2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

Yeah, and after gifting Cam $14 million, I don't see them acquiring another QB to start over him.

Cam's 2021 cap number is 5.5 M, only 3.5M of that is guaranteed.

They've got to be running low on available cash but it appears that Patriots might draft or trade/sign another QB to compete with Cam for the starting gig. 

1 hour ago, Bungaman said:

For the folks complaining that we didn't even sniff around Linsley, consider that our new OC Lafleur was around him in GB, and saw him up close over time. Perhaps he had some input as to whether Linsley was a guy worth burning a lot of money on, and the conclusion reached was that he was not.

That's not true. Wrong Lafleur

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Bears reportedly going after Andy Dalton...

And I'll ask again. Would Douglas trade Darnold prior to seeing Wilson and Fields pro days. 

From what I've seen of Douglas he sticks to his plan/price point no matter what's going on.

So I agree with you, nothing will happen with Darnold until we see Wilson and Fields pro days

• Upvote 3

I am starting to get the feeling that the Seahawks could be one of those teams that goes from contender to pretty awful in one season, which is awesome for the Jets.

I am not a fan of big ticket FA at all, but if you are going to do it I prefer the Jets approach of signing still young possibly ascending players than huge contracts on 30+ third contract guys

• Upvote 2

Granted - all of the rumors have been really fun. 

That said, am I missing something or have all of the signings the Jets have made come completely out of nowhere? Things have definitely been kept quiet. Nothing on either Davis, Lawson was leaning towards the Bengals and the Jets were talking to Hendrickson...

It's gotten to the point I'm just checking to see if targets have signed somewhere or if the Jets have signed someone. 

It will be very interesting to see, IF a trade with HOU for Watson comes to be it will obviously include #2 and at least 1 first rounder next year. Do the Jets give up our 1st rounder or Seattle's? Because us with Watson may actually have a better season than SEA if Wilson gets shipped out. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, derp said:

Granted - all of the rumors have been really fun. 

That said, am I missing something or have all of the signings the Jets have made come completely out of nowhere? Things have definitely been kept quiet. Nothing on either Davis, Lawson was leaning towards the Bengals and the Jets were talking to Hendrickson...

It's gotten to the point I'm just checking to see if targets have signed somewhere or if the Jets have signed someone. 

It's almost like we're turning into a professional organization. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1