DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Is that real or just a rumor?

And I think he was saying Shanahan needs an elite QB to win (just like any coach/system needs in today's NFL).  Not that he would pass on an elite QB because he can win with an average QB. 

I think some wanna be story breakers are gambling on reporting it’s going down without actually knowing - hoping to hit the piñata 

but, Stafford is likely heading there. Both sides are talking. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Michael Kay said he got a DM from a Houston media guy, saying that Watson’s “media manager” pushing him toward it due to the idea he can be the face of the franchise and the endorsement opportunities that NYC has.

Not for nothing but he can that anywhere. That whole NYC argument is stupid.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, pointman said:

Nah. Expectations will be high if we have Watson. Saleh comes in with high expectations, big salary space, a GM who is believed to know what he is doing, and his own coaching staff. If he falls on his face out the gate, people will form a mob to demand his head. 10 years? Not even close. 

Firing Saleh at any point would lead to Watson shooting his way outta here.  Thats what we are signing up for

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

Firing Saleh at any point would lead to Watson shooting his way outta here.  Thats what we are signing up for

Nah. Watson isn't dating Saleh, or the father of his child. Plus, if Saleh gets canned.. it probably means we got a whole lot more issues. Watson wants out of Houston for their continued ineptitude and the moron nobody running that franchise. At least our moron running the franchise is kind of liked by the players. 

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I really have no idea why the fear of Darnold succeeding elsewhere exceeds the fear of missing out on a franchise QB for Jets fans.

The former (Jets QB failing here but succeeding elsewhere) has never happened.  The latter has happened several times.  The Jets could have had Peyton Manning, traded up 1 spot for Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Pat Mahomes or Deshaun Watson, but passed on all of these in lieu of the presence of another, usually sh*tty QB already on the roster.  

It's maddening.

Remember when Chip Kelly was going to make Mark Sanchez elite?

@T0mShane

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, pointman said:

Nah. Watson isn't dating Saleh, or the father of his child. Plus, if Saleh gets canned.. it probably means we got a whole lot more issues. Watson wants out of Houston for their continued ineptitude and the moron nobody running that franchise. At least our moron running the franchise is kind of liked by the players. 

WHy does he want to come here?

7 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Not for nothing but he can that anywhere. That whole NYC argument is stupid.

You’re right.  But his media manager is pushing NY.  He instantly becomes the best player in the NY market for football teams.  He becomes the best QB the Jets have ever had.  

Just now, DetroitRed said:

WHy does he want to come here?

Location location location. Might not mean anything to you, but New York City means a hell of a lot to a ton of people. Many not jaded by being here are clamoring to get here. Plus, we have great facilities. Ownership is pro player. Joe Douglas isn't a dickhead (yet). Former players sing our praises. We have cap space and most likely will take input from our franchise QB. And the bagels here are incredible. Don't forget the sausage egg and cheese either. Saleh is a piece of the puzzle, not the whole damn board. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

To get Watson, they'd have to send all FOUR of their first-round picks and both seconds over the next two years PLUS Sam Darnold.

i read this just now and if true i'd pass

I'm still in, and aroused, if that's truly what it takes and the Jets aren't just bidding against themselves.

Luckily it wouldn't be.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

To get Watson, they'd have to send all FOUR of their first-round picks and both seconds over the next two years PLUS Sam Darnold.

i read this just now and if true i'd pass

Half of that is probably as high as I would go.

Two first and one second.  Including #2 overall and #34...and I would even offer the higher of our two 1st next year. Any more than that and I roll with Wilson/Fields/Lance...

And sure, they can have Sam too.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i read this just now and if true i'd pass. getting watson would be great, but whats the point if you take away all your ability to build a strong team around him? 

nope – SOAK – Oregon Regional Burn

5 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i read this just now and if true i'd pass. getting watson would be great, but whats the point if you take away all your ability to build a strong team around him? 

If that's true, then yeah, nope. Douglas would never give that up anyway. 

But somehow, if Watson does get dealt, I don't think that will be the final price.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

QB's are more volatile than other positions in the draft.  50 % is about right for the bust rate for QB's, even ones taken that high.  And even if he doesn't bust, there's at least an 80 % chance that the QB taken there won't come close to being as good as Watson.

At # 2, the Jets would be taking a QB, period.  If they choose not to, then they will trade down to someone who will.  So QB's are all that need to be considered when considering the value of # 2.

The value of the #2 pick and the value of Watson are independent of each other. Just because many seem to want Watson desparately does not make it a generic 1st round pic. The reality is that the #2 itself is worth as much as many teams 3 1sts would be 

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

The value of the #2 pick and the value of Watson are independent of each other. Just because many seem to want Watson desparately does not make it a generic 1st round pic. The reality is that the #2 itself is worth as much as many teams 3 1sts would be 

Watson's value is priceless, because you can't win a title without one of a short list of elite QB's.  Watson would make that list, and he isn't even in his prime yet.  So three "standard" 1st rounders still falls well short.  

Just ask the Chiefs what it would take to get Mahomes right now.  10 first rounders wouldn't be enough.  Watson is just a notch below that level in terms of value.  He's the 2nd most valuable asset in the entire league.