2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

31 minutes ago, football guy said:

Hendrickson headed to the Bengals. And with that, the rest of the Jets free agency will likely be bargain hunting and mid-tier shopping while also scouring the trade market. I don’t know what to believe with Barnett but I know the Jets have interest if he were to come available. 

They’re going to sign a bunch of players and aren’t close to being done adding DL and LBs. I expect CBs K’Waun Williams and Rasul Douglas, a speedy veteran WR, a RB, among other depth additions in the coming days.

Holding out hope for Curtis Samuel but not holding my breath 

Samuel or juju

21 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Not sure if you saw my post earlier, but I have heard about some interest in both of those names.  I tried to see if @football guyheard similar on his end.

not a big fan of Corey Davis. I got to see enough of him. I think he’s basically Mims and I think Mims could be better. But I can live with it. I think we still need a Juju or Samuel to go along with it. 

id lean Everett over Henry at TE. But honestly Would rather get another WR especially if we are moving on from Crowder. 

2 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

It does scream tank, doesn’t it?

Trade us Watson. They can draft Wilson and sit him for the entire year and tank. They’ll have the #1 pick in the draft next year and Wilson will have one year under his belt. 

They’re stupid not to trade him to us. 

3 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

I agree a new guard isn’t taking us to a SB. Is Jarred LewisTaking us to the SB then? A team so void of talent, and JD has a lot to do with that, you need a few to tier players to Falange the team from crap to average. 

And the fact we don’t have a reliable QB also falls on JD. We haven’t had a QB since Pennington tore his rotator cuff in the early 2000s. There were 6 or 7 solid QB movements including two soon to be traded pro bowlers. JD decided he wanted nothing to do with that. He did t want to let go of Darnold and he also didn’t want to give up the opportunity to draft QB2 this year. To me, that spells ‘clueless’. I’m not giving JD any breaks. It’s year 3 and the team has gotten progressively worse under him. That is quite the opposite of a rebuild, unfortunately. 

JD deserves no breaks, that I agree. He had to give Sam his chance to either make it, or break it. Sam failed which unfortunately means a re-set at QB. I don’t think he took the job hoping that both Sam and Gase would have failed so miserably. But they did. You might argue that he could built a better roster but this team is so thin at so many positions, where do you start? That’s the reality. We can stay here all night revisiting the moves of past GM’s but it getting late. 
The silver lining out of this fiasco ( the Gase years) this is that for once in a very very long time, we have a GM who has no influence from both the coach and believe it or not, the brothers-Johnson telling him who to sign and for how much. This is ground breaking stuff for the NYJ. 

His timeline is the next 3 years and from the looks of it, he’s not going to pay 30 year old FA big fat paydays to come to New York and coast to retirement. He’s put together one of the most well respected staffs and most “experts” from around believe that he destined to be a good GM.

cheer up, you could be a bengals fan.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Yeah. It does hurt. Lawson helps big time though. Allowing JD to focus on OL in the draft at 23 and or in the second/Third is huge. Still quite a few prospects that can help. Just need to do the work in the draft. 

Here's my problem with JD using the #23 or 34 on OLine..... that's where I expected us to hit WR and CB.  The top two rounds of this Draft have some pretty solid WR and CB prospects, guys who could very realistically jump into starting spots immediately.  I was hoping we'd have landed someone like Thuney and could then just be opportunistic instead of needy for OLine in the Draft.

Look up the PFF ratings for our IOL.... they're all mediocre at best, most were below average.  Putting Thuney between Becton and McGovern would have made a HUGE difference for whoever is QB'ing this team and our rushing attack.

I'm just a bit frustrated... but I'll get over it. lol

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

IF they had landed one of the top two interior OLinemen I'd agree with this.  In fact, I'd call it a hugely successful day.  Lawson is nice, Davis is a solid signing.... but not addressing the OLine with all the money the Jets have really hurts and keeps that need on the board in the Draft IMO.  I was really hoping the Jets would only be looking at RT in the Draft to find a younger upgrade for Fant.  But juggling OGs like Lewis, GVR, Andrews and Clark for another season just seems like a letdown.

They can easily do it at the draft which I think is better than any of building the OL 

21 minutes ago, football guy said:

I haven't heard specifics other than the Jets affinity for Kyle Pitts/desire to add more talent to the poistion. If they were to sign one, I would think Everett on a 1-year deal

You think with the lack of O Line help they are more or less likely to trade back and get a Pitts type with other extra draft picks?

would think jets will still sign at least one guard, correct?

Wonder if any interest in signing Clowney on one yr deal?

I would bet jets sign at least one of the SF DBs Sherman or K. Williams. 

Would really like Kerry Hyder also, Was a Jet briefly also, thought he had potential back then. 

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

There's almost no way the Jets trade for Watson now.  With every passing minute of FA it's becoming more and more apparent the Jets will need Draft picks to upgrade their roster.

I think the possibility is still there actually.

Based on today's moves and available cap space...  Jets may enter the draft with only two glaring needs.  A Center and Guard.  Which can be grabbed with our 2nd pick and the 2nd we'd get for trading Sam.

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

There's almost no way the Jets trade for Watson now.  With every passing minute of FA it's becoming more and more apparent the Jets will need Draft picks to upgrade their roster.

You still take Watson and figure out the holes later.

He’s 25 it’s not like they have to have a title team around by him next year or it’s over.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RogerVick1980 said:

Gentleman is so inept.. You have a Qb on a rookie contract and you’re somehow hamstrung by the cap 

They have to resign Barkley who is the top rb in the nfl. They will not spend a lot. They also don't have a lot of needs, they need Jones to stay healthy and stop turning the ball over. They also need Barkley to not get hurt. They have a good oline, Shepard,Engram, and Barkley. 

7 minutes ago, chirorob said:

You think with the lack of O Line help they are more or less likely to trade back and get a Pitts type with other extra draft picks?

That 23 range will be rich for OL. I would think regardless whether the Jets trade down or stay put that will be a spot they'll strongly consider an OL

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

hmu when Mims goes for 950 + yards

It only took the 5th overall pick how many years to have a #2 wr season? I watch more Titans games than I care because they are in market Corey Davis is a dude that isn’t the main guy  I think that Mims is same player. 

and he never played in an Adam Gase offense. 

fact is he’s a jet so I’m going to hope he proves me wrong and doesn’t revert to his normal 5-600 yard 3 TD season. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nearly every word in this post is wrong. Impressive, really.

Giants went 6 and 10 without Barkley ???

I think they will be just fine.  Their roster top to bottom is a top 3 nfl roster . The fact is you don't know how to evaluate talent.

Leonard Williams / James Bradberry are all pro. Logan Ryan is still a good slot corner.  They get back the best running back outside Henry in Barkley. Soldier moves to rt and he was out for the year... and they got a franchise player at lt in Thomas. 

It comes down to Jones taking the next step. But they are clearly when healthy with Barkley a contender in the nfc. 

Again 6 and 10 without Barkley who is the best player on the team. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I think the possibility is still there actually.

Based on today's moves and available cap space...  Jets may enter the draft with only two glaring needs.  A Center and Guard.  Which can be grabbed with our 2nd pick and the 2nd we'd get for trading Sam.

Jets still need a CB, possibly a Safety, an OLB.  Who is the starting RB for this team?  I mean we could roll with what we had last year at several positions but the same could be said for rolling with Lewis and GVR again at Guard.  Let's remember that this is a defense in transition as well, moving to a 4-3 so it needs down DEs (and not just Lawson).  We've been juggling guys like Bryce Hall, Bless Austin, Lamar Jackson and Maulet around at CB.  I feel like they really should try to draft a CB1 this year at #23 or 34.

Does Jordan Jenkins come back?  How about Brian Poole?

Right now the glaring needs are several for this 2 win team.

2 minutes ago, cookiemonsta911 said:

Giants went 6 and 10 without Barkley ???

I think they will be just fine.  Their roster top to bottom is a top 3 nfl roster . The fact is you don't know how to evaluate talent.

Leonard Williams / James Bradberry are all pro. Logan Ryan is still a good slot corner.  They get back the best running back outside Henry in Barkley. Soldier moves to rt and he was out for the year... and they got a franchise player at lt in Thomas. 

It comes down to Jones taking the next step. But they are clearly when healthy with Barkley a contender in the nfc. 

Again 6 and 10 without Barkley who is the best player on the team. 

A CONTENDER AS IN SUPER BOWL? YOU DK STAND UP?