2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

Except we already had the nucleus of a team. Just saying its okay to not over react to all these signings.  We'll get there...

I'm reacting to no signings not all of these signings.  Our roster is trash and the offseason, FA, the draft and who you can pick up because of cuts is an intense competition.  Right now, today the Pats look like they got better, we don't.  That's not an over reaction.  That's just how I see it today.  To be continued...

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

And honestly, I'm not even blaming Darnold 100% here.

Yes, he's terrible and no one who has a choice would want to play for him.

But, Jets are in a terrible spot, and if attracting top FA's was the goal, uncertainty at the QB position isn't ever a draw.

Thanks god next offseason we will have Wilson or Lawrence.

15 minutes ago, football guy said:

With Thuney and Linsley off the market, Jets are likely to hang tight with what they have, add a veteran or 2 on cheap deals, and look to build through the draft. Jets weren’t finalists for either. Unwilling to go beyond 4 years and had lower valuations specifically on Linsley ($10m apy). 

Any chance they 2 Edge now ? And juju

But, Jets are in a terrible spot, and if attracting top FA's was the goal, uncertainty at the QB position isn't ever a draw.

THIS

i can’t understand why others don’t see this reality.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

This

and now they’re answer to potential free agents question: “who will be my QB” , will now likely get leaked 

fun times 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I hope he doesn’t care.

Like the Macc/ Idzik free agents ever made us a “contender “

This is what a rebuild feels like.

What a rebuild feels like is when your first draft class shows potential and contributes.  Some starters, some future starters, some career backups.  A rebuild feels like you can bring in 1-3 pieces in free agency to fill some holes and be placeholders for future draft picks.  

What a rebuild doesn’t look like is one full offseason and your takeaway is Mekhi Becton and ?????

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Those are massive contracts for those 2. Who's to say the Jets didn't match or offer more? Maybe these guys wanted nothing to do with this team and 5y80m on the best team in the league is a no brainer? I meeeeeannn, 2-14 and Sam or shot at the SB every year and Mahomes? Prob pass on 5y85-90 to sign with the Chiefs instead.  ?‍♂️ If we didn't play ball then JD needs full blame.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Ok, so I think I've figured it out.

Woody and Chris have inside knowledge about the J&J vaccine.  They know it sucks and there will be a Covid resurgence.  Fans won't be allowed to attend games again.

So they're purposely tanking again.

I love me a good conspiracy 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BettyBoop said:

What a rebuild feels like is when your first draft class shows potential and contributes.  Some starters, some future starters, some career backups.  A rebuild feels like you can bring in 1-3 pieces in free agency to fill some holes and be placeholders for future draft picks.  

What a rebuild doesn’t look like is r one full offseason your takeaway is Mekhi Becton and ?????

This 

2 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I hope he doesn’t care.

Like the Macc/ Idzik free agents ever made us a “contender “

This is what a rebuild feels like.

What? Feels like you have a boatload if cap but refuse to use it? That’s rebuild? Rookies aren’t building this team and JDs track record in draft is abysmal. 

JD is Idzik 2.0. How did that rebuild go? Almost the exact same blueprint. Always shopping in the clearance department and offloading your best DB. No clue what to do at QB and no clue how to use the cap in your favor. 

Spending wisely and not wanting to spend are two different things. 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, The Green Dude said:

Those are massive contracts for those 2. Who's to say the Jets didn't match or offer more? Maybe these guys wanted nothing to do with this team and 5y80m on the best team in the league is a no brainer? I meeeeeannn, 2-14 and Sam or shot at the SB every year and Mahomes? Prob pass on 5y85-90 to sign with the Chiefs instead.  ?‍♂️ If we didn't play ball then JD needs full blame.

At some point, you have to establish yourself and do something. Overpaying sometimes, is OK. Thinking he is the baddest dude in the room and above overpaying despite the fact that he is not on level ground with the monster that is the Chiefs is on him too. 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, pointman said:

At some point, you have to establish yourself and do something. Overpaying sometimes, is OK. Thinking he is the baddest dude in the room and above overpaying despite the fact that he is not on level ground with the monster that is the Chiefs is on him too. 

OR...or....the player just chose not to come here? To one of the worst teams in the league.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BettyBoop said:

What a rebuild doesn’t look like is r one full offseason your takeaway is Mekhi Becton and ?????

We had exactly that. Becton, Mims, Mann, and Hall seem like good bets to stick around with Mims and Becton showing legitimate potential. Davis and Perine should be able to contribute some. Clark, Morgan, and have yet to be seen so you never know.

It wasn't the greatest knock out draft ever (which is something you can't even tell this early), but it's probably the best draft we've had in a decade. We already have 4-5 starters just after just 1 year.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet2020 said:

What? Feels like you have a boatload if cap but refuse to use it? That’s rebuild? Rookies aren’t building this team and JDs track record in draft is abysmal. 

JD is Idzik 2.0. How did that rebuild go? Almost the exact same blueprint. Always shopping in the clearance department and offloading your best DB. No clue what to do at QB and no clue how to use the cap in your favor. 

Spending wisely and not wanting to spend are two different things. 

Well, if spending wisely is what you want, that’s exactly what he’s doing. Plus, understand it takes two to tango. I’m glad he’s not overpaying for players . Do you actually think a new guard will take us to the Super Bowl this year?

heck, we don’t even have a QB.

21 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Stage I [Jets fail to spend $200 million in the first six hours of free agency; JN blows out its collective diaper]: COMPLETE

Stage II [Jets sign a bunch of second- and third-tier FAs; JN begins cautiously masturbating to the idea that these guys are “a better fit schematically” and “excellent value”]: PENDING

STAGE III [Jets go 4-12]: PENDING

I only masturbate cautiously. That thing’s an unpredictable firecracker! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

What a rebuild doesn’t look like is one full offseason and your takeaway is Mekhi Becton and ?????

Relax Betty, we’re only 5 hours into FA.

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

We had exactly that. Becton, Mims, Mann, and Hall seem like good bets to stick around with Mims and Becton showing legitimate potential. Davis and Perine should be able to contribute some. Clark, Morgan, and have yet to be seen so you never know.

It wasn't the greatest knock out draft ever (which is something you can't even tell this early), but it's probably the best draft we've had in a decade. We already have 4-5 starters just after just 1 year.

Agreed.  Mims was a steal.  It’s just a shame he had the injury.  I like Perine and I think Clark could be good down the road 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, pointman said:

Can't disagree there. Reading the reports we didn't even come close in years and APY. ?