2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joe Thuney and Corey Linsley is *not* a one or the other proposition for the Jets. If Thuney were to accept the Jets offer, they would still be interested in Linsley 👀 

Stage I [Jets fail to spend $200 million in the first six hours of free agency; JN blows out its collective diaper]: COMPLETE Stage II [Jets sign a bunch of second- and third-tier FAs; JN begins

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

I find it really hard to believe Fields gets past Carolina AND Denver. New England would have to get into the 7 pick. And that would be a heavy lift of a trade for them. 

23 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

If Fields ends up as a Cheatriot, I will legit shed a tear.

Really like the guy, and I would hate to have to root for him to fail.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

I find it really hard to believe Fields gets past Carolina AND Denver. New England would have to get into the 7 pick. And that would be a heavy lift of a trade for them. 

15 to 7 isn't a big lift...

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

If Fields ends up as a Cheatriot, I will legit shed a tear.

Really like the guy, and I would hate to have to root for him to fail.

as a michigan alum, it will be a lot more natural for me to hate a buckeye-patriot QB than a wolverine one

that said, i do not want fields in NE, because that will ensure he has a great career and wilson will be a bust, because, well just because...

My quick thoughts based on recent posts:

• JD is going to take his best rated football player on the board, almost regardless of position.  The Jets can improve their biggest holes (CB and G) in the third round-not fix, improve.  That is how bad they are.
    • If JD can trade down from 23 or 34, or both, I think it will do it.  
  • Other than Paye, who seems like a real football player, and Basham, who also seems like a real football player but not a first round pick, the other EDGE rushers are traps.  Too small, not committed.  
  • IF you are an NFL team watching the Texans write a big check to Watson, only to have him blow up with the masseuses and basically refuse to play for them, I think you noodle really hard whether you write a big QB check, especially since TB built their team and then hired Brady on a relatively cheap rental.   Maybe the Ravens don't renew Lamar Jackson and focus on building their team and bringing in other QBs.  The next level of QB (Mills, Mond) will fall to the Ravens, and Lamar is still under contract for 1+1 years.  When you look at the Goff, Wentz and Watson experiences, the second QB contracts are really mixed bags.  Where are Browns and Bills on Mayfield and Allen?   How much input did the Johnsons have on whether to trade Sam or not?
  • If the Jets were not picking 2, they would not have given up on Sam.   The Panthers are not picking up the second year option either yet.  They could fix and flip Sam.  A QB will fall, and the Panthers want to be prepared for that. 
  • Understanding that rookies usually take a year to get acclimated, if you look at this draft as a 2-3 year play the Jets need the following players:  QB, RB, WR, TE, C, G, T, IDL, EDGE, LB, S, CB. K, P.  Yes, every position.  at 23 and 34 they need to take the player who will have the greatest positive impact (combines BPA and value).  
  • Upvote 2
Just now, Matt39 said:

Do you all think Shanahan and the Niners have Jones ranked above Wilson?

If they draft Jones, then that’ll be what they say. No way of knowing.

That trade = they’re likely 1a and 1b.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

It is when you potentially take yourself out of chase/Pitts/Sewell territory

why would anyone who's interested in those players trade out at 7 when they can just take one of those players? It's more likely a team who wants edge, LB, or CB trade down to 15.

14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Jets' New Coaching Staff Is Excited About C.J. Mosley

MAX GOODMAN
2 HOURS AGO
  •  
  •  
  •  

Since signing his massive five-year deal with the Jets in the spring of 2019, linebacker C.J. Mosley has played in just two games in green and white.

Injuries kept Mosley off the field through much of his first season in New York. Then, Mosley opted out of the 2020 season.

Even if Mosley hasn't been on the field for an extended period of time, new head coach Robert Saleh is eager to work with the inside linebacker and mix him into his defense.

"I think he’s one of those players that it really doesn’t matter what the scheme is, he’s going to fit," Saleh said in a presser earlier this week. "He’s been a fantastic player his entire life and that’s not going to change just because a new coaching staff has come in. He’s a tremendous leader. He’s a tremendous football player. He hasn’t played in a couple of years, so you know he’s just chomping at the bit to get back onto the football field. And so, we’re excited to get a chance to work with him and to help him get back to playing every day and being the star that he’s been."

Mosley established himself as a solid linebacker over his first five seasons in the league, all with the Baltimore Ravens. The former first-rounder had 100-plus tackles in all but one season, missing only three games in that entire span. 

On the Jets going forward, it'll be interesting to see how New York lines up at linebacker. The organization added veteran Jarrad Davis in free agency this offseason, and Blake Cashman projects to get playing time at the position as well. 

Could New York add a linebacker in the first few rounds of the NFL draft next week? One option would be Notre Dame's Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, if he slips to No. 23. Then again, the Jets could trade up earlier in the first round as well.

I would love to see this guy back even if it’s at 75%, true difference maker when he not rubbing his stiff groin, 

On 4/24/2021 at 12:26 PM, joewilly12 said:

ESPN draft guru Mel Kiper Jr. huddles with Post columnist Steve Serby ahead of Thursday’s start of the 2021 NFL Draft for some Q&A.

Q: How big is the gap between Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson?

A: For me it’s substantial. I think Justin Fields is the second-best quarterback in this draft, Wilson’s the third. [Lawrence will] be my fourth highest-rated quarterback [all-time] … behind John Elway, Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning. … He’ll be more of Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning than he will be, you say, a Ryan Leaf. But there’s no guarantees in this business, there’s no locks in this business. Denver drafted Paxton Lynch [five] years ago, right? Kansas City tried to get Paxton Lynch. Had Kansas City been successful in drafting Paxton Lynch, they wouldn’t have drafted Patrick Mahomes. So they misevaluated Paxton Lynch, but they obviously evaluated Patrick Mahomes correctly. … A lot of good luck and good fortune goes into teams having great drafts.

2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Once again, Kiper proves how detached he is from the actual NFL evaluation process. 

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

If they draft Jones, then that’ll be what they say. No way of knowing.

That trade = they’re likely 1a and 1b.

If Shanny has Wilson that high then you have to trust the Jets judgement here. I’m not super confident Wilson works out but I think he’s the guy you have to take. 

1 minute ago, Guilhermezmc said:

So the chargers just posted and deleted thisImagem

I would think that is a trade the teams have set up if a certain player falls and perhaps, the Chargers screwed up and posted it as a 'done deal'.  It feels weird to make that trade before the draft starts.

• Upvote 2

I think this will be one of the most interesting  drafts ever from Pick 3 on. I think no one really knows who anyone will pick. Usually at this point there will be like 6 or 7 of the Top 10 picks that are very likely but not this one. 

Fields could go anywhere from 4 to not even in the Top 10

Jones could go 3 or maybe mid to end of round 1

The only thing I think you can count on is Dallas at 10 taking the best defensive player on their board but outside of that it could be really wild.

I actually see the Jets trading up for one of the lineman, or receiver (Deontay is a possibility to get close enough for us)

I also think teams want to trade down and get more picks next year so I expect a lot of trade downs starting around 11 or so that are a bit light in draft value for the team moving down compared to previous yearrs.

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If Shanny has Wilson that high then you have to trust the Jets judgement here. I’m not super confident Wilson works out but I think he’s the guy you have to take. 

I don't.  

I've come to terms that he IS the guy we're taking.  That's just the fact.  And I'll root my ass off for him, same as I did for Sam.

But also like Sam, he's not the one I want or believe most in as a prospect.  IMO that guy is Fields.

Wilson is the definitive risky pick.  Small school, weak-as-hell opponents, one year meteoric-rise wonder, that one-great-year was the year of COVID, no combine, no 40-time, injury history, short (6'2"), light (214).

Wilson is a massive risk.  He's as far from a sure-thing as I've seen in a long time, no matter all the hype.

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

The Narrative of Justin Fields being the number 2 QB in this draft and the actual fact that he’s going to be taken as the QB 4 or 5 is so interesting.

So now that it looks like so many will be wrong about Fields being QB2 there’s alittle hint about how the media will respond to him slipping. Now he got passed on bc of off the field stuff? Or ‘not on field potential’

Thats BS. Fields off the field is clean as hell. I really hope this isn’t the storyline all week in the media. So many good prospects to talk about. 

The QB scouting community is generally populated by racist goatee-bearing morons who couldn’t draw a paycheck in any other profession so, in a way, I kind of feel happy for guys like Fields and Lance who benefit by not getting stuck on sh*tty teams who live at the top of the draft.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

That is the worst case scenario for the Jets and Joe Douglas.

Why?

Douglas has said in the past that the  Jets thinking was there are only 2 QB's worth the 2 pick in this draft.  Assuming Lawrence is one, and if Fields isn't the other one, why would he care who Fields goes to?

He got his guy, and in his mind there is a wide gap to the next guy.

Jets need to worry about their pick, not what NE is doing

• Upvote 3
9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I would think that is a trade the teams have set up if a certain player falls and perhaps, the Chargers screwed up and posted it as a 'done deal'.  It feels weird to make that trade before the draft starts.

Same thing that i was thinking

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

why would anyone who's interested in those players trade out at 7 when they can just take one of those players? It's more likely a team who wants edge, LB, or CB trade down to 15.

Exactly. It’s not necessarily the compensation itself. It’s convincing Detroit to move and NOT take one of those guys. Plus look at what the other trades cost. It’s gonna be a hell of a package if they do it. I’m skeptical.

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The QB scouting community is generally populated by racist goatee-bearing morons who couldn’t draw a paycheck in any other profession so, in a way, I kind of feel happy for guys like Fields and Lance who benefit by not getting stuck on sh*tty teams who live at the top of the draft.

Wait, so we’ve graduated to now ...both Joe D AND John Lynch are idiots?

51 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Why?

Because if the guy (Fields) he passes on, who just 4 months ago was a lock to the Jets with the 2nd overall pick after he outplayed TL, goes on to be successful on the Patriots (of all teams) while his one year wonder quarterback (Wilson)  flames out of the league, then Joe Douglas' seat is gonna be 🔥 hot with the Jets. 

From Bleacher Report 

Brad Gagnon: the Jets are messing with everyone

It's always seemed a bit odd to me that they're reportedly set on Zach Wilson, who could easily be a one-season wonder and didn't exactly face top-notch competition at BYU.

Justin Fields makes so much sense in the No. 2 spot and is the safer pick. I think it's still possible they shock the world and pick Fields.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

From Bleacher Report 

It's always seemed a bit odd to me that they're reportedly set on Zach Wilson, who could easily be a one-season wonder and didn't exactly face top-notch competition at BYU.

Justin Fields makes so much sense in the No. 2 spot and is the safer pick. I think it's still possible they shock the world and pick Fields.

F8B5FAFF-9437-45A6-81DD-CC932C2F303A.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Because if the guy (Fields) he passes on, who just 4 months ago was a lock to the Jets with the 2nd overall pick after he outplayed TL, goes on to be successful on the Patriots (of all teams) while his one year wonder quarterback (Wilson)  flames out of the league, then Joe Douglas' seat is gonna be 🔥 hot with the Jets. 

In that case Mac Jones outplayed him..

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

From Bleacher Report 

I actually believe this.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

From Bleacher Report 

So they could be messing with everyone because it seems "odd" to Brad Gagnon? Teams don't draft based on "OH MAN WHAT IF HE'S ACTUALLY BAD CAUSE OF THAT SCHEDULE."