2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I get it but if that’s why Joe has a fcking Millionaire salary. Any a$$hole can sit in a Booth with binoculars and point to people and say I want him… You have to be able to negotiate with an agent and talked him into getting their guy here for an extra 5 million in guarantees spread out over four years.

Horsesh*t. Linsley now to the chargers. 

Joe: ??????

I agree.  JD needs to find a way to get some of these guys here.  Last GM we had who could actually close deals was Tannenbaum.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I agree.  JD needs to find a way to get some of these guys here.  Last GM we had who could actually close deals was Tannenbaum.  

One of the worst GMs in the history of GMs

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I’m not having a meltdown yet. The Jets can get very good prospects at interior OL and WR at 23 and 34. 

That's not what those picks were supposed to be used for though.

The goal was to get IOL and Edge rusher help in FA.  This draft is for a QB (potentially), WR, CB and RT.

With a ton of money and several FA players matching some of the Jets biggest needs the Jets really had to land Thuney or Linsley.

The funny thing is how analysts this morning were panning the Baltimore signing of Zeigler.  They thought the Ravens overpaid for a Tier 2 free agent.  It turns out Baltimore knew the market, knew guys like Thuney would be dramatically overpaid, and they landed a good OG for a moderate price.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I dont know about you guys but as much as I wanted them I didnt want to make them the richest at thier position...seems like that stuff makes more sense for a team that is a player away like KC or AZ who think they will get over the hump etc. Again Joe did what he was supposed to do, not over pay and sabatage the team. We just unloaded thise terrible contracts, and even though these players would argueably be better and play well for the team, that is how you go broke. We need alot of help and I am a little bummed we didnt get these guys, there are other peopel out there that can help.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Agents know we’re desperate, especially after missing out on our top few guys. We are going to have to completely over pay even more now as agents will have us by the balls. 

Nah. Agents don't think we are desperate, they think we are inept. 

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

$12.5m per isn’t a gross overpay 

Somebody might want to pull JD aside and whisper slash scream that when you're the worst team in the league, you're gonna have to pony up to drive traffic into your lot. 

Now put on your big boy pants and go sign Reiff...

Just now, jetstream23 said:

But you love this plan, right @joewilly12?  Weren't you saying the Jets shouldn't sign any of these expensive guys because JD will build through the Draft?

Not me dude/dudette I predicted 5 immediate impact starters in free agency and 4-5 immediate impact starters in the draft. 

Wrong person. 

• Upvote 1