2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

Just now, Larz said:

Been trying not to post this but really reminds me of when idzik cleared all that cap space and got his doors blown off on the first day of fee agency 

here’s your steak knives joe 

DA1D538D-EA03-4A67-9E54-F9EAE2B9E456.jpeg

He got Eric Decker who was one of the few big money signings that actually helped the team.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Somebody might want to pull JD aside and whisper slash scream that when you're the worst team in the league, you're gonna have to pony up to drive traffic into your lot. 

Now put on your big boy pants and go sign Reiff...

so you think signing a guy making him the top paid dude int he league when plays so inconsistent is good idea nd would save his job?

Just now, Mike135 said:

Yet he still has to spend the cap space.  It's not a bad thing to pay free agents.

I understand that.  I’m not saying I agree with all his decisions.  I don’t blame him for Thuney.  He got a massive deal from a SB contender.  We would have had to pay Thuney 20 million per year probably 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Been trying not to post this but really reminds me of when idzik cleared all that cap space and got his doors blown off on the first day of fee agency 

here’s your steak knives joe 

DA1D538D-EA03-4A67-9E54-F9EAE2B9E456.jpeg

Spot on.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Morrissey said:

Tide's gonna turn of JD now...

It won't if he can plug all the other holes - CB, EDGE, WR (and they need multiple players at those spots, not just one) - that will allow them to focus on IOL in the draft...

...But I have zero confidence that will happen - particularly given how thin CB and WR are

1 minute ago, DoubleDecker said:

No worries, we rollin over 50 mil in cap for next year fellas!  We'll  be 200 mil under the cap to sign all of our star players in 2040 when we finish building through the draft!

new york jets fan GIF

That guy is my spirit animal.. lack of traps and shoulders and all.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Haha I was just going to post that we gotta pull in Reiff at all costs. Linsley signed a not crazy deal that will seem even less problematic when the cap bounced up $15m next offseason, JDs gotta do something.

Reiff or David Andrews.

With Thuney and Linsley off the market, Jets are likely to hang tight with what they have, add a veteran or 2 on cheap deals, and look to build through the draft. Jets weren’t finalists for either. Unwilling to go beyond 4 years and had lower valuations specifically on Linsley ($10m apy). 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1