2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

joewilly12

48 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Any Jordan Jenkins news? He could contribute more with his hand in the dirt as a DE across from Lawson. I believe that was his position in college anyway

He was indeed a DE in college.  Homegrown player who has done a solid job for the Jets - I'd welcome him back on a similar deal to last year ($4M) to compete at the strongside end spot.

6 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

What does that have to do with their FA moves they are looking at a Center.  When you say trade they are possibly our biggest threat. 

It has a lo to do with needing players. 

Free agency and the draft is where you improve your team. 

Dolphins 10-6  NY Jets 2-14 we need all the help and improvements we can get. 

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Happy to see this one blowing back up in the Giants face

Leo is playing this perfectly. He is young and quite durable. He has the giants over a barrel. He can be the Kirk cousins of DL. He can pocket 19 million this yr and giants will have have to franchise him again next year guaranteeing another 20 plus or he will be unrestricted FA next year. He is either guaranteed 40plus million for next 2yrs by the giants or will be FA after this season, not bad.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

It has a lo to do with needing players. 

Free agency and the draft is where you improve your team. 

Dolphins 10-6  NY Jets 2-14 we need all the help and improvements we can get. 

Fully understand how the Draft and free agency works. Who do you think would benefit from Trading for Watson a 10-6 team who doesn’t believe in their young QB or a 2-14 team with holes at multiple positions and needs all the draft capital they can get. 

3 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Fully understand how the Draft and free agency works. Who do you think would benefit from Trading for Watson a 10-6 team who doesn’t believe in their young QB or a 2-14 team with holes at multiple positions and needs all the draft capital they can get. 

Watson?  Who said anything about Watson?  

The 49ers have offered Trent Williams $80M over 4 years, no reporting on bonus structure.  If Douglas signed him to that contract and moved Becton to RT, it's probably a bigger improvement on the line than signing Joe Thuney.  Cutting Fant and Lewis would cover close to $13M of Williams' 1st year.

• Thumb Down 3

1 minute ago, chad2coles said:

The 49ers have offered Trent Williams $80M over 4 years, no reporting on bonus structure.  If Douglas signed him to that contract and moved Becton to RT, it's probably a bigger improvement on the line than signing Joe Thuney.  Cutting Fant and Lewis would cover close to $13M of Williams' 1st year.

It would also piss Becton off and create a potential mess down the line. For someone who played so well so quickly, I wouldn’t want to do that. 

if Trent wanted to play RT?  Sign me up, but I’m not diving into something that can cause a mess with one of only a handful that is worth it when it comes to taking care of our own talent when the time comes.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1