. 12) ALL OWN DIFFERENT FIRST-ROUND SELECTIONS AFTER A PAIR OF TRADES FEATURING THE THREE TEAMS.

HOWEVER, THE NEW YORK JETS HAVE STAYED PUT. THEY OWN THE NO. 2 OVERALL PICK IN THE DRAFT, AND WHILE IT'S POSSIBLE THEY COULD END UP TRADING THE SELECTION, THEY'LL HAVE A BIG DECISION TO MAKE IF THEY END UP USING THE PICK THEMSELVES.

WITH THE DRAFT SET FOR APRIL 29-MAY 1, THE JETS STILL HAVE NEEDS TO ADDRESS ON THEIR ROSTER. THEY'VE FILLED A FEW HOLES SINCE THE START OF FREE AGENCY, BRINGING IN SOME NOTEWORTHY PLAYERS SUCH AS WIDE RECEIVER COREY DAVIS, DEFENSIVE END CARL LAWSON AND DEFENSIVE TACKLE SHELDON RANKINS, AMONG OTHERS. BUT NEW YORK STILL HAS WORK TO DO BEFORE THE 2021 SEASON ARRIVES.

HERE'S A LOOK AT THE JETS' BIGGEST NEEDS IN THE NFL DRAFT THIS YEAR.

Quarterback

1 OF 3

IF THE JETS DECIDE TO STICK WITH SAM DARNOLD AS THEIR STARTING QUARTERBACK, THEN THIS WILL BE LESS OF A NEED, AS THEY'LL JUST NEED TO ADD A BACKUP, EITHER VIA THE DRAFT OR FREE AGENCY.

HOWEVER, IT'S POSSIBLE NEW YORK WILL LOOK TO GO IN A DIFFERENT DIRECTION, ESPECIALLY AFTER BYU'S ZACH WILSON IMPRESSED AT HIS PRO DAY LAST WEEK.

ACCORDING TO ESPN'S RICH CIMINI, THE JETS WERE REPRESENTED BY GENERAL MANAGER JOE DOUGLAS, HEAD COACH ROBERT SALEH AND OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR MIKE LAFLEUR AT THE 21-YEAR-OLD'S PRO DAY IN PROVO, UTAH, ON FRIDAY. THE SCOUTS WHO WERE IN ATTENDANCE APPEARED TO BE IMPRESSED BY WILSON'S SHOWING.

"HE'S SPECIAL," ONE NFL SCOUT SAID, PER SNY'S RALPH VACCHIANO. "HE MAKES SOME THROWS THAT ARE JUST RIDICULOUS AND HE BARELY BREAKS A SWEAT DOING IT. I GET WHY EVERYONE RATES [CLEMSON'S TREVOR] LAWRENCE NO. 1. BUT IF THIS KID PLAYED AGAINST BETTER COMPETITION, HE MIGHT BE GOING NO. 1 INSTEAD."

QUARTERBACK ISN'T THE BIGGEST HOLE ON NEW YORK'S ROSTER, AS DARNOLD IS ONLY 23 AND STILL HAS TIME TO LIVE UP TO HIS POTENTIAL, ESPECIALLY IF HE HAD A BETTER OFFENSE AROUND HIM.

HOWEVER, WILSON COULD BE TOO ENTICING TO THE JETS AS A PLAYER WHO COULD HELP IMPROVE THE FUTURE DIRECTION OF THEIR FRANCHISE, AND THAT'S WHY IT WOULDN'T BE SURPRISING TO SEE HIM GO TO NEW YORK AT NO. 2.

Guard

2 OF 3

IF THE SEASON STARTED TODAY, THE JETS' OFFENSIVE LINE WOULD LIKELY LOOK ABOUT THE SAME AS IT DID AT THE END OF THE 2020 CAMPAIGN. AND LAST SEASON, THAT UNIT RANKED 29TH IN THE NFL, PER PRO FOOTBALL FOCUS, SO IT COULD CONTINUE TO BE A WEAKNESS.

THE JETS NEED TO GET STRONGER UP FRONT, BUT THEY HAVEN'T DONE MUCH TO ADDRESS THAT SITUATION DURING FREE AGENCY. THE ONLY OFFENSIVE LINEMAN NEW YORK HAS SIGNED HAS BEEN DAN FEENEY, WHO SPENT THE PAST FOUR SEASONS WITH THE LOS ANGELES CHARGERS, BUT HE'D BE BETTER SUITED IN A BACKUP ROLE RATHER THAN AS A STARTER.

THE JETS ALREADY HAVE ONE STRONG PLAYER TO BUILD AROUND ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE IN MEKHI BECTON, WHO THEY SELECTED IN THE FIRST ROUND OF LAST YEAR'S DRAFT. BUT THEY NEED TO GET BETTER AT THE GUARD POSITIONS, WITH ALEX LEWIS AND GREG VAN ROTEN BEING THE CURRENT PROJECTED STARTERS THERE.

NEW YORK MISSED OUT ON THE TOP FREE-AGENT GUARDS, INCLUDING JOE THUNEY (WHO SIGNED WITH THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS). SO IT NEEDS TO ADD AN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OR TWO EARLY IN THE DRAFT, AND IT COULD FIND A STARTING-CALIBER PLAYER DURING THE FIRST FEW ROUNDS.

Cornerback

3 OF 3

THE JETS HAVE A PAIR OF YOUNG CORNERBACKS IN BRYCE HALL (23) AND BLESS AUSTIN (24) WHO SHOULD CONTINUE TO DEVELOP INTO STRONG PLAYERS, AND THEY SIGNED JUSTIN HARDEE DURING FREE AGENCY. STILL, NEW YORK'S SECONDARY COULD USE A BOOST, AND IF IT CAN ADD A CORNERBACK IN THE DRAFT, IT WOULD HELP THE UNIT IMPROVE FOR THE LONG TERM.

SALEH IS ENTERING HIS FIRST SEASON AS JETS HEAD COACH AFTER SPENDING THE PAST FOUR SEASONS AS THE DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR FOR THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS. NEW YORK ALSO HAS A NEW DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR IN JEFF ULBRICH. THEY'LL BE LOOKING TO FIND PLAYERS WHO FIT THEIR DEFENSIVE SCHEME SO THEY CAN BEGIN TURNING AROUND A STRUGGLING UNIT.

IN ADDITION TO THE NO. 2 OVERALL PICK, THE JETS ALSO OWN THE NO. 23 OVERALL SELECTION. WHILE THE TOP FEW CORNERBACKS IN THE DRAFT CLASS COULD BE GONE BY THEN, THERE COULD BE SOME STRONG PLAYERS AVAILABLE WHEN NEW YORK IS BACK ON THE CLOCK, SUCH AS GEORGIA'S ERIC STOKES AND NORTHWESTERN'S GREG NEWSOME II.

EVEN IF THE JETS WAIT UNTIL THE SECOND OR THIRD ROUND, THERE SHOULD BE SOME SOLID CORNERBACKS FOR THEM TO CONSIDER. THEY'LL NEED TO DO THAT IF THEY WANT TO START TURNING THE CORNER ON DEFENSE, AS THEY HAVEN'T DONE MUCH TO BOOST THEIR SECONDARY SO FAR THIS OFFSEASON.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Keeping Sam Darold makes zero sense if we are moving on. 

If we draft Wilson there are other viable backups available in free agency. 

Will those backups be allowed to compete with Wilson for the job, thus making Wilson EARN his #1 role, rather than be anointed?

What if Wilson breaks his leg in Camp, will those other variable backups keep the team contending and the fans interested?

In both scenarios I'd say keeping Sam is better than either giving Wilson an unearned job or playing a guy like McCown or Flacco yet again.

Be assured, this view isn;t about belief in Sam Darnold.  It's about playing the odds.

Sam is more likely to still have potential than most of the crap old man backups we tend to sign.  He is young, with upside, and enough skill to make Wilson have to really earn the job against a legit competitor, something I am amazed people don't care more about, especially given our track record of competition-free-anointed-QB's.  It could be argued that Sam himself should have had to earn the job, and maybe even sit, and that might have helped him and his career.

And in case Wilson gets hurt, no one is interested in watching 6 or 8 or 10 games of Joe Flacco or Josh McCown.  At least Sam would keep the season interesting at a minimum.

I just don't see the logic, especially for the kind of pick Sam is likely worth right now.  The "but he'll split the locker room" is bunk, Sam isn't that kind of kid and we all know it.  And if he wants his freedom, he'll likely have it soon after anyway in 2022.

It's almost like folks think new picked QB's shouldn't face ANY kind of challenge, effort or adversity of any kind.  What ever happened to belief in old ideas like competition making people stronger and better?  Be assured, if Wilson is what folks think, he'll crush Sam, earn the job, Sam will good-soldier backup for a year, and all will be well.

• Upvote 1

NFL Exec: Zach Wilson 'Maybe' as Talented an Athlete as Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers

TIMOTHY RAPPMARCH 29, 202186

RICK BOWMER/ASSOCIATED PRESS

ZACH WILSON HAS TURNED MORE THAN A FEW HEADS WITH HIS ATHLETICISM AND ARM STRENGTH, BOTH ON TAPE AND DURING HIS PRO DAY. 

BUT IS HE REMINISCENT OF QUARTERBACKS LIKE PATRICK MAHOMES AND AARON RODGERS IN THAT REGARD? AS ONE AFC EXECUTIVE TOLD ALBERT BREER OF SI.COM, HE MIGHT BE:

"FROM A TAPE STANDPOINT, HE WASN'T AS GOOD AS [MAHOMES AND RODGERS] COMING OUT. BUT THAT'S EASY TO SAY NOW. SOME OF THE ABILITY TO THROW FROM DIFFERENT ANGLES, AND WITH A RELEASE THAT QUICK IS SIMILAR TO THOSE GUYS. RODGERS IS PROBABLY MORE APPROPRIATE. REMEMBER, PEOPLE WEREN'T SUPER [EXCITED] WITH RODGERS' ARM EITHER, WHICH SEEMS CRAZY NOW. SO IS HE AS TALENTED AS THOSE GUYS, AS AN ATHLETE? MAYBE. IS HE GONNA BE A GREAT GENERATIONAL QUARTERBACK? I DON'T KNOW."

WILSON MADE WAVES WITH ONE PARTICULARLY IMPRESSIVE THROW AT HIS PRO DAY, THE SORT OF TOSS THAT NOT MANY QUARTERBACKS COULD MAKE:

DANIEL JEREMIAH OF NFL NETWORK LISTED WILSON AS THE NO. 4 PLAYER OVERALL ON HIS UPDATED BIG BOARD MONDAY, CALLING HIM AN "AN EXCELLENT ATHLETE" WHO GENERATES "SEVERAL WOW PLAYS IN EVERY GAME I'VE STUDIED."

HE ADDED: "HE'S EXTREMELY ACCURATE FROM A VARIETY OF PLATFORMS AND ARM ANGLES. HE MAKES SOME INCREDIBLE THROWS WHILE FADING AWAY WITH BOTH FEET OFF THE GROUND, AND HE CAN DRIVE THE BALL TO THE BOUNDARY FROM THE FAR HASH. HE ALSO USES HIS QUICKNESS AND CREATIVITY TO BUY TIME TO LET HIS TARGETS UNCOVER."

JEREMIAH NOTED THAT WILSON'S DURABILITY IS A CONCERN, GIVEN HIS PAST SHOULDER SURGERY AND A LEAN FRAME. BUT THE TALENT IS CLEAR. 

THE EXECUTIVES BREER SPOKE WITH ALL SEEMED TO AGREE ON TWO THINGS: WILSON'S ARM ABILITY WAS IMPRESSIVE, AND HE WENT INTO HIS PRO DAY WITH A BETTER FRAME AND WEIGHT (214) THAN THEY WERE EXPECTING. 

THE 21-YEAR-OLD HAD A MONSTER 2020 SEASON FOR BYU, THROWING FOR 3,692 YARDS, 33 TOUCHDOWNS AND JUST THREE INTERCEPTIONS, COMPLETING 73.5 PERCENT OF HIS PASSES IN 12 GAMES. THAT, COMBINED WITH HIS EXCITING NATURAL TALENT, HAS HIM SKYROCKETING UP DRAFT BOARDS. 

AT THIS POINT, IT WOULD BE SHOCKING IF THE JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS DIDN'T DRAFT CLEMSON QUARTERBACK TREVOR LAWRENCE NO. 1 OVERALL. BUT WILSON SEEMS LIKELY TO BE A REAL CONTENDER TO GO NO. 2 OVERALL TO THE NEW YORK JETS. IT'S HARD TO IMAGINE HE'LL SLIP PAST THE TOP FIVE PICKS. 

WHETHER HE BECOMES ANYTHING CLOSE TO A MAHOMES OR RODGERS REMAINS TO BE SEEN. THAT HE'S EVOKING THOSE NAMES IN THE LEAD-UP TO THE DRAFT, HOWEVER, IS IMPRESSIVE.   

• Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

What if Wilson breaks his leg in Camp, will those other variable backups keep the team contending and the fans interested?

What would make you think fans would want to see Sam Darnold year #4. 

I would much rather see the unknown here Mullens or ????? 

Seen enough of Sam Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Thanks this one already existed prior to that one starting. 

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What would make you think fans would want to see Sam Darnold year #4. 

I would much rather see the unknown here Mullens or ????? 

Seen enough of Sam Darnold. 

Don’t break a sweat trying to keep this dud of a thread in the front page.

stop trying to make fetch happen mean girls GIF

• Haha 1

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You knwo we might be just going in with Sam starting and wilson on the bench. this is a very real scenario...help us trading back for boatload of picks and rolling with sam is real scenario...

But it does seem we are picking wilson.

IF Sam Darnold was decent there would be no need to draft a QB and this team could have been upgraded drastically with all these picks. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

IF Sam Darnold was decent there would be no need to draft a QB and this team could have been upgraded drastically with all these picks. 

Sam is better than decent. Its pretty well established that he got no real chance with the the coaching and roster around him. The only reason they are even looking at the position this years draft is the money. The system and new coaching staff all like darnold. 

I think Joe likes him too actually. But Joe is the GM and might have to make the hard choice, building the roster the rigth way is tough, spending on him is a tough sell because of the situation, not because of the player.

Anyone with two eyes could seen darnold has "it". can play and make all the throws, that ireally isnt up for debate. Its just the situation might dictate we take the rook to reset the money clock.