2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

2 minutes ago, Edgy said:

Sign Fitz.  Magic.  Do it.   Give in to your feelings.........  

I miss all the new signups when we had Tebow. If we are going to bring back terrible QB play, then bring it back fully. Sam and Tebow together would be magic. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

Hendrickson headed to the Bengals. And with that, the rest of the Jets free agency will likely be bargain hunting and mid-tier shopping while also scouring the trade market. I don’t know what to believe with Barnett but I know the Jets have interest if he were to come available. 

They’re going to sign a bunch of players and aren’t close to being done adding DL and LBs. I expect CBs K’Waun Williams and Rasul Douglas, a speedy veteran WR, a RB, among other depth additions in the coming days.

Holding out hope for Curtis Samuel but not holding my breath 

No interest in a TE like Henry or Everett?

Please don’t tell me that even with a new regime, that places a big emphasis on TE, that we’re relying on a completely unreliable dickhole like Herndon again...

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Please don’t tell me that even with a new regime, that places a big emphasis on TE, that we’re relying on a completely unreliable dickhole like Herndon again...

Not sure if you saw my post earlier, but I have heard about some interest in both of those names.  I tried to see if @football guyheard similar on his end.

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Ryan Griffin also under contract. 

Jets sign TE Ryan Griffin to three-year contract extension

usatsi_13579193.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
November 24, 2019 7:10 am

Ryan Griffin is officially part of the Jets’ plans for the future.

New York has inked the tight end a three-year extension that can earn him up to $10.8 million with “reachable incentives,” according to NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo. The deal also reportedly includes $4 million in guaranteed money.

Lawson, our new "dominant pass rusher" was 56th in the NFL in Sacks and 150th in Tackles for Loss in 2020.

For reference, Leo Williams, or bust, was 7th in sacks and 6th in Tackles for Loss this year.

Guess I'll believe it when I see it, seems like we signed the same level performance we were so eager to dump in previous Jets edge players.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 4

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Lawson, our new "dominant pass rusher" was 56th in the NFL in Sacks and 150th in Tackles for Loss in 2020.

For reference, Leo Williams, or bust, was 7th in sacks and 6th in Tackles for Loss this year.

Guess I'll believe it when I see it, seems like we signed the same level performance we were so eager to dump in previous Jets edge players.

I'm not in love with it. I guess its the idea of what he can be, being so young and having the get off that he does. Fingers crossed. He's no Maybin, thats for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not a fan of today's moves

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

100% fair post.

We need to see what this looks like on the field.

Complete speculation on my part, wonder if the Jets kick the tires on Tanoh Kpassagnon as a tier two type free agent with Hendrickson off the board.

Believe Arik Armstead was the starter opposite Bosa and is big (6’7, 290), long, and athletic. Kpassagnon profiles similarly physically at 6’7, 289 and had a great combine.

Little raw coming out of an FCS program and not big box score numbers but started 15 games for the Chiefs last year, 8 the year before. Not sure if they want more pass rush from the position but he’d be a physically talented guy who’s played significant snaps for a successful team and I think is continuing to develop.

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

100% fair post.

We need to see what this looks like on the field.

Yup.

You can only buy from what the market has on sale, but I'm not really very impressed.

-A bust (so far) LB

-A "stud" pass rushing edge who gets ~5 sacks/year.

-A #2 WR to join our three other #2 WR's.

Don't get me wrong, the WR is a plus I suppose IF we get a legit #1 to play ahead of him, Mims and Crowder.  

And I suppose any edge is better than no edge, even if it's a downgrade from the Williams everyone wanted out of here ASAP.

But yeah, I'll need to see it producing on the field to get excited, so far, meh moves all around.

P.S. you know the intolerant Homers are out in force when they can't even suffer a 100% factual stat post, lol.  Keep um' coming kids, I got plenty of rep for you to work your way through, lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Well, if spending wisely is what you want, that’s exactly what he’s doing. Plus, understand it takes two to tango. I’m glad he’s not overpaying for players . Do you actually think a new guard will take us to the Super Bowl this year?

heck, we don’t even have a QB.

I agree a new guard isn’t taking us to a SB. Is Jarred LewisTaking us to the SB then? A team so void of talent, and JD has a lot to do with that, you need a few to tier players to Falange the team from crap to average. 

And the fact we don’t have a reliable QB also falls on JD. We haven’t had a QB since Pennington tore his rotator cuff in the early 2000s. There were 6 or 7 solid QB movements including two soon to be traded pro bowlers. JD decided he wanted nothing to do with that. He did t want to let go of Darnold and he also didn’t want to give up the opportunity to draft QB2 this year. To me, that spells ‘clueless’. I’m not giving JD any breaks. It’s year 3 and the team has gotten progressively worse under him. That is quite the opposite of a rebuild, unfortunately. 

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

For reference, prior to his breakout, Leo was always towards the top of the league in pressures (much like Lawson). You pay for projected future performance, not past performance (though past performance is always a tool for projecting future performance). Lawson's pressure stats - which are a better measure of pass-rush success than sacks (a pressure that leads to a throw-away or bad decision, or a QB hit that alters a pass's trajectory, are both successful pass-rushes but not sacks) - have consistently been at the top of the league. Same for his explosion off the snap. That's worth paying for. If it converts to sacks, great. Even if it doesn't, it's worth the money.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Minor re-signing.  Maybe he will actually get a chance to carry the ball a bit this season.

I said it a few weeks ago but with Adams speed I think he could be sneaky good in this offense. Not great but good. 

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Lawson also led the league in QB Knockdowns.  That is not a typo.  He led the NFL.  There's a split second between a knockdown and a sack.  Paired with Quinnen, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

For reference, prior to his breakout, Leo was always towards the top of the league in pressures (much like Lawson). You pay for projected future performance, not past performance (though past performance is always a tool for projecting future performance).

Great, as soon as I see the performance, I'll be happy and applaud the pick.  Till then, it's the same old story "this guy is elite, just not on the statsheet".  And no, "pressures" are not better than sacks and tackles for loss.  You pay edges for game changing plays.  Not for slighting rushing 60 yard completions, lol.  (Reminder that "pressures" and "knockdowns" don;t mean they're not successful plays by the QB, only that the play was rushed or the QB hit.).

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Not sure if you saw my post earlier, but I have heard about some interest in both of those names.  I tried to see if @football guyheard similar on his end.

I haven't heard specifics other than the Jets affinity for Kyle Pitts/desire to add more talent to the poistion. If they were to sign one, I would think Everett on a 1-year deal

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

He was out the previous year, too. People forget how good Mosley can be. He’s not Trumaine “Dickhead” Johnson. Mosley is actually a great player. 

He gets a lot of hate here and rightfully so honestly. But think about how we were dominating the Bills before he went down.

You are correct. Nonetheless, he is coming back from a year off, a year after having a groin injury. In my mind, that does not qualify as a comeback. JMO...

7 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Turned to be a nice day for the Jets.  

IF they had landed one of the top two interior OLinemen I'd agree with this.  In fact, I'd call it a hugely successful day.  Lawson is nice, Davis is a solid signing.... but not addressing the OLine with all the money the Jets have really hurts and keeps that need on the board in the Draft IMO.  I was really hoping the Jets would only be looking at RT in the Draft to find a younger upgrade for Fant.  But juggling OGs like Lewis, GVR, Andrews and Clark for another season just seems like a letdown.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Stark said:

I said it a few weeks ago but with Adams speed I think he could be sneaky good in this offense. Not great but good. 

With a pair of good to very good run blocking WR, an upgraded (I think? Eventually?) OL l...yeah he could be a useful hand. The Shanny offense relies on a stable of backs anyway, but he could be in that mix. I’d like to draft a back in the 4th or 5th to add to it, but we have a good start here. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

IF they had landed one of the top two interior OLinemen I'd agree with this.  In fact, I'd call it a hugely successful day.  Lawson is nice, Davis is a solid signing.... but not addressing the OLine with all the money the Jets have really hurts and keeps that need on the board in the Draft IMO.  I was really hoping the Jets would only be looking at RT in the Draft to find a younger upgrade for Fant.  But juggling OGs like Lewis, GVR, Andrews and Clark for another season just seems like a letdown.

Yeah. It does hurt. Lawson helps big time though. Allowing JD to focus on OL in the draft at 23 and or in the second/Third is huge. Still quite a few prospects that can help. Just need to do the work in the draft. 

• Upvote 1