2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

2 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

Leonard Williams had a great year last year, no question about it.

The problem I have is that he was nothing special before that.  It's not like he had a decent rookie year and then took off.  Rather, he slid in a downward path that led the Jets to be thrilled to trade him for a high 3rd round pick.

One year doesn't justify a contract well over $20M.  The Giants should be happy to run with his franchise tag, which would be around $19.3 Million and see what happens.

If he plays great, then he would justify his price tag.  But that is a big "if" as far as I can tell.

3 minutes ago, Alka said:

The problem I have is that he was nothing special before that.  It's not like he had a decent rookie year and then took off.  Rather, he slid in a downward path that led the Jets to be thrilled to trade him for a high 3rd round pick.

One year doesn't justify a contract well over $20M.  The Giants should be happy to run with his franchise tag, which would be around $19.3 Million and see what happens.

If he plays great, then he would justify his price tag.  But that is a big "if" as far as I can tell.

Mo Will, the sequel. ?

• Upvote 1

On 3/13/2021 at 3:06 PM, fltflo said:

Just a quick note here but I expect this season under the new coaching staff will be a breakout year for Chris Herndon.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Herndon......

Kid Fury Reaction GIF

I'd like to be wrong but I think it is far more likely he is out of the league in two years than he is a top 12 TE in 2 years.

Rookie season was good (500 yards, 4TDs) fans immediately and prematurely anointed him. We are entering our third year removed from that season.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, Alka said:

Astonishing that Leonard Williams is getting paid this offseason. Gettleman is a supreme huckster

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Whatever happened with Marlon Mack? Dude was a baller...got hurt...but could he come back and be cheap? 

Overrated. He was an athlete playing running back.  Lacks some of the innate qualities like instinct and vision. 

@Mogglez I know I’m in the minority for JuJu but if the Jets get him along with 1 of Linsley/Thuney and everyone else mentioned on your list I would be ecstatic. 

by the way thanks for the info!! I love the insider news. Does he know anything about Kendrick Bourne?I keep seeing unverified sources saying it’ll be announced shortly after tampering window opens up tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

@Mogglez I know I’m in the minority for JuJu but if the Jets get him along with 1 of Linsley/Thuney and everyone else mentioned on your list I would be ecstatic. 

by the way thanks for the info!! I love the insider news. Does he know anything about Kendrick Bourne?I keep saying unverified sources saying it’ll be announced shortly after tampering window opens up tomorrow. 

Of course.  Always willing to share.

I didn’t ask anything about Bourne, but after seeing that tweet I’m gonna see if I can scrounge anything up.  I think FG mentioned his name so I believe it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Honestly, I’d scrap the idea of JuJu, keep Crowder, and allocate all the money to those two.  That’s what I want.

C Linsley           
          LG Thuney         RG McGovern
LT Becton                                     RT Fant

Looks pretty dang good.

Thousand percent agree. We'll focus on the skill position dudes in the draft. 

• Upvote 3