DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Jets, Dolphins or Texans.  Anything else is a long shot -- maybe even the Texans, but I still think they will do everything they can to keep him.  

Not sure why everyone insists on Miami. It is very realistic they are still 100% committed to Tua.  

• Upvote 2

3 1sts is perfectly fine for DW. He is what every franchise needs. Considering we have 5 over the next three years, you're not even killing your ability to add talent. Perfect time, perfect situation, and there's not another player at the position (with availability) more worthy of the investment. 

• Upvote 2

Thinking about the QB's in the draft, Fields stock took a hit in the title game.  While you can't make a decision off one game, the thinking is that he had quite a few bad games this past season.  This is GREAT news for us.  We need a separation between Wilson and Fields.   If they are a toss up then that favors Houston as they wouldn't mind ours or Miami's pick.  If they strongly prefer one over the other it puts us in the drivers seat.   

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

But half of their games weren't!! (And he was still a top 10 QB in the other 8 games)

LMAO. 

Worst argument ever. 

His math is silly.  4 wins + 8 losses where there was no garbage time = half his games had garbage time?  OK.....

And there wasn't nearly enough garbage time in the games that were relevant to matter at all in the totality of the data.  Cut out the garbage time and he was still, statistically, a top 5 QB last year.  With Will Fuller as his WR1.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RSJ said:

The Texans lost 8 games by 8 points or less. Half their games were blowouts.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Serious question- Do you have Sunday ticket? How often have you watched Watson? 

You sound like a person who has watched Watson twice a year. He's legitimately one of the very best players in the league. Forget QBs. He's an elite, elite football player. 

• Upvote 2

1) 8 of their 12 losses were decided by 8 points or less.  So I think you just saw what you wanted to see.  
2) Knee issues are always concerning for a mobilie QB, yes.  I just don't think you can worry about that in today's NFL.  Look around the league.  Tons of QB's are athletic and mobile.  You have to get one if you want to win.  In fact, all of the top QB's in this rookie class are in that category.  So that risk is unavoidable no matter which route we take.
3) You can't use what is going on in Houston to worry about what Watson will do going forward.  These are uniquely terrible decisions being made by that organization that won't happen elsewhere.  Meanwhile, It would be a terrible look for him if he were to demand a trade from his 2nd destination.  It's not something that any team trading for Watson should realistically worry about.  All teams are doing their research on what's going on in Houston and determining for themselves how much of a part Watson played in all this.  I guarantee you they won't be concerned about it when trading for Watson, nor should they be.  

He's a top 5 QB and is 25 years old.  No need to overthink this.  Go get him.

1) Most NFL games are decided by 3 points or less. Sure an 8 point game could be one score or it could be a garbage time TD that brought it from 15 to 8. The Texans were terrible and not in many close games.

2) Its still a concern and needs to be accounted for when considering the risk in trading him.

3) You are right Watson is going to love it here. No players ever get unhappy with the Jets.

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Ryan Griffin had better stats with Darnold than Watson. This isnt a Darnold/Watson argument though. This is a whats Watsons value argument

lol - ryan griffin also had to compete with the best WR in the NFL for targets. on the jets last year he was the best option this offense had

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

1) Most NFL games are decided by 3 points or less. Sure an 8 point game could be one score or it could be a garbage time TD that brought it from 15 to 8. The Texans were terrible and not in many close games.

2) Its still a concern and needs to be accounted for when considering the risk in trading him.

3) You are right Watson is going to love it here. No players ever get unhappy with the Jets.

1) Watson was still a top 5 QB by any metric.  Even when you cut out this supposed garbage time.

2) OK, bake that into his value then.  Use that in negotiations.  This isn't a viable reason to avoid him.

3) Have you seen all the former Jets coming out on Twitter and talking up the Jets to Watson?  Some players were unhappy, for sure.  Most loved their experience here, despite all the losses.  The culture here really isn't the problem.  The losing is the problem.  That can be easily fixed with Watson + tons of cap space.  Meanwhile, Watson is not the only unhappy Texan right now.  Not by a long shot.  He's just the most vocal.  And THEIR former players (like Andre Johnson) have been speaking out about how bad its been there under the McNair's.

Wait does he have a no trade clause?????????

just kidding. Im sure we all know he does as its been pointed out 1000000x

so are there any more cocky holds outs that still believe there is no chance if this happening? If so please stand up because everything looks like he will be traded and the jets are clearly in the mix here. No doubt.

Make this easy.... darnold, the #2, next years adams 1St rounder and the year afters 1st. Get it done and blow everybody elses offers away. If he says no thats fine but at least we took a hr swing and a miss

seems like a lot but is it? How much will this hurt us? Not much imo. We still have 1st round picks this and next year and dont need darnold so were just giving up a single measley 1st 2 years from now. Big deal!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Could be? So now your argument has been reduced to "some of Watson's good performances could have been garbage time performances?"

Why are you dying on this hill? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Then I don't do it. 2 is off the table IMo. Way too valuable. More valuable than other teams 3 #1s offers. You just do not throw value way.

If you would be willing to take a rookie QB at #2 and not use it for a top 5 bonafide franchise QB on a team friendly deal for the next 4 years then this statement is invalid.

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

So, I think it’s fun as a GM to advocate patience and building through the draft, and building a culture, etc., but then when you have a chance to get an extremely elusive, yet central piece to any team-building program, you throw all of that happy talk sh*t out and you sell your wife and children to get a 25 year old QB who, for some reason, wants to join your dog-ass team. The alternative is that you build the team up, go 7-9 for three years, and pray to God a QB emerges from your program, which is how you get to be an ex-GM

I hope you are right

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Then I don't do it. 2 is off the table IMo. Way too valuable. More valuable than other teams 3 #1s offers. You just do not throw value way.

Nothing is more valuable than an elite, young QB.  The # 2 pick would be used by somebody to find a QB they hope to be nearly as good as Watson, either by us or another team who trades up.

• Upvote 1

1) Watson was still a top 5 QB by any metric.  Even when you cut out this supposed garbage time.
2) OK, bake that into his value then.  Use that in negotiations.  This isn't a viable reason to avoid him.
3) Have you seen all the former Jets coming out on Twitter and talking up the Jets to Watson?  Some players were unhappy, for sure.  Most loved their experience here, despite all the losses.  The culture here really isn't the problem.  The losing is the problem.  That can be easily fixed with Watson + tons of cap space.  Meanwhile, Watson is not the only unhappy Texan right now.  Not by a long shot.  He's just the most vocal.  And THEIR former players (like Andre Johnson) have been speaking out about how bad its been there under the McNair's.

https://www.fantasyalarm.com/player-news/1955853/deshaun-watson-saves-night-with-garbage-time-tds/

1) One example of how garbage time stats can compile. Over the course of a season it can rasily move a QB up at least 10 spots.

2) we agree

3) Jamal Adams says hi

11 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Not sure why everyone insists on Miami. It is very realistic they are still 100% committed to Tua.  

Because that’s the way the Fins do business they will sell out Tua in a heartbeat for Watson,  they are our biggest threat if we want him. He might want NY, there are positive signs pointing to NY, however as you know it’s an I will believe it when I see it with the Jets. 

McCown is a factor.  Will vouch for Sam.

2nd overall, Seattle's first next year, Darnold, and a 3rd.

Allows Houston to trade down for more assets, get a young QB in return, and save face by not having to trade with the Fins who made them look like fools.

If they say no then let them find a better offer.

This is cool and all but I'm still hoping they don't get caught up and give them all the prime picks we have to build the rest of the roster.

Completely cool with run it back with Sam and depending on the cost prefer it.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, y2k8 said:

IF Watson truly wants to come to the Jets, Joe Douglas has all the leverage. 

No need to rush.  No need to negotiate against himself.

This is the Texans problem, not ours. 

Let them sell low. 

Give them the #2 pick and Darnold.

That's it. Take it or leave it.

Im a bad negotiator but your desire for a deal is risking losing out and him being a fish

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

https://www.fantasyalarm.com/player-news/1955853/deshaun-watson-saves-night-with-garbage-time-tds/

One example of how garbage time stats can compile. Over the course of a season it can rasily move a QB up at least 10 spots.

Against the Chiefs, many QB's have padded garbage time stats.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

this is a good point....they has what 11 games to watch and evaluate him in his rookie year? We have has 3 years to watch Sammy...that is not apples to apples. Why would miami sell the farm when they already last year drafted a kid they totally loved after seeing him in only 11 games? why give up on him so fast? if he isnt that bad to give up on him so quickly then why in the hell would anyone else want him in a trade?

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

So, I think it’s fun as a GM to advocate patience and building through the draft, and building a culture, etc., but then when you have a chance to get an extremely elusive, yet central piece to any team-building program, you throw all of that happy talk sh*t out and you sell your wife and children to get a 25 year old QB who, for some reason, wants to join your dog-ass team. The alternative is that you build the team up, go 7-9 for three years, and pray to God a QB emerges from your program, which is how you get to be an ex-GM

Its truly a generational happenstance that a talent of the calibre, and at the age of DW would ever even become available. This is the time to pivot from your well intentioned plan and execute a franchise altering addition. He is the guy that you are hoping the other guy you want, turns into. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1