2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

1 minute ago, CTJetsFan said:

I'm beginning to wonder if JD had a few guys he was targeting where he got 1 or 2 (Lawson, Davis) and missed on a few others (Thuney) and part 2 of his strategy is to wait for the cuts that need to occur before tomorrow for teams to get under the new cap.

Have to think a lot of good players will be hitting the wire tomorrow.

Very possible.  At this point, when you see guys like Rodney Hudson get released, you can believe that there will be better options by tomorrow than there are right now.  And the prices will come down on some of these players as well when more names start appearing in the job line.

• Upvote 4

OBJ got that triple purple dragon wheelchair kush clarity. But then you don't put the CDs back in the cases cuz you're hungry and you start making chicken cutlets while you eat a bowl of cereal. Yeah man. Order some Domino's Pizza and forget you ordered it and when the guy shows up you're surprised. Please no OBJ!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Very possible.  At this point, when you see guys like Rodney Hudson get released, you can believe that there will be better options by tomorrow than there are right now.  And the prices will come down on some of these players as well when more names start appearing in the job line.

Especially after all the money that’s already been committed before any of these signings become official. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

No way man to me it's like fishing! They feed sunup and sundown and that's when you have to pounce. If JD sees a worthy guy break loose he better pounce!

11 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

The thing to remember about Zuniga was that he was a strange choice for the Jets at the time.  He was the last of the 2d tier pass rushers so he was a need pick.  His forte is as a disruptive 3 technique.  The worry about him - other than his injury history - are his calves and ankles which are small for a trench player.  Ourlads worried that he "might lack a position" in the NFL.  He was an odd choice for the Jets because we played a base 3-4 and he is not a two-gap player.  He fits what we are doing now perfectly.  Remember his good side and the reason he carried a third down grade - he is too quick for interior lineman and has unusual strength for a 270 lb guy.  I remain hopeful about his future.  He has useful traits if used properly in the right scheme.  I think Saleh will find a use for him. 

Nice info. Thanks.  No idea but to me he looked alittle heavy last season. Considering his quad problems it wouldn't be a surprise. 

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Damn.  Steve Smith just killed the Corey Davis signing.  If that's the only weapon JD brings in.

Paraphrased...

"All these Nikes, Jordans available... and man you get Converse?  This is how you try to help Darnold!?"

Pretty funny.

Kinda funny actually but he’s on crack if he’s comparing Juju to Nike/Jordan. 

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Damn.  Steve Smith just killed the Corey Davis signing.  If that's the only weapon JD brings in.

Paraphrased...

"All these Nikes, Jordans available... and man you get Converse?  This is how you try to help Darnold!?"

Pretty funny.

Steve Smith also said the Colts should trade for Watson - this was only a couple days ago. He’s a clown.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Kinda funny actually but he’s on crack if he’s comparing Juju to Nike/Jordan. 

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

Steve Smith also said the Colts should trade for Watson - this was only a couple days ago. He’s a clown.

Just gotta make sure to listen to criticisms along with the compliments.

Especially funny ones.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

A lot of teams are interested. But the bottom line is that Joe Douglas is not looking at it as "Darnold vs. Wilson (or any other draftable QB)", he's looking at which strategy would bring back more value. He's trying not to attach the person to the asset. At the end of the day, he has an assigned value to every player... what grouping gives the Jets the grandest roster for the most responsible amount of money? 

If a team offers a 1st for Sam and they have a high grade on Wilson, I would think they would trade Sam and take Wilson. However, if teams are only offering mid-late 2s, Douglas likely keeps Sam, takes the boatload of draft picks and goes that route. I think there always remains the possibility that he's blown away and decides to take what he can get for Sam just because he loves the QB at #2 so much, but based on everything I know I truly don't believe this to be the case.

That does not make a lot of sense TBH. If they think Wilson is a FQB they will pick him and worry about Sam separately.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Steve smith also said this: 

So maybe we should just ignore him

Is Steve Smith in a competition with his namesake, Stephen A Smith, to drop the dumbest comments possible?  I wouldn't have given Steve any odds at all, but now I'm not so sure.

I wonder if he even remembers that IND is in HOU's division.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

That does not make a lot of sense TBH. If they think Wilson is a FQB they will pick him and worry about Sam separately.

Agreed. If JD thinks like that (which I doubt he does), then he should consider a career change. I just dont see JD saying "we're not getting enough for sam, so lets pass on a guy who we think is good or can be better due to that". If thats how he views them

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Is Steve Smith in a competition with his namesake, Stephen A Smith, to drop the dumbest comments possible?  I wouldn't have given Steve any odds at all, but now I'm not so sure.

I see Steve Smith in a very high position in the Raiders organization . ?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1