2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

1 minute ago, Butterfield said:

Linsley and thuney I would have paid more than they were given.  Kevin Zietler, Curtis Samuel, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett (still available) Kendrick Bourne, Trey Hendrickson, Kyle Juszczyk (signed prior), Jayon Brown, Jason Verett would have been some of the bigger names I would have targeted.  Although, I am not usually a proponent of spending big in free agency.  I just want a few quality signings.  The guys they signed were not of any interest to me.  

So Overpay extremely for a guard and Center... but don't spend big? terrible reasoning

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Give us your reasons at least.  Because the vast majority are happy with both.  So at least give a good argument why you’re right and we’re all wrong 

I have a life outside of this message board.  I don’t really have time to go into details, other than to say I watched them play and never came away impressed.  

Just now, Skeptable said:

So Overpay extremely for a guard and Center... but don't spend big? terrible reasoning

I would only spend big money on elite elite elite players.  Linsley and Thuney could be the best players at their position.  Real difference makers.  Other than those types, I would target bargains and build through the draft.  

2 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

This has to be Belichick's last year. This is a terrible allocation of resources.

Had to pay big $ for TEs because the two 3rd rounders he drafted last year were utter trash, and on top of that they are trying to dump their #1 pick from two years ago, another bust WR.

Of course the national media will be fellating Bill over his bold moves.

Pats are doing nothing with Cam Newton at QB.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I have a life outside of this message board.  I don’t really have time to go into details, other than to say I watched them play and never came away impressed.  

So basically you admit you have no legit reasons or evidence. I knew that already but I appreciate your confirmation ? 

For the folks complaining that we didn't even sniff around Linsley, consider that our new OC Lafleur was around him in GB, and saw him up close over time. Perhaps he had some input as to whether Linsley was a guy worth burning a lot of money on, and the conclusion reached was that he was not.

EDIT - OK I had a brain cramp - it's his brother the HC who got to look at Linsley up close, and one would think he would let his brother in a new job know if he was worth a FA contract. Certainly, GB did not keep him around, which also says something, but cap issues could have played into that. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

24 minutes ago, BoogSportsGuy said:

I’m pretty happy you’re not running our front office then. I’m not saying “oh yeah we got a WR1 and a 15 sack a year pass rusher”, but to say you wouldn’t have targeted them shows you either lack knowledge outside of what Madden ratings tell you or you’re here to just troll.

Or maybe we just disagree?  Madden?  I haven’t played that in 10 years.  

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Had to pay big $ for TEs because the two 3rd rounders he drafted last year were utter trash, and on top of that they are trying to dump their #1 pick from two years ago, another bust WR.

Of course the national media will be fellating Bill over his bold moves.

Pats are doing nothing with Cam Newton at QB.

Yeah, and after gifting Cam $14 million, I don't see them acquiring another QB to start over him.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

What an utter stupid post.  Pulling out the 'madden, you are a troll you no nothing' bit because a guy does not like these players.

Posts likes this make people look like lap dogs, the type that love every single move a team makes.

I like both moves for the Jets but to blast people who disagree in the manner you did makes you look like the dumb one.

I tend to disagree - without butterfield  providing insights (which I can see right above he now has) it’s fair to make assumptions on what someone considers important based off lack of insight. You don’t provide the color and your thoughts could be considered limitless. All you’re doing is looking for an internet fight now. 

If he had provided us with insights like “Davis is overpaid because he’s only been productive for one year” or “Lawson’s lack of sacks or injury history worry me” I would have reacted much different - but to just give off a too cool for school bravado of “this reminds me of McGovern and Fant” with no context is not why I like this board. Discourse is healthy, factual disagreement is good, blindly disagreeing for sake of blindly disagreeing ruins both of those standards.

7 minutes ago, RogerVick1980 said:

New England getting a lot better annoys the hell out of me lol 

If it makes you feel any better, over on the Pats forum they're enjoying this, but do realize they're overpaying.  Some have been honest saying JD has signed the better players for better value too.

Just now, Bungaman said:

For the folks complaining that we didn't even sniff around Linsley, consider that our new OC Lafleur was around him in GB, and saw him up close over time. Perhaps he had some input as to whether Linsley was a guy worth burning a lot of money on, and the conclusion reached was that he was not.

Nah, this Lafleur was not in GB.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mike135 said:

If it makes you feel any better, over on the Pats forum they're enjoying this, but do realize they're overpaying.  Some have been honest saying JD has signed the better players for better value too.

We’ll see.

If they somehow get a real Qb then I’ll be extremely worried 

5 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Linsley and thuney I would have paid more than they were given.  Kevin Zietler, Curtis Samuel, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett (still available) Kendrick Bourne, Trey Hendrickson, Kyle Juszczyk (signed prior), Jayon Brown, Jason Verett would have been some of the bigger names I would have targeted.  Although, I am not usually a proponent of spending big in free agency.  I just want a few quality signings.  The guys they signed were not of any interest to me.  

I have no idea how you could prefer Bourne over Davis.

Bourne’s biggest season:

2020: 15 games, 49 catches, 667 yards, 2 TD’s

Davis’ biggest season:

2020: 14 games, 65 catches, 984 yards, 5 TD’s

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Aaron Rodgers was the qb.  A 2019 Ryan Kalil would look competent with Aaron Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Its called a difference of opinion.  Get over it.  I have a thing called a job.  I can’t type for hours on here.  

I mean we all have jobs pretty much do not sure what you’re getting at.  I’m perfectly fine with a different opinion but why not just give your reason. I would respect it 

4 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

That's fine, we're all entitled to our opinions. That's why this great place exists. The bigger point, I think, is that Saleh and JD have a specific type of player that they want/need to play the type of system they envision implementing here to make us successful. Saleh built a very good defense at SF, and if he feels Lawson is a piece that he needs, I trust him. John Wooden once said."give me a player that makes a team great rather than than a great player." Not insinuating at all that our signings are great, but you get my drift. Horses for courses.

14 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

So you would have signed a WR who graded out worse than Davis, a WR who is still on the market, a pass rusher who graded out worse than Lawson, with only one good contract year under his belt while playing opposite Cameron Jordan, a TE who is still available, a guy who never hit FA, and a LB who is still available, while completely ignoring that we still have an expensive CJ Mosley.

Alllllllrighty then.  Yeah, I’m gonna have to vehemently disagree with you.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I’d love to move on from Lewis, Griffin GVR and free up another 7-8 mill

Griffin was a terrible signing in the 1st place.  Douglas's version of Enunwa.

Lewis?  Not sure what to think, did Gase just hate him or does Douglas hate him as well I wonder.

5 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I would only spend big money on elite elite elite players.  Linsley and Thuney could be the best players at their position.  Real difference makers.  Other than those types, I would target bargains and build through the draft.  

They aren’t even close to the best players at their positions lol.

I’ve wanted Thuney since last offseason but he’s not on the same level as dudes like Quenton Nelson, Brandon Scherff, or Zack Martin.

And prior to last season, Linsley was simply known as a solid, reliable starting center. He’s not Rodney Hudson, Jason Kelce, etc.

It’s not like the Jets can’t still improve the OL.

Alijah Vera-Tucker at #23 and Creed Humphrey at #34.

Boom

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I have no idea how you could prefer Bourne over Davis.

Bourne’s biggest season:

2020: 15 games, 49 catches, 667 yards, 2 TD’s

Davis’ biggest season:

2020: 14 games, 65 catches, 984 yards, 5 TD’s

Well, its not just past stats.  Its projection of future production.  

Besides that, Bourne got 7 mil/year (which is really pushing what I would pay) and Davis who got 12.5/year.  

Just now, Untouchable said:

They aren’t even close to the best players at their positions lol.

I’ve wanted Thuney since last offseason but he’s not on the same level as dudes like Quenton Nelson, Brandon Scherff, or Zack Martin.

And prior to last season, Linsley was simply known as a solid, reliable starting center. He’s not Rodney Hudson, Jason Kelce, etc.

It’s not like the Jets can’t still improve the OL.

Alijah Vera-Tucker at #23 and Creed Humphrey at #34.

Boom

I disagree.  Yuck, I don’t really like those guys in the draft either.  

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

You know our new OC isn’t the head coach of Green Bay, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

So you would have signed a WR who graded out worse than Davis, a WR who is still on the market, a pass rusher who graded out worse than Lawson, with only one good contract year under his belt while playing opposite Cameron Jordan, a TE who is still available, a guy who never hit FA, and a LB who is still available, while completely ignoring that we still have an expensive CJ Mosley.

Alllllllrighty then.  Yeah, I’m gonna have to vehemently disagree with you.

Thats cool.  No one said we have to agree.