Jump to content

2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:
  • DE Stephen Weatherly: Signed a one-year, $2.5 million contract with $500K in incentives. (Tom Pelissero)

just sayin .. we are not alone.

You’re my witness when I said I didn’t feel good about today 😔

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joe Thuney and Corey Linsley is *not* a one or the other proposition for the Jets. If Thuney were to accept the Jets offer, they would still be interested in Linsley 👀 

Stage I [Jets fail to spend $200 million in the first six hours of free agency; JN blows out its collective diaper]: COMPLETE Stage II [Jets sign a bunch of second- and third-tier FAs; JN begins

Posted Images

1 minute ago, RogerVick1980 said:

Trey Hendrickson did  nothing till a contract year I’d pass..

I know u can say maybe he just took awhile to develop but I’d be leery.

don't worry.. he'll pass on us

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

When is joe ACTUALLY going to pay a player?  He traded Adams (albeit for a nice return), seems to be dragging his feet signing Maye (which I don’t think is THAY great) and isn’t bringing back a ton of internal FAs.  So who is going to be on this roster?  A bunch of XFL level talent? Isn’t there some sort of cap floor that the team has to be above?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ghost said:

This is ridiculous. WTF IS JOE DOING?

Exactly what he told you he would do.  "We are building this through the draft".

The guy literally had a press conference to set your expectations on free agency and it went right over your head.  Unreal.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dunnie said:

they have a QB

Yes, that’s the new go to. Before the free agent period started, when the Jets were gonna make “waves” I’m sure everyone was saying “but every other team has a QB.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, heymangold said:

When is joe ACTUALLY going to pay a player?  He traded Adams (albeit for a nice return), seems to be dragging his feet signing Maye (which I don’t think is THAY great) and isn’t bringing back a ton of internal FAs.  So who is going to be on this roster?  A bunch of XFL level talent? Isn’t there some sort of cap floor that the team has to be above?

The blind fans won’t see it until we’re 4-12 next year 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Exactly what he told you he would do.  "We are building this through the draft".

The guy literally had a press conference to set your expectations on free agency and it went right over your head.  Unreal.

So he's going to spend the cap space on crappy players instead of good players?

Pretty sure teams still have to spend the money.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

When is joe ACTUALLY going to pay a player?  He traded Adams (albeit for a nice return), seems to be dragging his feet signing Maye (which I don’t think is THAY great) and isn’t bringing back a ton of internal FAs.  So who is going to be on this roster?  A bunch of XFL level talent? Isn’t there some sort of cap floor that the team has to be above?

Pay who? Thuney was never choosing jets of chiefs. Lindsey also chose a better team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Exactly what he told you he would do.  "We are building this through the draft".

The guy literally had a press conference to set your expectations on free agency and it went right over your head.  Unreal.

He also said he wanted Jamal to be a jet for life, so forgive us for not falling for the GM speak.  His draft also isn’t earth shattering.  

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand  were in a rebuild and overpaying everyone isn’t the move but there has to be a middle ground between spending likes maniacs  and penny pinching drawing a hard line in the sand with overpaying and staying in the bargain basement of FA two years in a row 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Exactly what he told you he would do.  "We are building this through the draft".

The guy literally had a press conference to set your expectations on free agency and it went right over your head.  Unreal.

Building through the draft doesn’t mean using free agency to sign 3rd tier FAs exclusively and hold on to cap space and never use it 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ghost420 said:

Pay who? Thuney was never choosing jets of chiefs. Lindsey also chose a better team.

Joe didn’t want to go 5 years for Thuney and valued Linsley at 10 aav. It’s always a damn excuse

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ghost420 said:

Pay who? Thuney was never choosing jets of chiefs. Lindsey also chose a better team.

How about literally anyone?  Tons of holes on this crappy roster and they bring in a middling linebacker, who coincidently falls in line with JDs love of first round busts.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yo, just looking at all the $$$ the Pats are spending... Jonnu Smith was TE 1A last year for Tenn. Judson can ball. The rest are jags, really. They’ve given out $90m+ in guaranteed $$$

I wishe we signed Thuney, but winning FA day is stupid.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're a top FA, and you're getting big dollar offers.  How much more does the offer have to be for you to choose the Jets.

Honestly, any of the biggest names would have to be a drastic overpay, because other teams will pay too, and the difference will then come down to what the player wants.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Yo, just looking at all the $$$ the Pats are spending... Jonnu Smith was TE 1A last year for Tenn. Judson can ball. The rest are jags, really. They’ve given out $90m+ in guaranteed $$$

I wishe we signed Thuney, but winning FA day is stupid.

Counterargument:  One of the worst teams in the NFL, with one of the thinnest rosters, with close to the most available cap space to spent......probably should have done something of note on FA Day.

We'll see, plenty of time for 2nd tier and also-ran signings I suppose.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yo, just looking at all the $$$ the Pats are spending... Jonnu Smith was TE 1A last year for Tenn. Judson can ball. The rest are jags, really. They’ve given out $90m+ in guaranteed $$$

I wishe we signed Thuney, but winning FA day is stupid.

Maybe it’s cause they don’t want to suck again. Funny, that team still whipped up on the Jets last year and it’s the worst they’ve been in almost 25 years.  And you can’t tell me people wouldn’t have been extremely excited if the Jets were the ones singing smith and judon. 
 

Jets are just too OK with losing.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RogerVick1980 said:

I understand  were in a rebuild and overpaying everyone isn’t the move but there has to be a middle ground between spending likes maniacs  and penny pinching drawing a hard line in the sand with overpaying and staying in the bargain basement of FA two years in a row 

I’m sure the Jets made some offers. Truth is the Jets have easily the worst roster in the league and unlike Jacksonville do not have an immediate fix at QB or a coach with the cache of Urban. This is not an appealing destination at all. Douglas needs to nail this upcoming draft with a QB and some guys who can score touchdowns s and sack the QB. When you get some foundational pieces on the roster and have some buzz then FA’s will look at the Jets. If Thuney wanted KC the Jets had no shot.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Warfish said:

Counterargument:  One of the worst teams in the NFL, with one of the thinnest rosters, with close to the most available cap space to spent......probably should have done something of note on FA Day.

We'll see, plenty of time for 2nd tier and also-ran signings I suppose.  
 

I’m not Jets shouldn’t do anything. I’m saying the Pats approach is stupid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe D - Coach Saleh, should I open the checkbook, overpay for big name free agents, jack up expectations for next year, finish with 7 wins and be stuck in mediocrity moving forward?

Coach Saleh - No.  Do not sign anyone, keep expectations low, lets finish 4-12 next year, pick at the top of every round again and actually get good, young players that will led to sustainable, long term success.

Joe D - ok

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...