2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

Just now, football guy said:

Don’t buy this. Jets had a $10 apy figure, and most they would go is 3 years. They never made an offer because they knew it was pointless. 

As far as Thuney, reportedly the Jets offer was 4 years, $62 million.

So you always claim to know insider information. Your claim is now that you have someone tell you exact figures, the day free agency is going down? Your source seems lonely to be telling you this. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Both of the top OL have been plucked in those 7 hours.

Numerous wideout’s and edgerusher’s have been plucked in those 7 hours.

I’m drinking and a bit over dramatic at this point, admittedly.

But there still aren’t a lot of excuses to be made here. The Jets OL is still largely sh*t and they weren’t willing to go that extra mile to fix it. With an upcoming season where you’re either going to be trying to turn Darnold’s career around or break in a new young QB.

If people want to see the same old sh*t unfold before their eyes for the foreseeable future while pretending that it’s going to lead to something else...awesome.

I’m not on board

Now, if Douglas lands a Kenny Golladay/Trey Hendrickson combo by tomorrow afternoon...then my tone is bound to change. Great, go tackle the OL early in the draft in 6 weeks.

But I’m done just taking everything on blind faith.

This regime has done precisely dick to earn that.

Juju, Samuel, Golloday

lawson, Hendrickson 

should get 2 of those I’m ok

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Don’t buy this. Jets had a $10 apy figure, and most they would go is 3 years. They never made an offer because they knew it was pointless. 

As far as Thuney, reportedly the Jets offer was 4 years, $62 million.

Half a mill less per year, really?  Couldn’t pony up?

1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

When we had good teams in 2010 and 2015 they used FA.  Gotta put together a better roster.  All rookies and 2nd year players is going to be another disaster 

And those teams had no long term success which is exactly why we are not doing that again.  I cant believe how many people do not understand what we are doing here.  Its unbelievable.

Just now, heymangold said:

Half a mill less per year, really?  Couldn’t pony up?

Weren’t willing to give out as much guaranteed money, and whose to say Thuney would’ve even decided to come here? KC outbid everyone and we’re willing to essentially give him a 3-year, fully guaranteed deal. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Stage I [Jets fail to spend $200 million in the first six hours of free agency; JN blows out its collective diaper]: COMPLETE

Stage II [Jets sign a bunch of second- and third-tier FAs; JN begins cautiously masturbating to the idea that these guys are “a better fit schematically” and “excellent value”]: PENDING

STAGE III [Jets go 4-12]: PENDING

Who the **** are you calling a cautious masturbator pal

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, football guy said:

Weren’t willing to give out as much guaranteed money, and whose to say Thuney would’ve even decided to come here? KC outbid everyone and we’re willing to essentially give him a 3-year, fully guaranteed deal. 

I don’t want to hear the excuse of being outbid anymore.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Both of the top OL have been plucked in those 7 hours.

Numerous wideout’s and edgerusher’s have been plucked in those 7 hours.

I’m drinking and a bit over dramatic at this point, admittedly.

But there still aren’t a lot of excuses to be made here. The Jets OL is still largely sh*t and they weren’t willing to go that extra mile to fix it. With an upcoming season where you’re either going to be trying to turn Darnold’s career around or break in a new young QB.

If people want to see the same old sh*t unfold before their eyes for the foreseeable future while pretending that it’s going to lead to something else...awesome.

I’m not on board

Now, if Douglas lands a Kenny Golladay/Trey Hendrickson combo by tomorrow afternoon...then my tone is bound to change. Great, go tackle the OL early in the draft in 6 weeks.

But I’m done just taking everything on blind faith.

This regime has done precisely dick to earn that.

Post of the last decade thank you !!! for saying what a lot of Jet fans should be saying the owners and the Org deserves no faith or  a tempered approach they are ridiculous at this point  

• Post of the Week 1

I’m kinda forn that I’m happy we just didn’t throw money out to throw money out there but at the same time we HAVE to spend. It’s not a cry to do so, but an actual fact. I don’t like the fact we were sold on the narrative of “we saw this coming in 2020, and we are ready for 2021 where we are positioned with the flexibility to get who we want”

there is no way that we had zero interest in all of the big players who went today. Not saying we needed all of them by any means but we had the ability to get even one of the top available players at an area where we needed the help.  Instead we watch as The Pats are pushing their chips in, Buffalo building on their solid foundation, and Miami is still up in the air, but they have draft ammo to do something stupid  

it’s hard not feeling like we don’t know how, or don’t desire to get out of the basement  so now what? Tomorrow cows and goes, some of the big WR dominos fall, and we are left to overpay players who shouldn’t be overpaid  

it just...it takes the wind out of the sails of the hope we were feeling since Saleh got hired  

and it kinda sucks ...Again  

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

“Who’s to say Thuney would’ve even decided to come here” is an awful strategy in free agency

2 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I’m kinda forn that I’m happy we just didn’t throw money out to throw money out there but at the same time we HAVE to spend. It’s not a cry to do so, but an actual fact. I don’t like the fact we were sold on the narrative of “we saw this coming in 2020, and we are ready for 2021 where we are positioned with the flexibility to get who we want”

there is no way that we had zero interest in all of the big players who went today. Not saying we needed all of them by any means but we had the ability to get even one of the top available players at an area where we needed the help.  Instead we watch as The Pats are pushing their chips in, Buffalo building on their solid foundation, and Miami is still up in the air, but they have draft ammo to do something stupid  

it’s hard not feeling like we don’t know how, or don’t desire to get out of the basement  so now what? Tomorrow cows and goes, some of the big WR dominos fall, and we are left to overpay players who shouldn’t be overpaid  

it just...it takes the wind out of the sails of the hope we were feeling since Saleh got hired  

and it kinda sucks ...Again  

It does suck but it is what it is. 2021 would have been different if our QB and head coach were long term solutions. Obviously they weren’t so it’s time to re-set the clock...again.

We are taking the long, uncertain road back to respectability.

We're going to roll with Sam, trade out of #2 and have a buttload of picks. 2 firsts this year, 3 firsts next year.

Expect, if we're lucky, 60% of those pics to hit, and we'll be looking at competing for the playoffs in 2024.

It's a great time to be a Jets fan.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

It does suck but it is what it is. 2021 would have been different if our QB and head coach were long term solutions. Obviously they weren’t so it’s time to re-set the clock...again.

And then endless ******* cycle keeps churning. 

maybe this shows Douglas needs to make the move if they were turned down assuming the money was equal in some proposals.