2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The first day of FA under the Douglas regime, we’ve landed George Fant and Jarrad Davis, despite being flush with cap space and utterly devoid of talent in both phases during those two years.

People still want to pretend like Douglas was Ozzie Newsome’s right hand man in Baltimore for 15 years. He wasn’t. It was Phil Savage and then Eric DeCosta.

I loved the Douglas hire when it was made, but the people who are still deluding themselves into thinking that this guy is going to be a smashing success simply because of the people that he has been around previously...well, more power to you.

It’s been 7 hours. Can we at least give the guy 24 hours?

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

People were that fired up over Thuney and Linsley?  GTFO.   Instead of signing two interior linemen we now HAVE to get a game changing WR, pass rusher and corner?   Sign me up for any of those over interior linemen. 

Said no QB ever.

• Upvote 2

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

It’s been 7 hours. Can we at least give the guy 24 hours?

Both of the top OL have been plucked in those 7 hours.

Numerous wideout’s and edgerusher’s have been plucked in those 7 hours.

I’m drinking and a bit over dramatic at this point, admittedly.

But there still aren’t a lot of excuses to be made here. The Jets OL is still largely sh*t and they weren’t willing to go that extra mile to fix it. With an upcoming season where you’re either going to be trying to turn Darnold’s career around or break in a new young QB.

If people want to see the same old sh*t unfold before their eyes for the foreseeable future while pretending that it’s going to lead to something else...awesome.

I’m not on board

Now, if Douglas lands a Kenny Golladay/Trey Hendrickson combo by tomorrow afternoon...then my tone is bound to change. Great, go tackle the OL early in the draft in 6 weeks.

But I’m done just taking everything on blind faith.

This regime has done precisely dick to earn that.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

Going to be a long wait for the WRs and I think the Pats kind of sensed that. Teams in the market for WRs viewed guys like Bourne and Agholor as fallbacks to Golladay and JuJu. Pats paid a premium to get them signed now but avoid getting left at the alter. 

You hearing anything about the Jets being interested in Haasan Reddick?

Barring any sort of drastic changes in FA approach, I have now shifted my thoughts on how the Jets should proceed.  If you aren't going to pay for premium interior linemen, just roll with Sam and trade out of 2 for the "haul"( even that isn't guaranteed).  Then you just draft best lineman, wr, and edge with said extra picks.  No need to draft Wilson and Darnold'd him, repeating the process all over again.  Get the QB with a team built up on drafted talent.