2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

12 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

You guys can panic all you want about the Pats moves, but to me, they smell of desperation. They have a nice cap situation that they are squandering, if you ask me. This will bury them for a while. They are the past. Worry about the Bills and Dolphins. New England without Brady will return to irrelevancy for a long time.

Everyone sees that with the Pats. Cam sucked last year, but COVID wasn't helping his case. Bet he does better than Sam this year.. wherever he is playing. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Have to get at least one of them, preferably both.

I'd also like to see at least one of Lawson or Ngakoue.

Whiffing on all 4 of those guys would be a total disaster.  Getting two of them is kinda my expectation at this point.  It has to happen in year where the Jets have huge $$$ and those are two of their biggest positional needs.

we dont have to get anyone. this macc feeling is how we ended up with CJ contract almost Barr and everyone other over bloated contracts. We litterally just spent 2 seasons getting rid of this. It woudl be great no doubt to get any of these guys as an upgrade but if it means going over the price Joe thinks they are worht forget about it. 

If we dont get them big deal, there is another guy we can get that will be an upgrade. We just need to get better and take advantage of any opportunities we see. lets say we get 2 toher pass rushers on your list and no one else? that is a disaster? hell no it is not. 2 edge guys or line guys not on your list that upgrades us? that is a win especially whne some other team over pays for the mentioned guys above. 

we have huge money and ton of pick to improve this team, we need the same approach as before - team friendly deals. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, pointman said:

Pfft bro where you been? You missed out. Blockbuster move.. we are thinking about resigning brad of whatever Perryman WHO MAY or MAY NOT be interested. BOOM goes the dynamite. 

Whoa, I'm like ⅛ erect right now!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Except we already had the nucleus of a team. Just saying its okay to not over react to all these signings.  We'll get there...

100 percent. Joe will not over pay I hope, but if top talent is available for the right money he is in position to make the deal. No one signed yet has been anything terrible for us. If anything I love seeing the pats over pay for a TE..

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bruce Harper said:

On the bright side, the most inflated contracts usually come at the beginning.  And the guys we have been tied to are still on the board, mostly.

thankfully the desperate teams are targeting other positions right now....I think we probably pay top money to someone this FA but I dont think the reaction will be we over paid I think it will be he is worth the money. CJ was great addition but the money was stupid. With JD i think we will see more of the same team friendly deals...wins.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

Let them keep signing guys we don’t want. This market is about to come to us. We are going to be the only team left with big cap space. And then maybe Joe Douglas will pull his move.

JD about to pull The Scholar’s mate.

or so I hope. 

• Upvote 1