2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

So I guess I’m gonna stare at my iPhone refreshing this thread for 11 hours straight for the second consecutive day. 

Shut up and take it like a man like the rest of us! I haven’t done much work and didn’t call in to 2 meeting today either. 

get on my level. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, chad2coles said:

The 49ers have offered Trent Williams $80M over 4 years, no reporting on bonus structure.  If Douglas signed him to that contract and moved Becton to RT, it's probably a bigger improvement on the line than signing Joe Thuney.  Cutting Fant and Lewis would cover close to $13M of Williams' 1st year.

Yeah, Joe Douglas seems like exactly the kind of guy who would spend $80M on a 30-something year old veteran and move his first ever Draft pick to the opposite side of the Line.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Wonder what this means?

Sounds like we’re keeping him unless some team blows Douglas away with an offer.

Fine by me

Hopefully we can trade down with Carolina for #8, #39 and their 1st rounder next year.

Draft Slater or Pitts at #8

And if Darnold falls on his face with an improved supporting cast this season, then you’re sitting pretty with three 1st round picks next offseason to make a move for a QB. Be it through the draft or for a guy like Watson if Houston doesn’t trade him within the next 6 weeks.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, football guy said:

Teams do not get the impression that the Jets are trading Darnold. I know that pains people to read and it makes some fans want to scream, but it's just the reality of the situation. 

Great to hear.

No Watson?  No trade.

• Upvote 1

Teams do not get the impression that the Jets are trading Darnold. I know that pains people to read and it makes some fans want to scream, but it's just the reality of the situation. 

Saleh and LeFluer maybe think they can save him. 

Fine by me just have a viable backup plan B QB ready to take over if he Sam Darnold fails again. 

Seems like they are going to hope a team get desperate if a qb goes down or we are giving him a true shot with the Shanny offense. 

darnold hasn’t impressed for sure, but I’d be lying if I said I’m in love with any of the prospects outside of Lawrence if we took one at 2. 

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Can't convince myself to watch next year if we trot out Darnold again. With our position in a QB heavy class it's as asinine as extending Sanchez. 

I do thank you for the updates though.

2 hours ago, PS17 said:

Don’t forget Kendrick Bourne, Nelson Agholor, and $14 million for a quarterback who literally can’t throw. 

I gotta think they're getting another QB.  Cam will be gagetized for short yardage and goal line like Brissett last year.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

Sams not going anywhere, hopefully Jd can get a haul to move back. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Sounds like we’re keeping him unless some team blows Douglas away with an offer.

Fine by me

Hopefully we can trade down with Carolina for #8, #39 and their 1st rounder next year.

Draft Slater or Pitts at #8

And if Darnold falls on his face with an improved supporting cast this season, then you’re sitting pretty with three 1st round picks next offseason to make a move for a QB. Be it through the draft or for a guy like Watson if Houston doesn’t trade him within the next 6 weeks.

This would be an expensive gamble especially if we get a couple of more wins than this past season.  We could be looking at losing all our 1st round picks just to move up enough to be in position to grab a top QB.

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

I don’t get that impression either.

Keep Sam. Draft beasts all over. Pick Mac Jones or Mond later if they are good value. 

• Upvote 1

Hey if we keep Sam then we definitely have the opportunity to significantly improve through the draft. 

I would trade down with Atlanta at #4.  Then flop picks with Cincy at #5  so they can secure Sewell, and then one more drop with Carolina.      Fantasy deal but why not shoot for the stars.

Better hope our scout team is on point though.

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

I felt like this was the most likely outcome, but it just sucks that they are taking such a risky route. They should be able to trade down from 2 if this is the case and I just hope that the haul they get is good enough to engage in such a reckless decision to have no viable plan to fix the QB position if Sam belly flops.

18 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Wonder what this means?

I think it can only mean 1 of 2 things:

a) We're asking for more than teams are willing to give up

b) We're saying he's not available yet

Let's not forget that it has been reported more than a few times that the Jets have hinted that they were going to take their time in deciding on whether or not to trade Darnold.  Part of the holdup would be needing time to evaluate the QB prospects in this year's draft with the new staff.

I could be dead wrong but I don't see a decision (trade) on Darnold coming until after Pro Days and interviews are over and maybe not until draft night.

• Upvote 1