DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

The real problem with the Dolphins is that they'd be getting the 3rd QB off the board.

Lawrence goes #1, then we either take a QB, or flip the pick to a team that does.

Yes, a problem, but not the real one. The real one is how can they give up Watson for the pick that they traded away and got schooled in the process by the Dolphins. No way will that happen unless they want to look like fools to their fan base and city. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

I have a feeling that Woody being a little TRUMPet will probably make him choose Miami in the end.

I honestly think it will make 0% difference 

The Jets might be the most “Person of Color Friendly” org in the NFL

(Don’t mean to equate DT with Color but most people will so that why I said it like that) 

31 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Respectfully, nobody thought Cutler was nearly as good and it was all downhill from there.

People also forget that Cutler only requested to be traded when the Broncos were actively trying to trade him... 

28 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

His beef is with the owner, I don't think Cal McNair is selling the team anytime soon. 

They have a huge task on their hands. I'm sure Culley is great and can bring a great culture but that's a tough situation to deal with right off the bat when your star QB wants out and then probably JJ Watt is right there with him. 

Isn't next years QB class supposed to be a down year and a lot weaker then this one? 

This is what they want you to believe. There is no real beef other than Deshaun does not want to play for an organization destined for a 3-4 year rebuild. He does not want to become Matthew Stafford. Hard to blame him. What leaves a bad taste in the mouth personally is that (1) his reps got him to sign a contract 5 months ago without warning him of this possibility; and (2) they're using racial narratives as their reasoning for wanting a trade, when it really has nothing to do with race and everything to do with not wanting to play for a rebuilding team. Jets may look like a rebuild to us, but people around the NFL see a fast turnaround. That's why we've seen the sentiment that player's want to come here spreading throughout the Senior Bowl... Douglas is respected, Saleh is respected, our coaches are respected, and most importantly, we have CASH FLOW

A rebuilding team isn't always going to draft the QB in the first year of the rebuild. Many times it happens after they get a head-start in building it back up. The Texans know first hand how disastrously things can go when putting a rookie QB into a rebuilding environment (see David Carr).  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Weird to me both Schefter and Mort have somewhat implied Jets won't be getting him. That knowledge + assuming JD isn't the type to overpay esp with premium draft positions makes me think its probably unlikely the Jets win this auction unless Watson is very stubborn/adamant about going to Jets (can't see it) and Houston is very dumb (maybe!). 

So no expectations, and if it happens - a very pleasant surprise! However that will not stop me from binge refreshing...

Mortensen and Schefter live and die off of information handed to them by blue-blood agencies, and Mulugheta is not one of those. They’re so far removed from this story that neither of them even knew that Watson requested the trade weeks ago. If the Jets consummate a deal for Watson, they’ll both do their usual “Well, in a bit of a surprise move/ this all came together over the last 24 hours or so” bit to cover their asses.  

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Yes, a problem, but not the real one. The real one is how can they give up Watson for the pick that they traded away and got schooled in the process by the Dolphins. No way will that happen unless they want to look like fools to their fan base and city. 

But they can spin it as they are correcting the mistakes the previous regime made and we got our pick back.  Yes, nothing can repair the damage of trading Watson but at this point get what you can regardless.  

3 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Not sure who this is, but he references Shannon Sharpe believing the Jets are "heavy favorites" for Deshaun Watson

So, every player so far is saying it’ll be the Jets, but Mortensen, who does Leigh Steinberg’s laundry, doesn’t think it’s the Jets

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Man I swear if Watson goes to another team and the price is like 2 first rounders and change JD is in big trouble 

Watson has a no trade clause and gets to decide where he lands. Thee 49ers are set up to win now, and Texas would certainly welcome a Jimmy G trade.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one is denying that Deshaun is an awesome person and cares a lot about his community. 

People are criticizing him/his reps for their handling of the "trade"... 

Fact: he wanted out after hearing word around the league that the Texans were the least desired coaching destination in football. It wasn't all the nonsense that his agents concocted to feed through media channels. He wants to abandon ship because he didn't want to become the next Matt Stafford. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

You've got Mort, Schefter, and whatever the Texans FO is feeding you.

We've got all former players with connections, plus Vegas.  

Sounds like a stalemate at the moment.  

I'm just joking around... None of this matters, He's not getting traded.

If Vegas were always right, I wouldn't have taken them to the woodshed this year. Fact is they hedge, just like the market, and they set odds to entice people to bet. 

You want my advise? Bet Houston. 

36 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

JD strikes me as a guy with a plan. And is unlikely to skew from that plan. He might offer something but he’s not getting into a bidding war. 

I agree that he likely has a plan, but I would expect him to be prepared to amend that plan as circumstances change, and availability of a guy like Watson is certainly worthy of changing a plan.  I would hope he will have an initial offer in mind and a "walk away" price as well.  Agree that he should not get into a bidding war and go above what he thinks is prudent.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, football guy said:

I'm very confident he won't be traded prior to the draft. 

I can't imagine him being traded on draft day.

Just too big a move to make that late in the game.  

If he's getting traded it'll be before the draft.  I'm sure he's going to have a sit down with his new HC and things might very well turn around after that meeting.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I would just trade for Watson as soon as possible, and then move Darnold in a subsequent trade.  3-team deals are pretty rare in the NFL.  

This. 

I do think it will effectively be a three team trade, There is a good chance that whatever the Jets get Darnold will basically be forwarded to Houston.

If it actually happened weeks ago this hire seems to be an acknowledgement that they don’t expect to keep him 

Still

What kind of team can you put around him after trading 3 picks for Sam and probably 3 for him?

Didn’t he win 4 games last season?

20 minutes ago, chad2coles said:

Or Jamal Adams, a 1st and a 2nd.

Welcome aboard Chad

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

I agree that he likely has a plan, but I would expect him to be prepared to amend that plan as circumstances change, and availability of a guy like Watson is certainly worthy of changing a plan.  I would hope he will have an initial offer in mind and a "walk away" price as well.  Agree that he should not get into a bidding war and go above what he thinks is prudent.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We fleeced the hawks on adams an overrated box safety, he has nothing to do with this, other than to make people think it is a better deal than it may be.

Adams is a top 10 pass rusher in the league.  We fleeced no one.  That's the going rate for a top pass rusher.

It was fair value for sure, but nothing more or less.  All I keep hearing around here is how we have to draft a pass rusher in the first round, even though our offense has the least talent in the NFL.  That's how desperate a need it is to most.

We gave up a sure thing for potential.  

19 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

What did Shefter and Mort say?

Schefter to Greeny - don't get your hopes up. If you watch the clip he is saying it in kind of a smug "I know something you don't way" 

Mort said this: 

I dunno - its probably nothing or as others have said they're just grasping like everyone else. But I've been following this close and both seem to only be saying the Jets aren't as big as everyone else seems to think with a wink wink nod nod thing. If it was anyone else but Schefter I'd blow it off but when Schefter says something I listen - F mort. I wonder if they know the Jets won't mortgage the farm. 

3 hours ago, prime21 said:

And now we can officially talk about it for 100 plus pages.

In a 100 different threads. It's like getting 5 different catalogues from the same company with your name spelled slightly wrong on all of them. What are the odds of 5 different people with different variants of the same name living at the same address? Zero. What was this about again?

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

image.thumb.png.a742a672bcf666d06c1bf6a0ab35a89d.png

ESPN is saying this is all we need to give up! If that’s the deal it’s a no brainer. You still have a 1st round pick next year, plus you still got pick 34 this year

The #2, with a potential franchise QB, has to be worth 3 first round picks.  

I say #3, #1 next year (highest) and maybe 2023 #1 or later picks.