2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

11 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Davis is a solid number 2 wr. Not a bad signing but I would have preferred golloday because I think hes a legit #1. he would cost more but would have been worth it IMO

Golloday as the 1 with Mims as the 2 would have been exciting. looks like JD views Mims as the 1 with Davis as the 2.  Davis is just not a #1 WR IMO. And I Still think jets need to draft a wr early

As far as lawson goes seems like a bit of an overpay to me. Yannick signed for less and was definitely more productive. Seems like he's paying for potential and not production.

Let's see where jd goes from here.

I agree for the most part, but Ngakoue is also known as a head case who is now on his 4th team in the last 7 months.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Carl Lawson put up 8 sacks in 2017 and 5.5 last year btw. He consistently grades out well in pressures and QB hits, along with other promising pass rushing advanced stats.  He is not a one year wonder.  Corey Davis played well when he had a QB who could throw the ball under center. 

I know.  I’m not a fan of the “pressures” and “hits” as a stat to really prove anything.  I’m watching people post videos saying it “affected the throw” when the dude is still 2-3 steps away.  It’s like projecting a guy to hit 50 HRs cause he’s always hitting deep fly balls to the warning track. I’m not buying it. 
I respect your football knowledge cause I’m positive it’s way more vast then mine.  Like I said,  I’m going to remain pessimistic until I see it on the field.

• Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, section314 said:

FWIW....on Movin the Chains yesterday, Jim Miller and Pat Kirwin had on the very respected OL coach Paul Alexander. Have him on like 5-6 times before the draft every year because he works out many of the top prospects all across the country. Loves Creed Humprey, said he could play both spots and start from the get go, and will have a long, successful career. Also, absolutely loves the N.Dakota ST. OT Radunz.

Paul Alexander.  He trains alot of the OL prospects pre-draft.  I am pretty sure he trained Andrew Thomas last year 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, heymangold said:

As for Davis, I’m just not a fan.  If you’re gonna downplay Hendrickson for playing across from Jordan, then I can downplay him for playing with Smith, Henry and Brown.  He didn’t have a good year until last year.

Point being, no one knows how these guys will be.  I’m remaining pessimistic until I see improvements on the field next year.

Agree that nobody knows how these guys are going to work out, but Davis is not just a one year wonder.  In 2018, he put up 65-891-4 vey similar to his 2020 season (65-984-5) while playing across from Tajae Sharpe and Taywan Taylor.  And in 2020 he put up almost 1,000 yards while playing in a run heavy offense.  30th in the league in pass attempts.

Nothing is guaranteed, but I like the sgining. 

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

For the folks complaining that we didn't even sniff around Linsley, consider that our new OC Lafleur was around him in GB, and saw him up close over time. Perhaps he had some input as to whether Linsley was a guy worth burning a lot of money on, and the conclusion reached was that he was not.

His brother was (Matt the HC). But yeah, our LaFluer has a reliable resource 

45 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I’d love to move on from Lewis, Griffin GVR and free up another 7-8 mill

The problem with this speculation is the Jets don't need to make any cuts to be cap compliant. Now if their salary or bonuses are tied to day 1 of the new league year then yes, they could be let go.   I'd think Joe C would know better

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

This has to be Belichick's last year. This is a terrible allocation of resources.

Don’t forget Kendrick Bourne, Nelson Agholor, and $14 million for a quarterback who literally can’t throw. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Carl Lawson put up 8 sacks in 2017 and 5.5 last year btw. He consistently grades out well in pressures and QB hits, along with other promising pass rushing advanced stats.  He is not a one year wonder.  Corey Davis played well when he had a QB who could throw the ball under center. 

Davis also played 1 season (2018) under Matt LaFluer so he is familiar w/the O Mike will be running.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Don’t really see how a 335 lb guard who ran a 5.51 eight years ago fits in an outside zone scheme.

I’m not a big fan of any of the OL left on the market except maybe Andrews.

At this point I say keep upgrading WR, EDGE and CB and then make OL your highest priority with picks 23 and 34.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

The problem with this speculation is the Jets don't need to make any cuts to be cap compliant. Now if their salary or bonuses are tied to day 1 of the new league year then yes, they could be let go.   I'd think Joe C would know better

This. 

I would much rather keep some of these depth pieces on the roster until at least the draft, if not into camp. Unless one of these guys has a roster bonus coming due this week, there is nothing to be gained by releasing them now.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I know.  I’m not a fan of the “pressures” and “hits” as a stat to really prove anything.  I’m watching people post videos saying it “affected the throw” when the dude is still 2-3 steps away.  It’s like projecting a guy to hit 50 HRs cause he’s always hitting deep fly balls to the warning track. I’m not buying it. 
I respect your football knowledge cause I’m positive it’s way more vast then mine.  Like I said,  I’m going to remain pessimistic until I see it on the field.

Fair enough, and thank you for the compliment.

At the end of the day, my philosophy regarding FA is that you pay decent money with well structured contracts for these types of guys.  Young, ascending talent, who project well based off of certain traits and analytical data.  Too many times I’ve seen this team end up paying guys like Trumaine Johnson, Santonio Holmes, Mo Wilkerson, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Le’Veon Bell etc. (I could go on) top dollar and have it blow up in their faces.  Our best signings over the last few years were guys like Decker, Calvin Pace, Thomas Jones, Cromartie (first time around), Ivory, Crowder, James Carpenter, Bart Scott, Jim Leonhard, Kevin Mawae.  I could include Curtis Martin too, but that was a very complicated signing, plus I feel like that was one of the few times where paying a premium talent premium money actually worked out so it doesn’t exactly match my overall philosophy.  My point really is just stick to this method and nail the draft.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Davis also played 1 season (2018) under Matt LaFluer so he is familiar w/the O Mike will be running.

Yup.  Mentioned it a few times yesterday.  He has thrived in the Shanny system.  Arthur Smith runs something very similar too.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Fair enough, and thank you for the compliment.

At the end of the day, my philosophy regarding FA is that you pay decent money with well structured contracts for these types of guys.  Young, ascending talent, who project well based off of certain traits and analytical data.  Too many times I’ve seen this team end up paying guys like Trumaine Johnson, Santonio Holmes, Mo Wilkerson, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Le’Veon Bell etc. (I could go on) top dollar and have it blow up in their faces.  Our best signings over the last few years were guys like Decker, Calvin Pace, Thomas Jones, Cromartie (first time around), Ivory, Crowder, James Carpenter, Bart Scott, Jim Leonhard, Kevin Mawae.  I could include Curtis Martin too, but that was a very complicated signing, plus I feel like that was one of the few times where paying a premium talent premium money actually worked out so it doesn’t exactly match my overall philosophy.

I'd add Alan Faneca to that list

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I agree for the most part, but Ngakoue is also known as a head case who is now on his 4th team in the last 7 months.

Saleh coached him when he was a rookie.  If he was ok with letting him walk for that price, I’m sure we’ll be fine.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, freestater said:

I'd add Alan Faneca to that list

I wanted to add Faneca and Woody, but they were long in the tooth by the time we signed them.  I wanted to keep the focus on some of the younger guys (at time of their signing) lol.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Paul Alexander.  He trains alot of the OL prospects pre-draft.  I am pretty sure he trained Andrew Thomas last year 

bingo,, I hear Jets all over NDSU guy,,will probably find way to get him later rounds and may even go after stud OL at pick 23 also..although I prefer using pick 23 on OLB/standup line of scrimmage  Zaven Collins. A swiss army super weapon for Saleh

39 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Nothing to do with PFF.  I have made it known how much I hate that website.  I’m talking more about advanced stats and things of that nature.

I like to use PFF when it helps my argument, whatever it might be at the moment.  Otherwise, PFF is as accurate as a Ouija board.  :)

• Haha 3