The "I want to get banned" thread

nycdan

15 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Yo for anybody interested I started an "All things Star Wars" thread over in the lounge!? But for anything Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Godzilla, Marvel, Speed Racer, Planet of the Apes Etc. Anything geeky or sci-fi ...if you're into that kind of thing. Head on over and spread the news.

Let's goooo !  ?..

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Other than the Billy Idol song I'm not familiar. But I believe we've spoken of this before, when I was a kid there was a show on called Masterpiece Theater. I believe it was on channel 13 good old Long Island. They used to show all the classic Invisible Man, Frankenstein, Dracula Etc. I seem to remember it being late at night definitely black and white.

I try to turn my kids on to Svengoolie and believe it or not only my daughter gets it Lol! They showed the Creature from the Black Lagoon trilogy three weeks in a row she was glued to it! You know it's not so much about the movies or staring at the TV or Rich Koz being that funny, it's more about family time.

Believe it or not some pretty interesting conversations come up on a Saturday night when you're watching The Blob! Maybe even the crawling hand?  Anyway you got to remember my little ones  are the twin boys age 11 and my daughter is 7 years old. My oldest is 17. Whether they know it or not now they'll remember those times. I still break out the board games oh, roast marshmallows, catch lightning bugs Etc. Some stuff from our youth never needs to change IMHO, Like the smell of cotton candy at a carnival, or wearing your pajamas to the drive-in.

I think it's awesome that you're a huge fan of the show I've never even found anybody else that ever heard of it! Hell I'm still looking for another Steppenwolf fan for about the last 30 years LMFAO!

There’s a lot of old time rock n rollers on here. There are even some fans of this team when they were the Titans!