Brandon Marshall

49 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Not sure how old you are, if you are under 40 you likely don’t remember the 85 & 86 seasons and Wesley Walker & Al Toon....Toon especially was a truly elite player, that B Marshall year, ably supported by the excellent and very underrated Eric Decker was indeed fun.....big shout out to Braylon Edwards too

Oh I remember. Walker would be today’s Tyreek Hill with all the motion and misdirection..... or at least “Super-Duper” on Miami would have been. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

We only had him two years (first one being a record breaking success...second not so much) but kinda cool we have another former Jets player so openly rooting for the Jets. Mangold, Marshall, Woody, Cromartie, Bart Scott, Keyshawn Johnson, Boomer and I’m sure I’m even missing one or two others. Even if the trade doesn’t come to fruition, the positive press has been refreshing at the very least. Here’s to hoping we pull off the trade that erases 50 years of QB-less Jets teams.

Is boomer a jet fan? Could never really tell

2 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Not sure how old you are, if you are under 40 you likely don’t remember the 85 & 86 seasons and Wesley Walker & Al Toon....Toon especially was a truly elite player, that B Marshall year, ably supported by the excellent and very underrated Eric Decker was indeed fun.....big shout out to Braylon Edwards too

All of the above plus Laveraneus Coles if Braylon gets a shout and of course the twin threats of Keyshawn and Wayne were pretty good . for a short time

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Agreed.... Lav, Santana & Wayne were fun too....Keyshawn was a beast all too briefly

Back to the best of the best (that I saw)

Best deep threat ever for us was Wesley Walker

Best overall smooth as silk was Al Toon (concussions got him too soon. And..... to rub salt in the wound he was the first WR taken in that draft, the 2nd being Jerry Rice, the most prolific WR of all time.  How very, very NY Jets that story is) 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Back to the best of the best (that I saw)

Best deep threat ever for us was Wesley Walker

Best overall smooth as silk was Al Toon (concussions got him too soon. And..... to rub salt in the wound he was the first WR taken in that draft, the 2nd being Jerry Rice, the most prolific WR of all time.  How very, very NY Jets that story is) 

toon was so very good.  i remember seeing how he just reached his arms out and caught the balls.  no alligator arms on that guy, ever.

but going back maynard was a heck of a receiver as was george sauer.  sauer left the game too early.

Fitzmagic to Marshall in 2015 was a really fun season on and off the field. I really liked Braylon Edwards and really thought we screwed up and let him get away. Never was a Keyshawn fan don't like his personality type.

My favorite tandem were Coles and Chrebet. Yeah two little scrappy dudes that didn't talk too much and just fought for the tough yards. Unfortunately both of them got knocked out cold three or four times a season LOL! But that was definitely a different era of football.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

It’s amazing how we have repeated the mistake of letting go of top Wrs and always have trouble replacing them.  A team needs to surriubg a young qb with good wrs.  In 2002 we had a rear thing going with Pennington and coles and we decide to let coles go.  In 2010, we again have a good thing going with edwards and SAntonio around a young qb and what do we do? Break it up and let the big target go.  So stupid 

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

We almost went to a SB twice with Butffumblechez at qb

OFFENSIVE LINE

So I'm just going to put this out into the universe.

Sanchez playoff stats:

9 TD, 3 INT, 94.3 Rating.  Not superb, but definitely not the reason we lost those games.

• Upvote 2

Just now, nycdan said:

Sanchez playoff stats:

9 TD, 3 INT, 94.3 Rating.  Not superb, but definitely not the reason we lost those games.

Sanchez > Darnold.  And I am stunned I can write that about that wobbly pass lobbing dumb dumb. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Sanchez playoff stats:

Yes I agree Mark was the rare qb who was way better in high pressure playoff games than regular season