DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

Ive changed my stance on Watson, as the initial reporting wasn't telling the entire story.

But, bringing him in will guarantee Saleh will not be fired for the next 10- 15 years.  He will have best job security in sports before he has coached a down. Just hope you all realize this

Ok.

And.....?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I really have no idea why the fear of Darnold succeeding elsewhere exceeds the fear of missing out on a franchise QB for Jets fans.

The former (Jets QB failing here but succeeding elsewhere) has never happened.  The latter has happened several times.  The Jets could have had Peyton Manning, traded up 1 spot for Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Pat Mahomes or Deshaun Watson, but passed on all of these in lieu of the presence of another, usually sh*tty QB already on the roster.  

It's maddening.

watching i see you GIF

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

Ive changed my stance on Watson, as the initial reporting wasn't telling the entire story.

But, bringing him in will guarantee Saleh will not be fired for the next 10- 15 years.  He will have best job security in sports before he has coached a down. Just hope you all realize this

But that’s a good thing, no? 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Nah. Expectations will be high if we have Watson. Saleh comes in with high expectations, big salary space, a GM who is believed to know what he is doing, and his own coaching staff. If he falls on his face out the gate, people will form a mob to demand his head. 10 years? Not even close. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Douglas should trade Darnold to the 49ers tonight and set the world on fire.

I wish there was one of those "all in" gifs for Watson like there was for Trevor Lawrence.

In lieu of that I will use this one instead:

tenor.gif?itemid=15010708

I also like this one, cuz that chick bad

source.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Firing coaches has gone so well before. 

22 minutes ago, pointman said:

We are not far from some really exciting football. 

No.  Not in this very different off-season.

There will be quality players available in free agency.  Add a strong guard and T, the best WR, draft a RB with 34 (assuming you gave away 2 and 23)

Roll with whatever defense we already have...

With Watson and a couple of breaks (like Mims stays healthy) It will be the first time this team is truly competitive in 5 years.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JetsRevival said:

If you would be willing to take a rookie QB at #2 and not use it for a top 5 bonafide franchise QB on a team friendly deal for the next 4 years then this statement is invalid.

No, it is not. The comparison of 2 overall for say Wilson on a rookie contract, and using 2 among other #1 picks is really not clear cut in favor of Watson like you think, in fact I think it is behind.

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think expecting the worst starting QB in the NFL the past three years to be a top 10 QB is quite likely a pipe dream.

He'll be better under someone not names Gase......but if he's ranked 23rd instead of 31st, is that really something to get excited about?

I've asked it now for years:  Is Sam Darnold a 4,500 yard, 30+ TD, >10 INT, 70%+ type of Quarterback? 

Do you really think that Sam is a top 10 QB just waiting to be given.......sigh.......time, and weapons?

Yeah, this.

If Sam Darnold were capable of being great, we'd have seen it.  Many times over.

At this point, maybe a new coach and system can get him to "okay."

Even our super insider football genius admitted that Ryan Fitzpatrick is sort of the upside now.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

No, it is not. The comparison of 2 overall for say Wilson on a rookie contract, and using 2 among other #1 picks is really not clear cut in favor of Watson like you think, in fact I think it is behind.

Yes it is, because of the >50 % chance Wilson, or any other prospects taken after a trade down, will fail, or come well short of the value Watson provides.  

Draft picks come with inherently very high risk, which has to be baked into the equation.  A rock solid top 5 QB just entering his prime is very low risk.  Especially since Watson would be reasonably priced on arrival.  We'd be paying the 2nd most valuable player in the league about $29M per year on average.  That's a bargain. 

Meanwhile, eventually, even a rookie QB on a cheap rookie deal will have to get paid a large amount some day IF he works out.  A contract that would far exceed what Watson costs against the cap.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nothing is more valuable than an elite, young QB.  The # 2 pick would be used by somebody to find a QB they hope to be nearly as good as Watson, either by us or another team who trades up.

I would amend this to nothing is more valuable than an elite, young QB on a rookie contract. History has shown this. Again the value, opportunity costs, salary cap implications and team building options does not make the comparison simple at all.

9 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Nonsense 

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Loss aversion bias.

Or, as many scholars have started calling it, "We have to see what we have in Hackenberg"

Optimism Bias, Confirmation Bias, Projection Bias, Impact Bias, Sunk Cost Bias, System Justification Theory, Loss Aversion Bias, Pessimism Bias, etc, etc, etc.....

Wrap it all up in a healthy does of the Gamblers Fallacy and some tasty Dunning–Kruger, and you have "The Way of the Jets Sports Fan".

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Yeah, this.

If Sam Darnold were capable of being great, we'd have seen it.  Many times over.

At this point, maybe a new coach and system can get him to "okay."

Even our super insider football genius admitted that Ryan Fitzpatrick is sort of the upside now.

I wouldn't bet on Sam having anywhere near the success that that journeyman has/had. 

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I would amend this to nothing is more valuable than an elite, young QB on a rookie contract. History has shown this. Again the value, opportunity costs, salary cap implications and team building options does not make the comparison simple at all.

But you can't assume the QB we draft will be elite.  Not at all.  You're talking about something like a 20 % chance at best, with a 50 % bust rate and the other 30 % chance that he'll be good but nowhere near as good as Watson.  So you're right that it's not so simple to value a rookie QB that high.  

Watson >>>>> # 2 pick in value

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes it is, because of the >50 % chance Wilson, or any other prospects taken after a trade down, will fail, or come well short of the value Watson provides.  

Also a false statement. #2 is worth so much because the failure rate at that position is MUCH lower than even at 3. Plus we have a system that is super QB friendly so we can be super competitive even with an average QB, like Garapollo. With all the picks we have and the new system in place all we need to happen is for Wilson or Fields to just be good.

I will make a prediction If we trade for Watson we will not make the playoffs for at least 3 years. No one seems to see how crippling the move is. I mean for goodness sake just look at Houston THIS year with Watson. It will not work.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Also a false statement. #2 is worth so much because the failure rate at that position is MUCH lower than even at 3. Plus we have a system that is super QB friendly so we can be super competitive even with an average QB, like Garapollo. With all the picks we have and the new system in place all we need to happen is for Wilson or Fields to just be good.

I will make a prediction If we trade for Watson we will not make the playoffs for at least 3 years. No one seems to see how crippling the move is. I mean for goodness sake just look at Houston THIS year with Watson. It will not work.

QB's are more volatile than other positions in the draft.  50 % is about right for the bust rate for QB's, even ones taken that high.  And even if he doesn't bust, there's at least an 80 % chance that the QB taken there won't come close to being as good as Watson.

At # 2, the Jets would be taking a QB, period.  If they choose not to, then they will trade down to someone who will.  So QB's are all that need to be considered when considering the value of # 2.

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

But half of their games weren't!! (And he was still a top 10 QB in the other 8 games)

LMAO. 

Worst argument ever. 

What makes his argument worse is that 8 games they lost by 8 points or less, they won 4 games, and 4 games they lost by more than 8. They lost to Kansas City by 14, Baltimore by 17, Green Bay by 15, and they were clobbered by the Bears by 29 but Watson only threw for 219 in that game so he certainly wasn’t padding his stats in that game.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Hypothetical 

Jets trade for Watson the package whatever it is includes the #2 pick.

Draft day Jaguars drop a bomb and pass on Lawrence.

Are you pissed, or nah Watson all the way?

Not at all.

Ask again in 5 years when Lawrence is as advertised.

You trade for Watson, you're getting an elite QB at 25 years old.

You draft Lawrence, you get an elite prospect at 22 (or whatever he is, not looking it up).

We've seen plenty of elite prospects fail.

• Upvote 4