2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

you know just because you have $$$ doesn’t mean that ppl will agree to come here over other situations in the league. We can’t force the signatures on these contracts. But the thing is, when you’re coming off of 2-14 you’re gonna have to overpay a lil to get some of the top guys to walk through the door. I’m not sure if JD understands this/willing to play ball with these agents .....it’s disheartening a lil bit 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

Thuney, Linsley, Yannick all guys we wanted and all going to AFC teams. Frustrating as hell. I just wanted 1. Only guy I really wanted that’s left is Juju. 

thuney pciked KC not much you can do about that

Lunsley way over paid

Yannick - um well I just dont think he is that good.

• Upvote 2

you know just because you have $$$ doesn’t mean that ppl will agree to come here over other situations in the league. We can’t force the signatures on these contracts. But the thing is, when you’re coming off of 2-14 you’re gonna have to overpay a lil to get some of the top guys to walk through the door. I’m not sure if JD understands this/willing to pay ball with these agents .....it’s disheartening a lil bit 

All this talk of joe having a “walk away price”. Teams that are 2-14 don’t get that luxury. You want to build a culture? You’re gonna have to pay for it. Or you wait. Joe has clearly decided to wait. His problem is he’s gonna be waiting a while.
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

All this talk of joe having a “walk away price”. Teams that are 2-14 don’t get that luxury.

Bingo! 

Mac his last year understood that and spent like a drunken sailor. The problem was it was at non building block positions. OL and EDGE are building block positions and you have to expect to be aggressive with your offers to land these top guys