2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

14 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I’m pretty sure we have about 50 million available, draft class is what 12 million? Knocks it down to 38? Somewhere in that range. 

Basic breakdown I'm looking at:  51.8 million after Maye, Davis1 and Davis2 according to overthecap.

15 million Lawson

12.5 million rookies

= 24.3 million 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

For the folks complaining that we didn't even sniff around Linsley, consider that our new OC Lafleur was around him in GB, and saw him up close over time. Perhaps he had some input as to whether Linsley was a guy worth burning a lot of money on, and the conclusion reached was that he was not.

wrong lafleur, but perhaps he has talked with his brother (the GB HC) and had some insight into the type of player he is, which impacted the valuation the jets set on him

4 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Well, its not just past stats.  Its projection of future production.  

Besides that, Bourne got 7 mil/year (which is really pushing what I would pay) and Davis who got 12.5/year.  

Of course Bourne only got $7 million a year.

Ideally, he’s the #4 receiver on your depth chart.

He’s quality depth. You don’t want him starting on the outside or as your primary slot.

He’s depth.

Corey Davis is a legitimate starting outside receiver. Not a #1 but certainly a quality #2.

Davis is a solid number 2 wr. Not a bad signing but I would have preferred golloday because I think hes a legit #1. he would cost more but would have been worth it IMO

Golloday as the 1 with Mims as the 2 would have been exciting. looks like JD views Mims as the 1 with Davis as the 2.  Davis is just not a #1 WR IMO. And I Still think jets need to draft a wr early

As far as lawson goes seems like a bit of an overpay to me. Yannick signed for less and was definitely more productive. Seems like he's paying for potential and not production.

Let's see where jd goes from here.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

So you would have signed a WR who graded out worse than Davis, a WR who is still on the market, a pass rusher who graded out worse than Lawson, with only one good contract year under his belt while playing opposite Cameron Jordan, a TE who is still available, a guy who never hit FA, and a LB who is still available, while completely ignoring that we still have an expensive CJ Mosley.

Alllllllrighty then.  Yeah, I’m gonna have to vehemently disagree with you.

Can go on and on but citing grades, I’m assuming PFF, is silly.  PFF had Jamal as a good pass defender for the Jets in his last season here.  
I’ll admit, I known nothing about Lawson.  Looking at his stats I’m not overly impressed and then watching a tape of his pass rushes, it doesn’t jump out to me, regardless of “pressure numbers” or “qb hits”.
As for Davis, I’m just not a fan.  If you’re gonna downplay Hendrickson for playing across from Jordan, then I can downplay him for playing with Smith, Henry and Brown.  He didn’t have a good year until last year.

Point being, no one knows how these guys will be.  I’m remaining pessimistic until I see improvements on the field next year.

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Davis is a solid number 2 wr. Not a bad signing but I would have preferred golloday because I think hes a legit #1. he would cost more but would have been worth it IMO

Golloday as the 1 with Mims as the 2 would have been exciting. looks like JD views Mims as the 1 with Davis as the 2.  Davis is just not a #1 WR IMO. And I Still think jets need to draft a wr early

As far as lawson goes seems like a bit of an overpay to me. Yannick signed for less and was definitely more productive. Seems like he's paying for potential and not production.

Fair points.

But last year we had Crowder and (for most of the season) nobody.  A smattering of Perriman and Mims and a healthy dose of Berrios.

Now we have, Mims, Davis and Crowder, assuming health is good.  That's already a substantial improvement even if nothing changes, which it almost certainly will.  I'm all for drafting a WR early if the value is there, but our needs at OG and CB right now might nudge us that way if value is close.

• Upvote 3

Just now, heymangold said:

Can go on and on but citing grades, I’m assuming PFF, is silly.  PFF had Jamal as a good pass defender for the Jets in his last season here.  
I’ll admit, I known nothing about Lawson.  Looking at his stats I’m not overly impressed and then watching a tape of his pass rushes, it doesn’t jump out to me, regardless of “pressure numbers” or “qb hits”.
As for Davis, I’m just not a fan.  If you’re gonna downplay Hendrickson for playing across from Jordan, then I can downplay him for playing with Smith, Henry and Brown.  He didn’t have a good year until last year.

Point being, no one knows how these guys will be.  I’m remaining pessimistic until I see improvements on the field next year.

Nothing to do with PFF.  I have made it known how much I hate that website.  I’m talking more about advanced stats and things of that nature.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Nothing to do with PFF.  I have made it known how much I hate that website.  I’m talking more about advanced stats and things of that nature.

Carl Lawson put up 8 sacks in 2017 and 5.5 last year btw. He consistently grades out well in pressures and QB hits, along with other promising pass rushing advanced stats.  He is not a one year wonder.  Corey Davis played well when he had a QB who could throw the ball under center. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Was Yannick more productive though?  I don't know the stats, but I'm guessing you're saying he had more sacks.

Meanwhile Lawson had like 32 QB hits.  Flying off the edge.

That sort of production next to Q getting pressure inside is something I'm really looking forward to seeing.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

And what will they have to offer a rookie QB as far as recognizing NFL defenses?

I agree.  It is one of the reasons Linsley was so attractive.  Not only is he one of the best but he has experience in a very similar system.  That is a huge help when you are relying on other young offensive linemen.  

• Upvote 2