Trade Down.... But for Trey Lance

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Allen had legit accuracy issues. Credit to the Bill organization  doing what they needed to minimize them. We are talking about the Jets here. 

So you have no faith in our new staff? So why even bother taking a quarterback at all, ever?  I mean these are the Jets we are talking about.  Sorry, I am not with that narrative, I will give Saleh and his staff the benefit of the doubt.  

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know there are no guarantees but if we could get the Lions to trade their 7th, and 21st along with other draft picks, for # 2, I would strongly consider doing it and drafting Trey Lance. The key is

I like this as well.   A trade down will give us a lot of options but a trade down and get a QB prospect even if he needs seasoning is a decent idea. Heck for all we know a trade down and Fields

The idea of drafting a one-year starter at 2 is terrifying, but Josh Allen is going to finish second in MVP voting, so who ******* knows who's good anymore

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

For what little it's worth, I just ran the NFL Draft Simulator a half dozen times, and Lance never went later than the 10th pick.

In one of those runs, the Lions DID Offer me pick #7 (and more) for #2 overall.  They offered (I'd I'd take in a heartbeat for #2 overall!):

• Pick 7

• Pick 41

• Pick 72

• 2022 DET 1st

• 2022 DET 2nd

I went ahead and saved a picture of my results of that draft:

Lance Draft.jpg

That would be a heck of a haul by JD.... 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, genot said:

"Get this kid the right coaching and you have a star". Maybe JD feels that way about Darnold. Darnold hasn't had any coaching ths last two years. Lol.

True but the difference is Lance doesn't have the baggage of the last 3 years ruining his confidence and making him gunshy like it has Darnold.  

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Correct.  The Jets can take a 3rd round QB and keep Sam.  No problem there.  People are talking about taking Lance at #7. 

You must see the difference between 7 overall and 3rd round.

Lance is projected to go top 10 no matter how much you may not want that to be the case.   

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
17 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

That would be a heck of a haul by JD.... 

Know what's funny, I drafted three guys named "Trey" in that mock draft and never even realized it.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Dude please get over yourself.  You like so many on this board take themselves WAY too serious.   I thought Hackenberg might have been a good pick so we all make mistakes.  It is called being human.   Now do me a favor and GFY.  

Gimme a break. You made an asinine remark because I didn’t agree with you. So I took umbrage - shocking. You can’t pull the whole “tough guy huh” routine because you baited me and I took it. 

I’m over it. If anything, I’m guilty of letting my attitude regarding Lance in another thread bleed over into this thread. My bad. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
29 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

True but the difference is Lance doesn't have the baggage of the last 3 years ruining his confidence and making him gunshy like it has Darnold.  

You could be right about Darnolds mindset. We really don't know that though. That's something that the Jet's brass will have to figure out noving forward. They're in the best position to figure that out. Not us. Darnold behind the scenes might have been as sick as anybody with the coaching decisions, and play calling as anybody. Just playing the good soldier, to his detriment, in my view.

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Lance is projected to go top 10 no matter how much you may not want that to be the case.   

?

I all for taking Lance at 2 if that’s their guy. 

I simply don't think we should trade down and hope he’s there. 
Whichever QB you like you should take at 2.  Don’t mess around with QB. 

25 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

?

I all for taking Lance at 2 if that’s their guy. 

I simply don't think we should trade down and hope he’s there. 
Whichever QB you like you should take at 2.  Don’t mess around with QB. 

Fair take for sure. You never know who may deal up ahead of you. That said, i would not be surprised if jets have wilson, fields and lance rated in similar fashion. You would need to have a backup plan you like in case that happens.  If 4 qbs get taken in top 6( doubtful) , a very good, if not great player is falling to 7. Sewell, one of the wrs, etc... If you like Lance safer move is to trade to 4, although return will be less, almost 100% chance he is still there..

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Yeah but he is not God so he is just giving an opinion.  As I said, the kid needs to be coached up but you can find something negative about each quarterback prospect.  From everything I personally have seen, he is more deep ball accurate than Darnold, who went third a few years ago. 

Sorry, I find the argument of comparing him to someone else who has poor deep ball accuracy  pretty weak. 

9 hours ago, JetBlue said:

So you have no faith in our new staff? So why even bother taking a quarterback at all, ever?  I mean these are the Jets we are talking about.  Sorry, I am not with that narrative, I will give Saleh and his staff the benefit of the doubt.  

Based on what? How many times have we seen this dog and pony show here. Did you just come down with the last drop of rain. Yes,  I hope Saleh is the real deal and I like who he brought in on the CS but until I see results that say this team is different, call me skeptical.  I have fallen for this way too many times and have seen nothing  as far s long term results because of ownership. We don't  know how this goes until the game starts. Even Gase got this same adulation when he was hired.  I'm not even 100% on JD's bandwagon yet. His first draft class has not exactly been stunning. The only solid pick was Becton. Mims I really don't  understand all the cheering. He had zero TD's. I don't  want to hear about how he was injured, Crowder was also injured and he managed to score. When Barrios has more TD's than a guy that is supposed to be a #1, there is something wrong.

18 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Exactly so you go with you feel can be that guy.  Before the season started the conversation was Lawrence, Fields and Lance so it is not like we are talking about some one who is coming out of nowhere.  Him not playing this year really hurts as he could have used the reps and experience, not the mention more game film to evaluate him. That is why I would not plan to start him his first year or at least for most of it.  He does need coaching but his talent level is elite. 

Its not just the order in which theyre ranked.

Theres a large enough drop off from Lawrence to Fields/Wilson.  Then theres an even bigger drop off to Lance.  Hard to justify taking a QB at 7 that you hope you can coach into a NFL QB

On 1/27/2021 at 3:03 PM, JetBlue said:

I was thinking the same thing but it just gives us the additional flexibility and we wouldn't have to "rush" him if he need more seasoning.  We could trade Darnold and sign another mid level quarterback to compete with him as well.   

This is key the team still is going to be devoid of talent next year and based upon what folks keep say they have extremely high expectations..

• Like 1
10 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Yeah but he is not God so he is just giving an opinion.  As I said, the kid needs to be coached up but you can find something negative about each quarterback prospect.  From everything I personally have seen, he is more deep ball accurate than Darnold, who went third a few years ago. 

You've seen and posted a lot of nightlight videos.

I can make any QB, Sam included, look like HOF QBs by clipping their best plays together on tape.

Its the worst way to sell a QB

I can make any QB, Sam included, look like HOF QBs by clipping their best plays together on tape.

Its the worst way to sell a QB. Watch entire games, more than one, agains different levels of competition to draw conclusions.  .

Its the worst way to sell a QB. Watch entire games, more than one, agains different levels of competition to draw conclusions.  .

I would love this option.

Lance is an athletic freak with only 1 interception in his collegiate career, with a cannon of an arm and legs that put up 1k on the ground. He's unseasoned but can easily be turned into great QB with coaching and time.

• Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Darnolod and Hackenberg are two of strangest and least accurate comps for Lance I can imagine.   Why not say he looks like Billy Kilmer?  Makes more sense.  

Lol gawd. I should know better than to drop H bombs. Watch that video and then tell me what who he reminds you of. 

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I know there are no guarantees but if we could get the Lions to trade their 7th, and 21st along with other draft picks, for # 2, I would strongly consider doing it and drafting Trey Lance. The key is knowing he probably needs to sit for a year.  We could bring back Darnold and let them compete and then trade Darnold next year.  If Darnold show signs of becoming the player we thought he would be, we could always turn around and trade Lance.  Either way we would have our franchise quarterback and the capital to build around them.   If Lance is gone at 7, take Pitts or best available offensive player (Chase, Smith etc.) and roll with Sam for the year.   Either way you look at it, we can add some serious talent.  If Sam is not the answer, we will have Lance waiting in the wings and ready to take over by mid season or next.  

I recently watched video of his kid and he looked really good. Better than the pundits are giving him credit for

• Post of the Week 1
10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Lol gawd. I should know better than to drop H bombs. Watch that video and then tell me what who he reminds you of. 

In 38 starts Hackenberg had -242 yards rushing with 6 TDs.   In that game Lance had 150 with 2 TDs.  He had a bad day passing to be sure, but that is the only Hackenberg similarity I saw.  

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I get by your signature you are on the Watson bandwagon.  No worries, carry on.   I have watch some tape, not all of his games and also watched videos of folks dissect his game (sorry if I can't post complete games of his lol)  and from what I see is some one with tremendous athletic ability, quick decision maker, a very strong and accurate arm who needs to be coached up a bit.   I think he has the highest ceiling of any quarterback not named Lawrence in this draft.  Of course he could be a bust, no one has a crystal ball but if we were to trade down, gain more assets, and he is still on the board, I take him and don't look back. 

14 hours ago, Paradis said:

Gimme a break. You made an asinine remark because I didn’t agree with you. So I took umbrage - shocking. You can’t pull the whole “tough guy huh” routine because you baited me and I took it. 

I’m over it. If anything, I’m guilty of letting my attitude regarding Lance in another thread bleed over into this thread. My bad. 

Dude I have no beef with you.  Like I posted I actually thought Hackenberg might be good, lol.  You can't F up more than that.  Personally I like reading most of your posts especially in the draft forum.  Be good.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Darnold and Hackenberg are two of strangest and least accurate comps for Lance I can imagine.   Why not say he looks like Billy Kilmer?  Makes more sense.  

Lance is Kaepernick.  He needs the right system and coach

Mac Jones killing it in senior bowl week. We need to be laser locked on him at 23

6 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Dude I have no beef with you.  Like I posted I actually thought Hackenberg might be good, lol.  You can't F up more than that.  Personally I like reading most of your posts especially in the draft forum.  Be good.  

It’s my fault. It usually is. 

• Haha 1
On 1/27/2021 at 6:04 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Such anger.  Such rage.  Finally something I can get behind!

that's ok.. some people LIKE it from..

giphy.gif

...behind   🙄

• Haha 1

Once hey played themselves out of the Lawrence sweepstakes this was the strategy. The question is whether or not any of the othe prospects is worth the two pick. Maybe they are and maybe they aren’t . Depends on how these guts really are plus the demand. Since there are more than a couple of teams looking for a QBs the demand could be pretty high.  Hopefully the jets will be able to trade back a bit and still get their guy.

On 1/28/2021 at 4:56 PM, Philc1 said:

Lance is Kaepernick.  He needs the right system and coach

Mac Jones killing it in senior bowl week. We need to be laser locked on him at 23

..mac jones will still be on the board in the 3rd round   😏

I have no idea if Lance is gonna be a good QB or not but I don't wanna take a QB that high who's not gonna be on the field for 2- 3 years...the last time we did that people were brainwashed into thinking Hackenberg was our future starter and we wasted years of not drafting a legit franchise QB....It's pretty much the reason we didn't draft Watson in the first place....He's basically Jordan Love except we don't have the luxury Green Bay does in waiting 3 years to find out if he's any good.

• Upvote 1