2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

1 minute ago, football guy said:

I don't get the sense that Douglas necessarily wants to move on from Jamison. I think that he sees him as an adequate short-term fit who is capable of being the versatile YAC guy the coaches want (line up in the slot, outside, in the backfield and manufacture touches), but I get the sense that some of the coaches want more. If they can get an upgrade without making a significant investment, then I think Douglas will knowing that Crowder is very tradeable, but I fear Douglas is overvaluing Crowder a little too much. I like Crowder as much as anyone, but with Samuel's agents wanting to place Samuel here it's going to leave a bitter taste in my mouth if we were to pass him up. 

Good post. Let me run something by you and @Mogglez. May be a bit too far" outside of the box" thinking. Was listening to Serius Radio yesterday morning and they were discussing how the Bears are preparing an "offer they can't refuse" to Seattle to get Russell Wilson. They said it would start at Chicago 1st and 2nd picks for the next two years, plus have to include players. With the story circulating that the Jets may be getting calls on Mosley,  would Sam, Mosley and one of our two 3rd's this year to Chicago for Robinson make any sense? Would give the Bears ammo to add to the deal, escpecially the QB that Carroll supposedly likes. Maybe Mosley would not go to Seattle, but would be a replacement if Roquan Smith did. This could probably only happen if Seattle and Chicago got really close. Is this too nuts to ask your guys about?

How crazy would it be to still add a number one wr like Golladay or Allen Robinson via trade, that would put us in way better position draftwise. Could focus on OL, CB, EDGE or if the coaching staff really wants a slot playmaker like Rondale Moore. We would have a offense for the first time since Fitzpatrick, Decker and Marshall.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lolz

theyre definitely going to draft Mac Jones, and just make it easy for him to throw to the  all day... ala Brady

but, imagine all your cap being tied up in 2 TEs and role players that caged in, and saying BB is genius with a straight face

this is 100% about Brady rubbing his duck in BBs face

More good drafting. They took 2 Te's in the first few rds last year.

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

What are the Jets planning today? JuJu or Samuel?

hopefully 

2 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

How crazy would it be to still add a number one wr like Golladay or Allen Robinson via trade, that would put us in way better position draftwise. Could focus on OL, CB, EDGE or if the coaching staff really wants a slot playmaker like Rondale Moore. We would have a offense for the first time since Fitzpatrick, Decker and Marshall.

Would be amazing... 

Nice job by JD.  I've been tough on him for his first draft but I can't fault him in FA moves - it's a tough road for him.

Free agents don't want to come here unless their wife gets a job in NYC like Decker.  We were a preferred destination during early Rex.  I'm hoping were on our way to change back to that.

22 minutes ago, Stark said:

Lazy comparison?  they are the same guy... size, measurables and mims slightly faster. Its not irrelevant at all. After 1 season of NFL Football they are/were the same guy. Davis greatly underperformed relative to his draft position. had a solid year this past year and other than that has been relatively unimpressive. Mims hurt most of the year and played in Adam Gases BS offense, relatively unimpressive. I'd expect Mims to be improved with what appears to be an actual coaching staff. No, Its not a bad thing to actually have #2 type WRs when you are coming from none.  

don't even know why you are trying to insinuate that I said JETS have not been hurting for real NFL WR's. I have been preaching that for years. 

Nah, super lazy comparison because you are trying to sell me on size & measurables being what makes these two players the same when there’s been many many players in NFL history and today’s league with around the same size and speed with far different statistics. Mims is a pup. We don’t even know what Mims is yet. Can he score a touchdown in the NFL before you shrug off Davis because of similarities in “size & measurement”. Secondly, with a closer look at the numbers crunched, you can see that Davis has improved every season despite the few unimpressive years you recall. His catch % has gone up every season, he’s become polished as a route runner and regularly gains separation. I’m not here to tell you that Corey Davis is a star but he’s impressively solid. Mims is not. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a fan of Mims, but he has to learn how to get off corner jams at the LOS and overall improve his release before we can even think about him being as consistent as an NFL starting WR. 

all I’m saying is it’s a terrible comparison.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

How on earth can they afford all this?

They cleared about $70M in cap space over the past few weeks.  I don't know what they are down to now, but they have to be getting close the the limit.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Someone tell me the Jets' trick for using the #23 pick to get a CB, TE, WR, and OG.  How do they do that with one pick?

Pick all four in succession. They’ll have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds if they move Sam. 

1 hour ago, derp said:

Houston is stubborn and doesn’t trade Watson before the draft.

Carolina, still desperate for their QB and willing to be aggressive, gives Douglas an offer for 2 that’s more “trade up from 8 for a QB at 2” than “trade up from 8 to 2”. We’ve been seeing the 8, 39, 2022 first round pick offers. Those have no QB premium attached.

Joe Douglas, always seeking value, accepts.

Houston realizes post draft the Watson situation is untenable.

The Jets have three 2022 first round picks.

I think Houston trading Watson before the draft was always a pipe dream. It makes no sense for them. If they are going to trade him it is going to be for pick number 2 or 3 when they know for sure which QB's are left on the board for them. I know everyone is still assuming Trevor Lawrence goes number 1 but it makes no sense for Houston to take a needless gamble. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Nah, super lazy comparison because you are trying to sell me on size & measurables being what makes these two players the same when there’s been many many players in NFL history and today’s league with around the same size and speed with far different statistics. Mims is a pup. We don’t even know what Mims is yet. Can he score a touchdown in the NFL before you shrug off Davis because of similarities in “size & measurement”. Secondly, with a closer look at the numbers crunched, you can see that Davis has improved every season despite the few unimpressive years you recall. His catch % has gone up every season, he’s become polished as a route runner and regularly gains separation. I’m not here to tell you that Corey Davis is a star but he’s impressively solid. Mims is not. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a fan of Mims, but he has to learn how to get off corner jams at the LOS and overall improve his release because we can even think about him being as consistent as an NFL starting WR. 

all I’m saying is it’s a terrible comparison.

he was solid... last year. has been mostly unimpressive until then. and even then last season not impressive.  

Sure Mims hasn't proven anything yet and may not. But they are basically the same guy. Lets not take into account the systems or players around them. 

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

still think he winds up in pittsburgh for a 3rd this year and a conditional next year.

I very highly doubt it tbqh.  I think he's the WFT guy this year.

DERP!  You mean Darnold, lol.  Eh.....maybe?  I could see them looking at Mac Jones late (I see ALOT of teams thinking Mac Jones if he falls at all, to be fair).

Maybe, they certainly need a post-Big Ben Plan.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

If Washington likes Darnold more than the remaining QB’s after Trevor, Wilson & Fields (maybe even Lance will be gone) then we’re fine.

I don't think they're even thinking any of the top 5 guys.

I think they may (stress may) draft Trask in like, the 3rd or 4th, but that's about it.  They lack the firepower to do much more this year without screwing themselves.

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

That's ok. I don't want the QB of the Jets future playing behind this offensive line. Let Darnold duck and cover back there for one more season until we get it right.

While I'm as guilty as anyone of rush to judgement, lets see what they draft before we presume our O-line with be the usual sieve.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Fuller is a #1 ... so much disrespect for that guy

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, Stark said:

he was solid... last year. has been mostly unimpressive until then. and even then last season not impressive.  

....lol what ^

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Sure Mims hasn't proven anything yet and may not. But they are basically the same guy.

Doesn’t that make them not the same guy because Davis has actually proved something? That’s my entire point.

6 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I think Houston trading Watson before the draft was always a pipe dream. It makes no sense for them. If they are going to trade him it is going to be for pick number 2 or 3 when they know for sure which QB's are left on the board for them. I know everyone is still assuming Trevor Lawrence goes number 1 but it makes no sense for Houston to take a needless gamble. 

That assumes Houston would be upset with Lawrence at 2.

If Watson won’t play there any more, which seems likely, it’s better to trade him pre-draft for a known pick and start a rebuild a year earlier than either trade him for question marks in August or get dragged through the mud all season as he sits out and they’re terrible and do the same thing a year later with a likely worse QB class.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

....lol what ^

Doesn’t that make them not the same guy because Davis has actually proved something? That’s my entire point.

solid ≠ impressive

Davis has 3 years of being a huge ? mark that Titans fans wanted to trade away for a loaf of bread. 1 solid season when teams are playing exclusively to stop Derrick Henry.