DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

6 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i believe Kyrie is the alpha in that relationship and he wanted the Nets. while durant is the alpha player, i think kyrie is the alpha in the pairing. lets face it, they can't handle the media scrutiny if they were on the Knicks.  i'm a nets fan and i know they're little brother, they never get heat for anything.

Kyrie lmao glad knicks didn't get him. Nets gave away their future and probably won't win

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ScouserJet said:

To the dude who’s saying...

2022 1st around and

Darnold

think you’re living in dreamworld, but if we pull that off, daylight robbery.

That's what i read.  It's not that big of a robbery if you think about it.  That #2 pick is equivalent to at least 2 lower 1's so essentially it's 3 1's in terms of value plus Darnold.  If it were true, it would be an opening offer anyway.

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Miami will offer #3 and the Jets will offer #2. That's the only way Houston trades a FQb. Now the additional picks can be negotiated. Maybe next year's Seattle pick or #34 this year and next year's #1 prevents us from giving up a #1 in '22

Perhaps you're right.  But as with all things, every trade is a negotiation.  Our starting offer shouldn't ever be our best offer.  That's how you end up vastly overpaying or being priced out.  My post is my initial offer, and frankly it's more than fair.

If they reject it, I'm more than willing to trade 2021 #2, 2022 Seattle #1 and our 2023 #1, as stated previously.  But I'd like to do better, if possible.

After all, I never, ever though JD would get what he got for Adams.  Maybe he'll surprise us here as well.  One can always hope.

Either way, not quite sure my post was so objectionable as to warrant a negrep, but such is life.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, ScouserJet said:

To the dude who’s saying...

2022 1st around and

Darnold

think you’re living in dreamworld, but if we pull that off, daylight robbery.

JD doesn’t **** around when it comes to trades. I do not see us getting fleeced if we end up getting him. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'd offer the Texans our 2021 #23, a 2021 3rd round pick, our 2021 Seattle #1 pick, our own 2022 #1 and #3 Picks and Sam Darnold (QB).

Then I'd do everything possible to trade down out of #2 in 2021 to acquire a mid-1st in 2021 and a 1st in 2022. 

That's my plan as of today.

So:

Jets Offer:
2021 1st Round Pick #23
2021 3rd Round Pick
2022 1st Round Pick (Seattle)
2023 1st Round Pick
2023 3rd Round Pick
Sam Darnold (QB)

Texans Offer:
Deshaun Watson (QB)

200.gif

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Just for me personally, I think we should build up the OL and give Sweet Sammy another shot, we can always trade for a 25-year-old top-5 QB a year from now. JMO

Hmmm Joe D said he wants to build through the draft with no shortcuts so we definitely have to hold onto the #23 pick to draft the third-ranked guard prospects or the fifth-ranked WR prospect. I get that Watson is a good player, but is he better than two or three Rashod Bateman’s? Hard to say

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Hmmm Joe D said he wants to build through the draft with no shortcuts so we definitely have to hold onto the #23 pick to draft the third-ranked guard prospects or the fifth-ranked WR prospect. I get that Watson is a good player, but is he better than two or three Rashod Bateman’s? Hard to say

Only Jets fans would scream about improving the OL and then give up the chance to draft the next Tytus Howard SMDH......

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pac said:

200.gif

I see you negrepped me too Pac, and I'm honestly confused as to why.

This is a better trade for us than the oft rumoured 2021 #2, 2022 Seattle #1, 2023 #1.

By retaining #2 in 2021, we can make up much of what we're giving away to get Watson.  If the cost is a few 3rd's and Sam to still have a 2021 #1 and 2x 2022 #1's, I'm hard pressed to see the problem.

If it's just "Texans will never accept it", ok, fine, but my answer to Boozer stands.  You have to negotiate, you don't just hand the Texans whatever they ask for.  No matter how much we want Watson (and I very much do).

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

The question is, does Douglas want to let his career ride on Darnold, a rookie QB or Watson?

Obviously Darnold.  Then Douglas can put on his resume that he helped Darnold go from the # 35 ranked QB in the league all the way up to the # 29 QB in the league.  

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

This is a better trade for us than the oft rumoured 2021 #2, 2022 Seattle #1, 2023 #1.

By retaining #2 in 2021, we can make up much of what we're giving away to get Watson.  If the cost is a few 3rd's and Sam to still have a 2021 #1 and 2x 2022 #1's, I'm hard pressed to see the problem.

If it's just "Texans will never accept it", ok, fine, but my answer to Boozer stands.  You have to negotiate, you don't just hand the Texans whatever they ask for.  No matter how much we want Watson (and I very much do).

Pac neg-repped you because he still thinks Jamal Adams was the correct pick in 2017.  Everything else flows from that.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah, Embiid is playing out of his mind, and Simmons has settled into a role as the # 2 guy nicely.  I like their role players better than Brooklyn, too.  That would be a heck of a series.

Durant-Harden-Irving is just way too much offensive firepower for literally any team to defend. Plus, they may also end up getting Andre Drummond. 

I do think the Lakers would still be favored in a finals series against them this year because I think they are still currently a better team top to bottom depth wise, and defensively. Unless the Nets make a couple of moves to shore that up. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

This is our best chance in so f*cking long to transform this franchise overnight. These opportunities never come around, they should be impossible.

If we low ball and he ends up a Dolphin the Douglas should be out the door the following day. That cannot be allowed to happen. We have the best resources, go and f*cking get an elite QB.

We fully agree on this, which is rare when it comes to the topic of Joe Douglas.  lol.  ??

Considering the Jets needs, it makes little if any sense to trade for Watson along the lines being proposed (multiple #1 picks).  Equating his value in part with Adams, 2 #1s, is nonsensical.  The #1 picks the Jets received were  in the bottom third of the draft order. No one would trade the 2d pick in the draft for 2 #1s (or even 3 perhaps) in the tail end of the first round.  A fair trade would be  Watson for Darnold and our #2 pick.    Adding nest year's #1 pick we acquired for Adams should be the limit of how far we would go. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Agree with everything you said, but our deal starts with the #2 overall pick.  The Texans need to turn that into a QB of the future to sell their fanbase on.  There is no way we get Watson without including that pick.  Whatever else it takes in addition to the #2 is anyone's guess

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Perhaps I misread.  Skimming as I'm trying to work as well.  I thought you said 4 firsts including 2nd this year.

I rescind my down vote and Edris gif.  Ill read it again paying attention.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, WhartonJet said:

Agree with everything you said, but our deal starts with the #2 overall pick.  The Texans need to turn that into a QB of the future to sell their fanbase on.  There is no way we get Watson without including that pick.  Whatever else it takes in addition to the #2 is anyone's guess

Ultimately, that's probably right.

But I hope JD works his magic to avoid giving away #2.

A sweet enough pot of picks and players (including Sam) can do it IMO, but it won't be easy.

But again, ultimately, if we do have to give away #2, ok, do it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1