2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

21 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

What's a projection of the combined cost of BOTH?

Zeitler got basically 7 or 8 million per. 

12-15 million for these guys? 

I'd gladly see the Jets tie up 25-27 million per year for 3 years on these two guys. 

That's 34 - 36 million left in cap space with Crowder not yet traded/released and Sam not traded (if that happens)

Would probably leave 8/9 draft picks to go for something other than the offensive line. Figuring they might draft an OL project 5th or 6th round. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, doitny said:

why is everyone so excited about today? all your going to here is...my sources say this team talked to that guy...

we been hearing from  " my sources " for 2 months now.

Wednesday is the day to get excited about. not today

That’s not how this works. Tons of Players and teams come to agreements on the first day of legal tampering period then they make it official on the 17th. Today is basically the start of FA.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

What's a projection of the combined cost of BOTH?

Zeitler got basically 7 or 8 million per. 

12-15 million for these guys? 

I'd gladly see the Jets tie up 25-27 million per year for 3 years on these two guys. 

That's 34 - 36 million left in cap space with Crowder not yet traded/released and Sam not traded (if that happens)

Would probably leave 8/9 draft picks to go for something other than the offensive line. Figuring they might draft an OL project 5th or 6th round. 

No JD needs to find a RT in the draft. Fant is in his last year. There are some good ones to be had in round 3 that can sit a year behind Fant.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

If Thuney is out, then Linsey is an absolute MUST.  JD will then slide McGovern over to G and draft one in first 3 rounds.  Again, there are a number of good ones that will be there....Deonte Brown Alabama..

3 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

If Thuney is out, then Linsey is an absolute MUST.  JD will then slide McGovern over to G and draft one in first 3 rounds.  Again, there are a number of good ones that will be there....Deonte Brown Alabama..

Might also be why Ravens jumped on Zeitler so quickly.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, football guy said:

I'd personally like to see them aim higher, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if they added Bourne along with a lower-tier FA (John Brown, Marquise Goodwin), and then continued building the WR group via the draft. 

The Jets have internal expectations but they won't overpay for a player at a position that's so talent rich. I won't be shocked if Kendrick Bourne is the 2021 version of the George Fant signing... a player the entire organization can agree on who fits the scheme/culture and projects as a major contributor. I have a hard time seeing them signing both he and JuJu or Golladay for that matter. With that said, keep an eye on what goes on with Jamison Crowder. If the Jets signed say Curtis Samuel/Will Fuller and Kendrick Bourne, I would expect them to trade Crowder to Washington. Washington, however, is going to be in on Samuel themselves, so a lot of these moves are organic. 

If we wind up pursuing Juju over Curtis wed be committing to bringing back Sam. That’s the only universe where that makes sense. Otherwise how the hell do we lose a bidding war... all this cap. No excuses. If you decide Samuel is the guy, then show us. 

8 minutes ago, slats said:

There's no way they're signing both. We should be tremendously pleased if they manage to come away with one of them. 

They need 2 G’s. Might as well aim high. 18 for Thuney, 10 for linsley?  Time to open the purse strings and protect whoever is playing QB.  If you get a rookie QB1 you can afford to do this.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I don't think they come away with Thuney, although I'm hoping. It really all comes down to money. Nick Mangold has been on the sidelines trying to sell both he and Linsley on coming here (he did this especially with Thuney last year). 

In Thuney's case, he's already done his homework on the Jets organization because the expectation is that he was going to sign with us this year, but there's expected to be an even bigger market for him this time around and the Bengals involvement changes things. You would figure the coaching staff changes help the Jets cause, but I think his decision really comes down to where he wants to settle living wise.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

They need 2 G’s. Might as well aim high. 18 for Thuney, 10 for linsley?  Time to open the purse strings and protect whoever is playing QB.  If you get a rookie QB1 you can afford to do this.

I don't think any interior linemen will be getting 18 this year, but I am wrong most of the time.

1 minute ago, football guy said:

I don't think they come away with Thuney, although I'm hoping. It really all comes down to money. Nick Mangold has been on the sidelines trying to sell both he and Linsley on coming here (he did this especially with Thuney last year). 

In Thuney's case, he's already done his homework on the Jets organization because the expectation is that he was going to sign with us this year, but there's expected to be an even bigger market for him this time around and the Bengals involvement changes things. You would figure the coaching staff changes help the Jets cause, but I think his decision really comes down to where he wants to settle living wise.  

I just saw a tweet that said that Pats have reopened communications as well.