2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

F8B5FAFF-9437-45A6-81DD-CC932C2F303A.gif.f1e1a584fa90d441222ab8344d1b54c5.gif

Ok. Same dude also said:

I wouldn't knock them for taking either prospect in the crapshoot that is Round 1, but Wilson's ceiling is higher. He has a far better arm than Fields and does a lot that resembles Patrick Mahomes and Kyler Murray's games.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2932648-2021-nfl-mock-draft-updated-picks-entering-combine-pro-days

It’s a calculated risk that is not that cut and dried. If Saleh and LaFleur got to pick their guy and this is who they want, then that is that.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I would think that is a trade the teams have set up if a certain player falls and perhaps, the Chargers screwed up and posted it as a 'done deal'.  It feels weird to make that trade before the draft starts.

Mean to press "save as draft", actually pressed "send".

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Yes Pro Days for all QB's have taken place and there have been trades in the 1st round. 

Meaningless. Pro days are choreographed dog and pony shows. And the trades are happening behind us. Unless the jags are off TL, it doesn’t matter. 

15 minutes ago, section314 said:

I actually believe this.

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So do I and the 49ers moved up to get Wilson. 

EEK! You think Schefter texted Zach that he is going to the Jets officially because he was guessing? Someone in the organization told him that. Saleh didn't even bother going to Fields 2nd pro day after missing the first one. The 49ers aren't organizing these 2nd pro days flying around the country for their health thinking they will take Wilson. Douglas said there was a clear 2 QB's with all the rest not worth trading Darnold for. He had a great offer for Darnold but held up because he was worried about a physical. Hmm I wonder if that was for Zachs shoulder. Report today 49ers pick down to Lance and Mac Jones. Mcshay and Daniel Jeremiah are very good friends with Douglas, he offered them jobs here. Both very assertive that Zach is the clear 2nd QB with a huge gap to the next one. You need any more evidence to convince you?

• Upvote 1

The reason that I believe that Wilson is not the slam dunk pick is that it flies in the face of everything the Jets have done since JD has been here. The organization is tighter than a clams ass as far as information being leaked, and yet for the last 3 weeks they are flying planes around with signs on them telling the world who we are picking? Doesn't add up,and I smell a rat.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsbb said:

EEK! You think Schefter texted Zach that he is going to the Jets officially because he was guessing? Someone in the organization told him that. Saleh didn't even bother going to Fields 2nd pro day after missing the first one. The 49ers aren't organizing these 2nd pro days flying around the country for their health thinking they will take Wilson. Douglas said there was a clear 2 QB's with all the rest not worth trading Darnold for. He had a great offer for Darnold but held up because he was worried about a physical. Hmm I wonder of that was for Zachs shoulder. Report today 49ers pick down to Lance and Mac Jones. Mcshay and Daniel Jeremiah are very good friends with Douglas, he offered them jobs here. Both very assertive that Zach is the clear 2nd QB with a huge gap to the next one. You need any more evidence to convince you?

Schefter hasn't been all that accurate as of late. 

Wilson or Fields both better than Sam Darnold either works for me. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

EEK! You think Schefter texted Zach that he is going to the Jets officially because he was guessing? Someone in the organization told him that. Saleh didn't even bother going to Fields 2nd pro day after missing the first one. The 49ers aren't organizing these 2nd pro days flying around the country for their health thinking they will take Wilson. Douglas said there was a clear 2 QB's with all the rest not worth trading Darnold for. He had a great offer for Darnold but held up because he was worried about a physical. Hmm I wonder if that was for Zachs shoulder. Report today 49ers pick down to Lance and Mac Jones. Mcshay and Daniel Jeremiah are very good friends with Douglas, he offered them jobs here. Both very assertive that Zach is the clear 2nd QB with a huge gap to the next one. You need any more evidence to convince you?

Who better to feed the chum to the sharks?

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

And if Fields busts out?

Doulglas is the GM of the Jets.  If he thinks Wilson is a much better QB then Fields, I'm going with Douglas over internet fears.   If he's worrying about what Lil Bill is doing the Jets need another GM.

I don't think he cares, nor should he.

It's more likely Zach Wilson will bust than Justin Fields. Especially if the Jets are drafting Wilson, who are a challenging situation for any young quarterback, let alone a one year wonder out of BYU with multiple surgeries on his shoulders.

7 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

It's more likely Zach Wilson will bust than Justin Fields. Especially if the Jets are drafting Wilson, who are a challenging situation for any young quarterback, let alone a one year wonder out of BYU with multiple surgeries on his shoulders.

So wilson will bust on the sorry no talent jets but fields won;t?

In the end with many QB's their success will be very much tied to how the GM builds around them.  Douglas has to hope a few more of his picks from last year take it up a notch, that his non QB picks do well this year and that he nails it next year.

What Joe Douglas does with picks 23 and 34 will tell me almost every thing I need to know about him going forward.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Trust JD, if he is convinced Wilson is the guy then so be it. The teams hopes are riding on JD picking the right guys in more than just this singular moment 

I like Wilson & Fields, but they both have question marks. It's easy to ignore Fields issues because they haven't been dissected over and over like Wilson's on here for the past two months

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Well in your mind it's Wilson who is more likely to bust.  In my mind Fields is more likely to bust, and that's fine. 

We'll find out who Joe thinks is more likely to bust on Thursday.  

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I like my chances much better with Fields as my quarterback. I'm much more confident he's built for the abuse that comes with playing quarterback at the NFL level. 

In the past 5-10 years, what QBs flamed out due to injuries and abuse of playing QB at the NFL level?

3 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Tbh it's a better thought than "I think what JoeSchmo941 on JetsNation says about QBs is gospel!"

Tell that to Macc, Idzik, Tanny and Bradway. :-k

I have no doubt a few of our "JoeSchmo"'s here at JN could have done better than THAT rogues gallery.

But hey, no stress, "I like whatever the GM does" is certainly the easy, lazy way to be a fan.  It literally requires no thought of any kind.  

You be you, I like thinking for myself.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Warfish said:

Tell that to Macc, Idzik, Tanny and Bradway. :-k

I have no doubt a few of our "JoeSchmo"'s here at JN could have done better than THAT rogues gallery.

But hey, no stress, "I like whatever the GM does' is certainly the easy, lazy way to be a fan.  It literally requires no thought of any kind.  

Tanny and Bradway had some success. I'm not saying blindly follow everything Joe Douglas does, but there's nothing in his process or past history that suggests he's making a rushed and uninformed decision. So I'll trust him until he proves otherwise.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

I'm not saying blindly follow everything Joe Douglas does, but there's nothing in his process or past history that suggests he's making a rushed and uninformed decision.

You know people can make a patient, informed decision, and still make the wrong decision, right?

11 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

So I'll trust him until he proves otherwise.

Fair enough, but there is a more than fair argument that he's already started to prove otherwise with his draft picks and free agent choices to-date. He's been great at trading away players for picks, unquestionably, but his resume to-date on player selection, obvious Becton pick being obvious aside, hasn't been terribly good. 

Of course, if his 2020 draft picks picks start producing in 2021, and his 2021 picks have some impact in 2021, and his shiny new 2021 free agent edge and WR produce like #1's at their respective spots, that will certainly change some perceptions of him. 

It's all in his hands right now.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Warfish said:

who do you think the jets should take at #2?

how do you rank the QBs in this draft class?

you're a bright guy who is certainly capable of thinking for himself.  would you like to share how you see this draft and this QB class stack up?

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Both of them are going to suck

53 minutes ago, Warfish said:

i.e. "I think whatever our current GM does is the best decision!" 

LOL

I know, you know much more about these college players, and the draft then any of the GM's.  I'm not insane so I know I don't

And no, I don't always think a GM makes the right decision.  I thought Darnold was the 3rd QB in that class.  Thought Geno was an out right punk, and a bust, thought Sanchize was way over hyped.

But I'm not an idiot, I know these guys have MUCH more resources available to them, and Football is truly their life work.  For me it's a hobby.  So yes, in the end I will accept what a much more informed man thinks of a situation.  Or move on to another team, or sport.