2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I’m not Jets shouldn’t do anything. I’m saying the Pats approach is stupid.

We'll see, you could be right.  Guess it'll come down to who wins more games next year.

For once, I'd have liked to see a bit of a spending spree.  Woody J. saving money isn't buying me any entertainment.  /shrug.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I’m sure the Jets made some offers. Truth is the Jets have easily the worst roster in the league and unlike Jacksonville do not have an immediate fix at QB or a coach with the cache of Urban. This is not an appealing destination at all. Douglas needs to nail this upcoming draft with a QB and some guys who can score touchdowns s and sack the QB. When you get some foundational pieces on the roster and have some buzz then FA’s will look at the Jets. If Thuney wanted KC the Jets had no shot.

I agree but I also think if you offer the most money to players some will eventually bite..

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe D - Coach Saleh, should I open the checkbook, overpay for big name free agents, jack up expectations for next year, finish with 7 wins and be stuck in mediocrity moving forward?

Coach Saleh - No.  Do not sign anyone, keep expectations low, lets finish 4-12 next year, pick at the top of every round again and actually get good, young layers that will led to sustainable success.

Joe D - ok

Woody (after seeing ticket sales):  Bye bye.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

We'll see, you could be right.  Guess it'll come down to who wins more games next year.

For once, I'd have liked to see a bit of a spending spree.  Woody J. saving money isn't buying me any entertainment.  /shrug.

but would you be willing match these carazy contracts?

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe D - Coach Saleh, should I open the checkbook, overpay for big name free agents, jack up expectations for next year, finish with 7 wins and be stuck in mediocrity moving forward?

Coach Saleh - No.  Do not sign anyone, keep expectations low, lets finish 4-12 next year, pick at the top of every round again and actually get good, young players that will led to sustainable, long term success.

Joe D - ok

Lol if you think this is really the type of conversation they have 

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Coach Saleh - No.  Do not sign anyone, keep expectations low, lets finish 4-12 next year, pick at the top of every round again and actually get good, young players that will led to sustainable, long term success.

Joe D - ok

How about if we draft a Zach Wilson at 2 we actually give him some weapons and a oline through the draft and free agency this year instead of putting him around garbage like we did Darnold.

Rebuilding doesn’t mean don’t add anyone decent  at all through FA or the draft.

It means spend it wisely on younger players who can be part of the core here when we’re ready to be good again.

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

People might be getting too worked up over losing Linsley.  He had one All Pro season.  Was pretty up and down and inconsistent before that.  To make him the highest paid center would be too much.

Yeah it would be crazy to pay the best center in football the most money ?

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This FA period is not the sole determinant of who will win more games. The part that is stupid is the amount of money they are committing to marginal upgrades. 

Whatever though. I feel like Casseriio is going to gift them Deshaun and **** the whole league.

• Upvote 1

Although the Rams let Dante Fowler walk in free agency last year, they are not quite ready to lose another edge rusher. They remain in talks with Leonard Floyd, according to veteran NFL reporter Josina Anderson, who notes the discussions are going well (Twitter link).

14 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Douglas lied to Sam's parents

Meh, that's alright, Sam lied to us.

Turning the ball over is something you don't want to do as a quarterback. Sam Darnold
Read more at https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/sam-darnold-quotes

I think the number one job as a quarterback is protecting the football. Sam Darnold
Read more at https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/sam-darnold-quotes

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, RogerVick1980 said:

How about if we draft a Zach Wilson at 2 we actually give him some weapons and a oline through the draft and free agency this year instead of putting him around garbage like we did Darnold 

He will be surrounded by:

Wr- mims, crowder, whatever stud wr we take at 23

RB- harris or etienne(whomever we draft at top of round 2), perine

TE - herndon, ND tight end in rnd 3

Oline- Becton, 2nd rounder we draft with the pick we get from darnold, 3rd round pick

There you go.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

He will be surrounded by:

Wr- mims, crowder, whatever stud wr we take at 23

RB- harris or etienne(whomever we draft at top of round 2), perine

TE - herndon, ND tight end in rnd 3

Oline- Becton, 2nd rounder we draft with the pick we get from darnold, 3rd round pick

There you go.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

really? Linsley is not the top guy at his position, I certianally dont want to pay him like he is when I can draft a guy or get someone much cheaper.

Free agency doesn't work like that though.  The cap will go up the next years.  So in year 3 of Linsley's contract, he'll be very fairly paid.  Likely a bargain by the end of the contract.

And we only have so many draft picks that can legitimately bring in very good starters day one.

I mean I'm OK using the 23rd pick on a Center, and our 2nd round pick on a Guard.  Just hope JD is.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This FA period is not the sole determinant of who will win more games. The part that is stupid is the amount of money they are committing to marginal upgrades. 

Whatever though. I feel like Casseriio is going to gift them Deshaun and **** the whole league.

I think some of these guys (Thuney, fo rexample) would be alot more than a marginal upgrade for us.

You're not wrong old friend, but it's a little tiring being a total non-player in FA and then a non-player during the season.

Seems the Draft is all we get these days.

Gonna be a real hoot when we decide to stick with Sam, and draft Defense with our top 3 picks this draft, lol!

• WTF? 1