DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meh, we know about 10% of what's going on there.  When franchise legends come out and support Watson, encouraging him to leave and saying that Houston is a toxic dumpster fire, there is probably something to it.  Maybe it looks like a "primadonna" act but we dont know what's going on behind closed doors.  Like, he's not doing Jamal Adams type sh*t, dragging the franchise/coach through the mud, etc. He's just doing this all through his agent.  That said, I dont blame either players, honestly...but it's also why I dont think the Jets stand a chance.  Why would he leave one sh*t hole for another?

Apparently he likes Saleh.  And, maybe being in NY means something to him?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I would just trade for Watson as soon as possible, and then move Darnold in a subsequent trade.  3-team deals are pretty rare in the NFL.  

I do think you’d get less for Darnold if you wait.

By no means do I think you hold up the Watson deal to pull off a three team trade with Darnold, but I think you at least try and see if something happens to come together quickly.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, football guy said:

Plenty of players have requested trades and haven't gotten them, especially players to the magnitude of Deshaun. And if they do pivot, they will prioritize NFC teams first... this will be approached as a long-term, 3-4 year rebuild. Future picks would arguably have just as much value as current picks... the trade value chart is a framework, it's not gospel. Teams factor in their rebuild timelines to valuate future draft picks, 

Players with the "magnitude of Deshaun" is quite the condition to set for players who requested getting & then got traded, since there are hardly any players in the league who'd qualify as having Watson's magnitude with or without a trade request.

Here are some non-QBs

• Jamal Adams
  • Trent Williams
  • Khalil Mack requested an extension or a trade
  • Same with Ngakoue, though I think by the end he didn't even want an extension from Jacksonville
  • Dickerson
  • Bettis
  • Randy Moss

Then the QBs.

• Stafford right now
  • Favre
  • Carson Palmer
  • Elway threatened to play minor league baseball for the Yankees
  • Eli threatened to re-enter the draft in 2005
  • Montana (though he was well into his 30s)
  • Cutler, after spending just 5 minutes with Josh McDaniel

I'm sure there's plenty more.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Still have a lot of cap space, plus likely a 2nd for trading Sam.

Free agency dream:  Allen Robinson and Thuney.

Offense much improved with those 3.

Defense is already getting better with Mosely back.

That still leaves the draft (with two 2nd round picks), and roughly 20 mil in cap space.

The Texans are going to start at Herschel walker and watsons agent will want a 10 year extension 

you’ve got 10 owners in veruca salt mode and everyone knows it

the price tag will be astronomical 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

The Texans are going to start at Herschel walker and watsons agent will want a 10 year extension 

Three 1sts is a lot, but I don't mind it.  Watson is that good.

And this from someone happy to stick with Sam while building a great team around him.

Can't ignore this opportunity though.  Perfect timing with a great young QB available, while we have tons of draft capital to get the deal done.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

^^^Advocated giving Jamal Adams $20 million per year and thought the Jets got “fleeced” by Seattle in the Adams deal.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

Three firsts and do it today - the Jets basically pick Deshaun Watson with their 1s this year and giving one away from next year means we still have a normal set of picks next draft... this is really that easy.

Watson wants to be here and nobody can match our picks unless JAX comes into the picture but Houston is not about to trade in the division 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Agree. Jets have the advantage. What If Jets offer #2 and #23 over the Fish #3 and #18. Seems Fish offer may be slightly better there but this would force Jets hand to more than likely take Fields or Wilson @ #2.  Texans may have their heart set on one or the other. They obviously are taking one of these two if they trade Watson. Trading Watson to the Jets gives Texans choice as what QB they want to invest in. 

It's not really higher, but points-wise even if it was higher, that chart is a guideline not a rigid/mandated value. It doesn't account for QBs way up top, and over-values those top few picks when there are none. Once Lawrence is off the board, after dealing with the public mess regarding the Watson trade, even if 3+18 was a bit higher than 2+23, Houston's not going to worry about a theoretical point difference it means not getting their preferred QB to lead them out of this mess. 

Whether they're evenly ranked or not, it's not likely the team will view them equally. They'll certainly have a preference, and it's hard to imagine they risk losing their preferred young FQB prospect right after they gave up their preferred young FQB veteran.

#2 is worth a lot more than #3 if a team wants to trade up and has a clear preference which QB they get to draft. Only Maccagnan would fork over so much to trade up and say, "Meh, I'm good with whatever leftover prospect is there."

Actually Maccagnan, and Bradway years earlier when he traded up to #4 before he knew who was going to be there.

But most won't do that, and it seems likely that - assuming he is traded - Houston isn't waiting until the FA period is over.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

https://www.fantasyalarm.com/player-news/1955853/deshaun-watson-saves-night-with-garbage-time-tds/

1) One example of how garbage time stats can compile. Over the course of a season it can rasily move a QB up at least 10 spots.

2) we agree

3) Jamal Adams says hi

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If you go back and look at the game logs from last year the Chiefs game was one of two games in which he scored "garbage time" touchdowns (2 TDs).  The Packers game (1 TD) was the other.  He scored 3 TDs in garbage time over the entire season.  He also tallied approximately an extra 350 yards passing during garbage time.  If you remove the 350 yards, that would drop him down to 5th.  But if you applied the same rules for the other top 4 QBs ahead of him, Watson would end up 2nd behind Mahomes.  

What is even more interesting is his 1st half vs 2nd half stats:

1st half: 194/285 68.1% 2449 yards, 13 TDs, 3 INT

2nd half: 188/259 72.6% 2374 yards, 20 TDs, 4 INT

He just became a more efficient passer in the 2nd half of games.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Then what...sell next year for less? What's gonna change?

optics. fanbase tolerance for getting rid of him. Watson tune could change...  a lot of things. I'm not saying its "the way to go" but you as a organization you don't want to start setting precedencedences of losing your Franchise QB you just resigned because he has a bruised vagina. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

If it actually happened weeks ago this hire seems to be an acknowledgement that they don’t expect to keep him 

Still

What kind of team can you put around him after trading 3 picks for Sam and probably 3 for him?

Didn’t he win 4 games last season?

Are we still asking this question? 90 mil in FA money (after cuts), at least two second rounders (Sam), two third rounders, the rest of the picks on day 3. So, that could be Allen Robinson, Thuney or next best guard, Lattimore? in FA, Maybe an Edge, OL with two second rounders, WR, RB with two third rounders, plus the other picks. Is that not enough for Watson? He gets to throw to Robinson, Mims, Crowder, Herndon, rookie, maybe Perriman. 3 RBs, two new players at guard/center to form possibly a strength of the team. Mosely is coming back too. How many more players can you fit on a team anyhow? That's a big change.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

****Correction***

A push? sure. STRONG push... cmon

Look, i don't know jack sh*t about what's really going on under the sheets. But what i do know is what the Texans would NEED in order to save face is NOT what Joe will pay. That's my projected assessment.

The Pendulum has spoken. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think Brees just hangs it up. An outside possibility of Indianapolis, I guess, but he's got nothing left to prove. Unless he just wants to finish #1 in passing yards, and stays in the league as long as Brady does, seeing how they're neck & neck, but I don't know that it's so important to him. 

Saints tank for a year, with 30 guys on the roster making UDFA money.  They could go 0-16.  Spend and build for two years, draft your guy, and away you go.  Until they do something about the QB position and how much money a QB will make, this league will probably turn into who can win with a QB on his rookie deal. 

The easy way out is obvious: Pay one player each year off-book whatever they want.  Then, you build a team with whatever the cap money.  It will always be a QB, except for the 4-5 years you have a rookie starter on a rookie deal.  

• Haha 1