2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

How will you feel when we don't get him either? Also, you know one is a guard and the other a center, right?

If we don't get Linsley I'll cry and stomp my feet like a child 

I'm well aware of the positions they play.  I don't believe signing both would have been a great use of resources.  And based on signing 1, I prefer Linsley.  

Is that ok?  

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Well, to be fair, the Cardinals want to protect their investment in Kyler Murray.  And, the Chiefs want to protect their QB Patrick Mahomes.  For some reason they think keeping their QBs upright will help them win football games.  I dunno.  Kinda crazy.

The Jets want to save some money and see if they can ruin a Top 3 drafted QB from 2018 and for an encore, maybe ruin a Top 2 drafted QB from 2021.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Ok this will be a problem.

Forget all the jokes and witch sh*t... if you can't close on a need like Linsley for team that had an epically bad Oline last year - GTFO joe...

I've had with this stubborn crap... Macc did the same stupid things where he wasn't prepared to pay what needed to paid, would lose out on a valuable asset - then OVERCORRECT by bidding against himself with a guy like Tru.

You have to want to come here. Why would any one want to come play for one of the worst teams in the NFL, paying taxes up the ass, living in a post apocalyptic decrepit city, with the most cut throat media and fan base in the NFL? Signing with the jets instantly reduces your chances of another contract. We are a laughing stock and need to overpay by 25% to attract anyone. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If we don't get Linsley I'll cry and stomp my feet like a child 

I'm well aware of the positions they play.  I don't believe signing both would have been a great use of resources.  And based on signing 1, I prefer Linsley.  

Is that ok?  

Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

• Haha 2

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Well, to be fair, the Cardinals want to protect their investment in Kyler Murray.  And, the Chiefs want to protect their QB Patrick Mahomes.  For some reason they think think keeping their QBs upright will help them win football games.  I dunno.  Kinda crazy.

The Jets want to save some money and see if they can ruin a Top 3 drafted QB from 2018 and for an encore, maybe ruin a Top 2 drafted QB from 2021.

If the guys don't want to come here there's not much we can do about it.  We will be able to sign top tier free agents at market prices when we start winning games.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, QB1 said:

You have to want to come here. Why would any one want to come play for one of the worst teams in the NFL, paying taxes up the ass, living in a post apocalyptic decrepit city, with the most cut throat media and fan base in the NFL? We are a laughing stock and need to overpay by 25% to attract anyone. 

I thought Sam and Salah were a draw? ?

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Keep Sam.  He's already used to playing behind a crap oline.

Don't be surprised.  With every passing minute it looks like Sam is staying and JD will be using those draft picks on his roster outside of a QB.

I mean, if there's one lesson I would hope that JD has learned in all his years it's that you can really f*ck up the development of a QB by not protecting him, not giving him WRs, and asking him to hand off to Frank Gore every other play.  With a boatload of money and the probability of drafting some kid at #2 to play QB you'd think the Jets might be okay for once in slightly overpaying to ensure they can protect and develop the QB without him running for his life on every play.  Zack Wilson was borderline untouched at BYU.  He's used to a clean pocket.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

HEIGHT6' 1"

WEIGHT238

COLLEGEFlorida Gators

DRAFT YEAR2017

DRAFT TEAMDetroit Lions

ROUND1

SELECTION21

another Florida gator , what’s our connection again? @JiF any thoughts on the player?

nothing other then it's pro factory

Davis a nice player.  Nothing special, just solidl

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Don't be surprised.  With every passing minute it looks like Sam is staying and JD will be using those draft picks on his roster outside of a QB.

I mean, if there's one lesson I would hope that JD has learned in all his years it's that you can really f*ck up the development of a QB by not protecting him, not giving him WRs, and asking him to hand off to Frank Gore every other play.  With a boatload of money and the probability of drafting some kid at #2 to play QB you'd think the Jets might be okay for once in slightly overpaying to ensure they can protect and develop the QB without him running for his life on every play.  Zack Wilson was borderline untouched at BYU.  He's used to a clean pocket.

I'm all for it.  Short of Watson, Sam is the best option imo.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Ok this will be a problem.

Forget all the jokes and witch sh*t... if you can't close on a need like Linsley for team that had an epically bad Oline last year - GTFO joe...

I've had with this stubborn crap... Macc did the same stupid things where he wasn't prepared to pay what needed to paid, would lose out on a valuable asset - then OVERCORRECT by bidding against himself with a guy like Tru.

The problem is that we have been so bad for so long that it is hard to attract the top guys.  

The player is in control in FA.  He can choose where he wants to play.  We have not sniffed the playoffs in 10 years.  Unless we outbid everyone, why is a guy going to come here.  And when we have been the highest bidder in recent years, it hasn't exactly worked out well.  

But that said, it is JD's job to sell his vision for the team to agents and FAs and so far he hasnot demonstrated the ability to do that. Only a few hours into FA and really only one of our major targets is gone, but its another frustrating start.

• Upvote 2