2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

6 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

wait so you are comparing him to a guy not named jamal, but barr, when you said jamal? lol Im must have misread or interpreted your meaning, I still dont get it. 

I do know this from my very short and informal search for information about this guy that is entirely based on reading tweets...Jarrad4 life Davis is a scheme fit for our new HC. 

doesnt it just sound good to hear that, we picked up a guy to help our HC.

Sigh. I was comparing Jarrad with Adams. I was mocking Jamal for being a linebacker. And I was also saying FU to Anthony Barr since his bum name was talked about yesterday. Basically, I hate everyone that was once here and isn't anymore. 

Also, thank you for adopting "Jarrad4life". 

I mean.. I'd rather hear we picked up a playmaker to help our new HC. Like someone with more than ZERO POINT FIVE SACKS LAST SEASON. ZERO. POINT. FIVE. 0.5.  I ran to my fridge during a tv timeout and got 0.5 sacks by accident. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Anyone that can be cut after 1 year is not overpaid.  Winning games is not the goal this year.  You are going to have to let your dreams of a 7-9 season and be stuck in mediocrity go.

1 year of 0.5 sacks and not contributing in a part time role for $7,000,000.00 USD is without a doubt the definition of overpaid. So yes, someone can absolutely be overpaid in a one year contract.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas - We are building this through free agency

Jet Fans - I cant believe Joe Douglas is not signing anyone.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAAHA.  This is hysterical.  He told us all what he was doing and none of you got it.  HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Dave Chappelle Wow GIF

2 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Would not have given Thuney a 5/80 deal. Plus since we're not the Chiefs we'd have to offer above that to snag him. 

I would have happily. We're going to have a new QB, likely to be a rookie.  You need to give those a guys a chance.  Paying a top guard a lot of money would he well worth it in the long run.

2 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Would not have given Thuney a 5/80 deal. Plus since we're not the Chiefs we'd have to offer above that to snag him. 

Exacctly.  With the Chiefs offering him that kind of money, we would have had to overpay big time to have gotten him.  Bad teams have the edge in the draft by picking earlier; good teams have the edge in FA since they are more attractive destinations.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

No ones signing with Jets unless their options are slim or money is way better with us .

Amazingly 80% of this forum cannot figure this out each year when we have tons of cap space and most peoples list of our gets are always the top 3 or 4 guys.  They also all assume teams with not a lot of cap space are doomed and they rarely are if they really really want a player.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

16M per for Thuney. That absolutely blows away the top of the OG market, which was at 14M before this deal (Scherff is at 18M but only because he's on his second tag). When you consider that the cap has contracted, that's a huge deal.

That’s an enormous deal. Like huge. I get being out at that number but now it’s Linsley or bust and that market will expand.