2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Could be another flurry of free agent activity this week.

I think Sherman, Houston and Ingram should all be guy's JD kicks the tires on.  Sherman is still a solid player.  Ingram and Houston both can probably still put up 5-7 sacks opposite Lawson.  All would be nice 1 year stop gaps 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Obviously we’ve all been talking about veteran CB’s like Sherman and Nelson, but I’d also really like K.J. Wright on a 1 year deal so we aren’t heavily relying on guys like Sherwood and Hamsah from the jump.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Exactly.   People always forget about this when complaining about free agent signings prior to the draft.  

Flip side for this team is I don’t think the Jets are in play yet, looks like the projection is five out seven in. Hopefully next year they break through.

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Obviously we’ve all been talking about veteran CB’s like Sherman and Nelson, but I’d also really like K.J. Wright on a 1 year deal so we aren’t heavily relying on guys like Sherwood and Hamsah from the jump.

I also would not mind seeing if we can find a vet RG who could be an upgrade over Van Roten/Lewis and Feeney.  And then I will hope that Cam Clark beats them all out.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Lith said:

I also would not mind seeing if we can find a vet RG who could be an upgrade over Van Roten/Lewis and Feeney.  And then I will hope that Cam Clark beats them all out.

Agreed

A guy like Trai Turner is still out there. He’s not the player he was a few years ago but he’d still probably be an upgrade over what we currently have at RG. Hopefully Clark steps up and shows that he’s ready.

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

If JD is willing to give $200,000 guaranteed to a smallish you UDFA DB out of college… I wonder what he’d be willing to offer Sherman or Nelson to come in and help lock down one side of the field? Same goes for the UDFA edge Hamelicur? $200k guaranteed. What will Houston or Ingram be offered on 1 yr. deal?

Crowder’s money or Lewis savings?

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Agreed

A guy like Trai Turner is still out there. He’s not the player he was a few years ago but he’d still probably be an upgrade over what we currently have at RG. Hopefully Clark steps up and shows that he’s ready.

I think feeney despite being a mediocre C at best was a pretty good G.  I don’t see an issue slotting him in at RG.  Ultimately I think it will be a competition among the 2 or 3 bets we have and Clark. Not the worst situation.  I think RT abd C are set for next year 

24 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

If JD is willing to give $200,000 guaranteed to a smallish you UDFA DB out of college… I wonder what he’d be willing to offer Sherman or Nelson to come in and help lock down one side of the field? Same goes for the UDFA edge Hamelicur? $200k guaranteed. What will Houston or Ingram be offered on 1 yr. deal?

Crowder’s money or Lewis savings?

They can cut Lewis this afternoon for all I care.  Lewis, Van Roten and Feeney are all the same caliber player.  Fine as a back up, but not a guy you want as a starter.  No need for all 3, and Lewis is highest paid.

As for Crowder, no need to rush to move on from him.  As we have seen the last few years, it is tough to keep all of your top 4 WRs healthy.  With Crowder we have a solid WR room that goes 5 deep.  If the other guys stay healthy through camp, maybe we can deal him to a contender who needs a slot in Aug/Sep.  Or hang on to him until the deadline.  If one or two guys miss some time, it will be nice to run him out there for Wilson instead of Berrios/Smith/Cager types.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

They can cut Lewis this afternoon for all I care.  Lewis, Van Roten and Feeney are all the same caliber.  Fine as a back up, but not a guy you want as a starter.  No need for all 3, and Lewis is highest paid.

As for Crowder, no need to rush to move on from him.  As we have seen the last few years, it is tough to keep all of your top 4 WRs healthy.  With Crowder we have a solid WR room that goes 5 deep.  If the other guys stay healthy through camp, maybe we can deal him to a contender who needs a slot in Aug/Sep.  Or hang on to him until the deadline.  If one or two guys miss some time, it will be nice to run him out there for Wilson instead of Berrios/Smith/Cager types.

I would love to keep Crowder..... just not at the expense of other holes being filled.I don’t know where were at Cap Wise but I would hope JD would not let that prevent him from picking up a Nelson or Sherman or Houston or Ingram. 
Crowder would be an excellent pro for Moore to watch and pattern after.

• Sympathy 2

14 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I would love to keep Crowder..... just not at the expense of other holes being filled.I don’t know where were at Cap Wise but I would hope JD would not let that prevent him from picking up a Nelson or Sherman or Houston or Ingram. 
Crowder would be an excellent pro for Moore to watch and pattern after.

Spotrac has us at ~$28M in cap space.  2nd only to Jax in the league.  $16M estimated rookie pool leaves us at $12M.  Free up another $5M by cutting Lewis and we have $17M to spend.  Plenty to add one or two vets and keep Crowder.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Spotrac has us at ~$28M in cap space.  2nd only to Jax in the league.  $16M estimated rookie pool leaves us at $12M.  Free up another $5M by cutting Lewis and we have $17M to spend.  Plenty to add one or two vets and keep Crowder.

Thanks Lith. Crowder stays!
What do think it takes to sign Nelson (3/$21m) or Sherman (2/$11m)?
Ingram (2/$11)?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Thanks Lith. Crowder stays!
What do think it takes to sign Nelson (3/$21m) or Sherman (2/$11m)?
Ingram (2/$11)?

I have no sense for what these guys could get.  I woudl prefer Sherman on a 1-year deal if we can get him.  Nelson is young enough for 3 years as long as we could get out of it painlessly after 2.  At this stage of FA, I am not sure what these guys would go for.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

In an interview I read with Jenkins he was pretty clear that he was more comfortable on the right side than the left and working to try to get there on the left side.

I don’t think anybody would say no to potential LT money but I remember thinking he seemed like he’d be perfectly happy to get plopped at RT for a decade and would be more risky moved to the left side. So this is interesting.

Loved the Fields trade up for them but feel like Pace can’t get out of his own way sometimes.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

With all of our draft captial and the state of our TE room, I would be willing to send a 5 or 6 to Atl for Hurst.  And then pay for his salary by releasing Griffin.

I do wonder how active the Jets will be in the veteran trade market as we get closer to the season. They’ve got some cap room to maybe take on some stuff if it’ll help as a bridge.

Also with the new scheme I feel like Fatukasi and Shepherd would be better used by teams doing something different. Crowder too honestly. There are definitely several useful guys who would probably benefit from a change of scenery, could open up roster spots for a younger guy, and are expiring this year.

14 minutes ago, derp said:

In an interview I read with Jenkins he was pretty clear that he was more comfortable on the right side than the left and working to try to get there on the left side.

I don’t think anybody would say no to potential LT money but I remember thinking he seemed like he’d be perfectly happy to get plopped at RT for a decade and would be more risky moved to the left side. So this is interesting.

Loved the Fields trade up for them but feel like Pace can’t get out of his own way sometimes.

Agreed. It is a curious move by the Bears.  I know they are up against the cap and need to free up space to sign their draft class, but releasing a solid, experienced LT, right after drafting Fields is a bit surprising.  Unless they intend to start Dalton and give Fields at least a partial reshirt season.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Agreed. It is a curious move by the Bears.  I know they are up against the cap and need to free up space to sign their draft class, but releasing a solid, experienced LT, right after drafting Fields is a bit surprising.  Unless they intend to start Dalton and give Fields at least a partial reshirt season.

It's stuff like this that will get Pace canned. Very soon.

• Upvote 1

NFL rumors: Imagining Giants-Packers Aaron Rodgers trade

Updated 12:34 PM; Today 12:05 PM 
NFL Week 13: Green Bay Packers at New York Giants

Would the New York Giants replace quarterback Daniel Jones (8, left) with Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12)?Andrew Mills | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Facebook Share
Twitter Share

To dream the impossible dream.

What would it take for New York Giants general manager Dave Gettleman to go full Don Quixote and start tilting at windmills? In this case, just substitute windmills with trade rumors blowing in the breeze about the future of Green Bay Packersquarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers, the three-time NFL MVP wants out of Green Bay, and though the Giants seem set at quarterback with Daniel Jones, you can never say never. At least, that’s what ESPN thought when it ranked seven “realistic suitors” for a Rodgers trade, with the Giants listed at No. 4:

Packers get: 2022 first-round pick, 2022 first-round pick (from Bears), 2023 first-round pick (conditional), WR Darius Slayton

Giants get: Rodgers

On 5/4/2021 at 11:43 AM, joewilly12 said:

NFL rumors: Imagining Giants-Packers Aaron Rodgers trade

Updated 12:34 PM; Today 12:05 PM 
NFL Week 13: Green Bay Packers at New York Giants

Would the New York Giants replace quarterback Daniel Jones (8, left) with Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12)?Andrew Mills | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Facebook Share
Twitter Share

To dream the impossible dream.

What would it take for New York Giants general manager Dave Gettleman to go full Don Quixote and start tilting at windmills? In this case, just substitute windmills with trade rumors blowing in the breeze about the future of Green Bay Packersquarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers, the three-time NFL MVP wants out of Green Bay, and though the Giants seem set at quarterback with Daniel Jones, you can never say never. At least, that’s what ESPN thought when it ranked seven “realistic suitors” for a Rodgers trade, with the Giants listed at No. 4:

Packers get: 2022 first-round pick, 2022 first-round pick (from Bears), 2023 first-round pick (conditional), WR Darius Slayton

Giants get: Rodgers

Haha gotta love the media. Watson pre scumbag predator days was supposed to fetch 4 first rounders 2 2nd rounders and a "player" according to that hack in Houston, but a HOF QB is worth 3 first rounders. Will Rodgers play the Carson Palmer card?

• Haha 1

Dolphins just released DB Bobby McCain... that is someone who i would like to see us pursue. I've followed his career out of memphis, (somehow only 27) he can play all over the secondary & ST... leader as well. 

On 5/3/2021 at 10:43 AM, Lith said:

I have no sense for what these guys could get.  I woudl prefer Sherman on a 1-year deal if we can get him.  Nelson is young enough for 3 years as long as we could get out of it painlessly after 2.  At this stage of FA, I am not sure what these guys would go for.

I had been in the sign Sherman camp.  But we drafted so many defensive backs that if we sign a veteran, we are essentially cutting a draft pick without even looking at him in training camp.  Nor is Sherman coming in without some guarantees.  I am sure such offers are already on his table.  To me it is not the money, it is the roster spots.  Yesterday they were there.  Today they are not.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

I had been in the sign Sherman camp.  But we drafted so many defensive backs that if we sign a veteran, we are essentially cutting a draft pick without even looking at him in training camp.  Nor is Sherman coming in without some guarantees.  I am sure such offers are already on his table.  To me it is not the money, it is the roster spots.  Yesterday they were there.  Today they are not.

Agree with this. Feel similarly about Crowder. Did not see Moore as his replacement, but if Mims, Moore and Cole have good camp and show real promise, Crowder becomes expendable. Agree, also that he was a bit of a disappointment last year but it was such a weird year that I would base what happens next on now forward, not looking back.

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

Dolphins just released DB Bobby McCain... that is someone who i would like to see us pursue. I've followed his career out of memphis, (somehow only 27) he can play all over the secondary & ST... leader as well.