Jump to content

2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stage I [Jets fail to spend $200 million in the first six hours of free agency; JN blows out its collective diaper]: COMPLETE Stage II [Jets sign a bunch of second- and third-tier FAs; JN begins

Joe Thuney and Corey Linsley is *not* a one or the other proposition for the Jets. If Thuney were to accept the Jets offer, they would still be interested in Linsley 👀 

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Im curious to know why you prefer lawson over the rest. Only 5 sacks last year. QW had more sacks from the nose. I don't want to pay big money for a 5 sack a year player. 

He also pressured the QB 64 times (4th amongst edge rushers, 6th overall) and 32 QB hits (only TJ Watt had more).

When Lawson he's been on the field, he's played like an elite edge rusher, he just hasn't had alot of playing time due to a combination of injuries and the Bengals just not playing him enough. Last year was his first full season. He's only getting started. Give him a full amount of playing time (provided he stays healthy) and he's only going to ascend even further.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, King P said:

He also pressured the QB 64 times (4th amongst edge rushers, 6th overall) and 32 QB hits (only TJ Watt had more).

When Lawson he's been on the field, he's played like an elite edge rusher, he just hasn't had alot of playing time due to a combination of injuries and the Bengals just not playing him enough. Last year was his first full season. He's only getting started. Give him a full amount of playing time (provided he stays healthy) and he's only going to ascend even further.

 

Not to mention you get more sacks when your team has a lead, Bengals playing from behind = less sacks

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The team that was in the Super Bowl in 2020.

We have a lot of holes.   Don’t think signing the most expensive FB in football is a good use of resources 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Im curious to know why you prefer lawson over the rest. Only 5 sacks last year. QW had more sacks from the nose. I don't want to pay big money for a 5 sack a year player. 

Was in the backfield alot. Huge number of QB hits and pressures. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYJets8 said:

Sounds pretty concrete.  Hopefully, we know what we want.  And are aggressive to upgrade.  Golladay should be a no brainer, factoring availability only regarding. 

Golladay, Thuney, Lawson, K'wan and trade for Lattimore.  Draft #2 Wilson QB, because they will, #23 Edge Paye, #34 LB Collins 

Thats a good start to rebuild this roster

Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my favorite days of the year. Let’s build that offensive and defensive line! 
 

Protect the QB, whoever it will be! Get guys that can get to the QB. That has, and will always be the key to winning football games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

why is everyone so excited about today? all your going to here is...my sources say this team talked to that guy...

we been hearing from  " my sources " for 2 months now.

Wednesday is the day to get excited about. not today

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doitny said:

why is everyone so excited about today? all your going to here is...my sources say this team talked to that guy...

we been hearing from  " my sources " for 2 months now.

Wednesday is the day to get excited about. not today

 

Nope deals will start being reported at noon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doitny said:

why is everyone so excited about today? all your going to here is...my sources say this team talked to that guy...

we been hearing from  " my sources " for 2 months now.

Wednesday is the day to get excited about. not today

 

Not true. Last year we knew on the first day where several players were going in the first tier of free agents.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

OL and Pass Rusher seem like the areas that make the most sense to invest in heavily in free agency. They are premium position where good players tend to be effective into their early 30s. 

CB and WR to me are areas to focus your attention on in the NFL draft. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, doitny said:

why is everyone so excited about today? all your going to here is...my sources say this team talked to that guy...

we been hearing from  " my sources " for 2 months now.

Wednesday is the day to get excited about. not today

 

By Wednesday, the first wave of FA (with all the top guys) will be essentially over.

Last year, something like 72 of the top 75 FAs had a deal agreed before FA officially "started".

It's today and tomorrow where the big deals will be agreed.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

So far this morning there seems to be a bunch of buzz of Curtis Samuel to the Jags. Has a connection with urban Meyer. 

Is it just me that feels like they've already got their Curtis Samuel in Shenault?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...