2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

They need 2 G’s. Might as well aim high. 18 for Thuney, 10 for linsley?  Time to open the purse strings and protect whoever is playing QB.  If you get a rookie QB1 you can afford to do this.

There's gonna be huge competition for both of those guys, and the Jets have needs all over the roster - not just at OL. I'd rather one of them and a starting WR. Jets have plenty of draft capital to add more OL, too. Maybe Clark's ready to move into the starting lineup at guard in his second year. That's how you build a team thru the draft (JD's mantra); develop them and put them in the pipeline to starting down the road. 

Don't get your hopes up for both, it's just not happening. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If we wind up pursuing Juju over Curtis wed be committing to bringing back Sam. That’s the only universe where that makes sense. Otherwise how the hell do we lose a bidding war... all this cap. No excuses. If you decide Samuel is the guy, then show us. 

Peanut butter and Jelly? Did you ever try Cream cheese and jelly?  Ask @The Crusher  I'd prefer Samuel over FuFu.  He's extremely versatile and LaFleur would have a field day drawing up all kinds of plays with him which we haven't seen in decades.  Trade Crowder and draft a slot in the draft. Lot of good ones in mid rounds.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Makes sense to go for Linsley AND Thuney.  Moves McGovern to G with Thuney, Linsley and C and Becton and Fant at T.  Would be awesome.

Those are my top two FA wishes in the other thread....if we get both I would be fine if we ignored O-line in the top 1/2 of the draft.

Then with 5-6 picks in the top three rounds (depending on a Darnold trade) we could really solidify a core nucellus of young players.

With Linsley and Thuney signed we could then go:

#2 QB then go any combination of WR, Edge, CB (x2?), RB

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

Peanut butter and Jelly? Did you ever try Cream cheese and jelly?  Ask @The Crusher  I'd prefer Samuel over FuFu.  He's extremely versatile and LaFleur would have a field day drawing up all kinds of plays with him which we haven't seen in decades.  Trade Crowder and draft a slot in the draft. Lot of good ones in mid rounds.

And Samuel would be considerably cheaper.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

There's gonna be huge competition for both of those guys, and the Jets have needs all over the roster - not just at OL. I'd rather one of them and a starting WR. Jets have plenty of draft capital to add more OL, too. Maybe Clark's ready to move into the starting lineup at guard in his second year. That's how you build a team thru the draft (JD's mantra); develop them and put them in the pipeline to starting down the road. 

Realism is a beach.  I'd be thrilled with Samuel, Thuney or Linsey, an edge (Judon/Floyd etc), a trade for Lattimore. 

8 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

J Williams underwhelming Pass. Draft Chubba Hubbard.  He'd be dynamic is Laflauer's system ala Mccaffrey.

I think the fine members of JN appear to have a distorted view of Jamal’s ability... the same distorted view GB had when they selected him ahead of Aaron Jones, despite my best efforts to tell them otherwise. 

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, slats said:

True, but I'm still a firm believer in oline being the position group that helps all others the most.

Obviously a great oline helps your QB, RBs n WRs, but it allows you to eat the clock and keep the defense off the field.

I have zero problem spending 25+mil on two great interior olinemen.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I’m a everything bagel with cream cheese and  locks. I like jelly and preserves one nice crunchy English muffin, my a appetite is culturally diverse. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

True, but I'm still a firm believer in oline being the position group that helps all others the most.

Obviously a great oline helps your QB, RBs n WRs, but it allows you to eat the clock and keep the defense off the field.

I have zero problem spending 25+mil on two great interior olinemen.

It's not a practical way to build a football team, and won't happen. 

8 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Thuney AND Linsley? Some of you are setting yourselves up for a few days of binge drinking, self loathing  and tears.. or as I call it in my house.. ‘Tuesday’

Yep that’s Madden talk. If you guys want to have any sort of enjoyment from this, i think you should probably lower your expectations on how a lot of this unfolds lol.

I want Robinson SO BAD with this Oline improvement, stretch running game & Mims with a full camp.
It is TOUGH to be a #1 WR as a rookie with zero camp, out 8 games. Robinson immediately becomes #1 attention for opposing defenses allowing Mims to work against the 2nd CB. 

Wonder if Saleh & Douglas can rope him in? 
Unfortunately he is not a free agent...he got tagged

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

21 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Guys, Thuney is not coming here. If you were him, why would you come to a team that’s not ready to “win now”?
He’ll get paid handsomely elsewhere.

You're probably right.  The Pats acutually have more cap space than we do now and they are in discussions.  The only thing is, not many teams that can win now can afford him.  Only way we get him is if we overpay and he prefers to stay on the East Coast.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, football guy said:

I don't think they come away with Thuney, although I'm hoping. It really all comes down to money. Nick Mangold has been on the sidelines trying to sell both he and Linsley on coming here (he did this especially with Thuney last year). 

In Thuney's case, he's already done his homework on the Jets organization because the expectation is that he was going to sign with us this year, but there's expected to be an even bigger market for him this time around and the Bengals involvement changes things. You would figure the coaching staff changes help the Jets cause, but I think his decision really comes down to where he wants to settle living wise.  

Cmon Thuney, come move to New Jersey and live next Mangold and pay nice high taxes. We got good pizza here too.

27 minutes ago, slats said:

Hopefully JD can pat his head and rub his stomach at the same time. He should be negotiating with the top 2-3 players at WR, Edge, Corner, TE, and Interior OL. Hopefully we come out with 3 quality players. If it’s 2 OL and WR or 1 OL and 2 WR or any mix...doesn’t matter. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Thuney AND Linsley? Some of you are setting yourselves up for a few days of binge drinking, self loathing  and tears.. or as I call it in my house.. ‘Tuesday’

sh*t i started early last night to get a head start on the impending failure that is coming.