DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

10 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

To get Watson, they'd have to send all FOUR of their first-round picks and both seconds over the next two years PLUS Sam Darnold.

i read this just now and if true i'd pass. getting watson would be great, but whats the point if you take away all your ability to build a strong team around him? 

Ya ok

6 minutes ago, pointman said:

Location location location. Might not mean anything to you, but New York City means a hell of a lot to a ton of people. Many not jaded by being here are clamoring to get here. Plus, we have great facilities. Ownership is pro player. Joe Douglas isn't a dickhead (yet). Former players sing our praises. We have cap space and most likely will take input from our franchise QB. And the bagels here are incredible. Don't forget the sausage egg and cheese either. Saleh is a piece of the puzzle, not the whole damn board. 

He was pushing the Texans to hire Saleh and now he wants to follow him here.  So the Jets are basically telling Saleh , you’re here until Watson Retires 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Watson's value is priceless, because you can't win a title without one of a short list of elite QB's.  So three "standard" 1st rounders still falls well short.  

Just ask the Chiefs what it would take to get Mahomes right now.  10 first rounders wouldn't be enough.  Watson is just a notch below that level in terms of value.  He's the 2nd most valuable asset in the entire league.

Can't discount that Mahomes has an elite supporting cast as well, though.

8 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

To get Watson, they'd have to send all FOUR of their first-round picks and both seconds over the next two years PLUS Sam Darnold.

i read this just now and if true i'd pass. getting watson would be great, but whats the point if you take away all your ability to build a strong team around him? 

What is the source. One of the Houston beat writers is posting ludicrous trades like this. I can say with 100% certainty, JD would not do this. Tannenbaum might and even Woody might need to be talked down from it, but JD is a guy that went nuclear over losing a 4th rounder for Jay Ajai because it completely messed up his draft plans.

Also, Houston has NO leverage in this situation at this point. In the end it might be shocking how little Houston gets.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Can't discount that Mahomes has an elite supporting cast as well, though.

I can.  He's a top 3 QB with any team.  The Chiefs just did a great job building around him.  That's a credit to the Chiefs.  It's not a strike against Mahomes.

Would he be any less valuable if he was, say, with the Jaguars, but only made it to a pair of Conference Title games rather than the Super Bowl?  Of course not.  

Meanwhile, if you're going to bring up the supporting cast, I get to bring up the fact that Andy Reid thought so highly of Mahomes as a prospect, he traded up to get him and then dumped Alex Smith, even though Smith was coming off a career year and no one else had any idea of what Mahomes was capable of yet.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Especially when you have 4 first over the next two years...and #34 this year..

And you have to put a 1st into a QB anyway.  It really is basically 2 first as a premium, as whatever QB we would have taken at 2 is a wash with DW.

I do believe the only real challenge for him is Miami.  #2 overall is simply too much a draw for Houston to walk away from except is it’s #3.

The difference between pick #2 and #3 is huge in my opinion.  #2 allows you to take the best QB remaining.  If you trade for #3 you are at the mercy of the Jets who need a QB sitting at #2 or will trade that pick to a team that needs a QB.  #2 guarantees you get your guy.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I can.  He's a top 3 QB with any team.  The Chiefs just did a great job building around him.  Would he be any less valuable if he was, say, with the Browns, but only made it to a pair of Conference Title games rather than the Super Bowl?  Of course not.  

Meanwhile, if you're going to bring up the supporting cast, I get to bring up the fact that Andy Reid thought so highly of Mahomes as a prospect, he traded up to get him and then dumped Alex Smith, even though Smith was coming off a career year and no one else had any idea of what Mahomes was capable of yet.

People saying Mahomes is just good because of Tyreek or anyone else is insane, stupid, jealous.. or all of the above. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, pointman said:

People saying Mahomes is just good because of Tyreek or anyone else is insane, stupid, jealous.. or all of the above. 

Yep.  And meanwhile, Deshaun Watson just had a top 5 season playing for a dumpster fire organization and with Will Fuller as his WR1.  But we're not allowed to talk about that, because QB's are only good if their circumstances are good, in all situations.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  And meanwhile, Deshaun Watson just had a top 5 season playing for a dumpster fire organization and with Will Fuller as his WR1.  But we're not allowed to talk about that, because QB's are only good if their circumstances are good, in all situations.

Should also point out that the Chiefs skill positions players were all drafted in Round Three or later, other than Helaire 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JetsRevival said:

The difference between pick #2 and #3 is huge in my opinion.  #2 allows you to take the best QB remaining.  If you trade for #3 you are at the mercy of the Jets who need a QB sitting at #2 or will trade that pick to a team that needs a QB.  #2 guarantees you get your guy.

No doubt, but...

If they have Fields and Wilson close, and...

The Fish offer an extra first round pick...

It might be the better move.  Really does depend on how they have those two ranked.  If there's a big gap either way - then for sure 2 vs 3 is a big deal.

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

Watson tore both Acl, broke his collar bone, injured his back and sprained his LCL. Before the Tunsil trade he was the most hit qb over 2 seasons.

he's 25 going on 40 and his salary is so high, the Texans should be giving us picks, NBA salary dump style 

And then threw for 5000 yds.

Congratulations.  This may be your worst post ever.   I know you’ve been really trying!

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Watson's value is priceless, because you can't win a title without one of a short list of elite QB's.  Watson would make that list, and he isn't even in his prime yet.  So three "standard" 1st rounders still falls well short.  

Just ask the Chiefs what it would take to get Mahomes right now.  10 first rounders wouldn't be enough.  Watson is just a notch below that level in terms of value.  He's the 2nd most valuable asset in the entire league.

How did he do on a crappy team this year? He is not a magical bullet. He is a piece and you lose a FUGGTON of other peices if you trade for him. Watson and current roster= bad. Watson and no high drafts picks = bad. We have so many holes that he is just not the answer. If we had a solid core, and a bad QB fine. But we have a crappy core minus maybe 3 or 4 plays, something in the 20s of players even under non-futures contracts and a mediocre QB. If we do some ludicrous #2 and 3 or 4 more high round picks we finish last next year. The following year with no real high draft picks and the full force of Watson's cap hit we finish last. To be competitive we need to hit on probably 8-10 draft picks. If all our ones are gone that never happens. Personally I think JD and Saleh has a plan and will stick to it, unless the asking price for Watson is way lower than anything people are proposing and does not include #2

14 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

What is the source. One of the Houston beat writers is posting ludicrous trades like this. I can say with 100% certainty, JD would not do this. Tannenbaum might and even Woody might need to be talked down from it, but JD is a guy that went nuclear over losing a 4th rounder for Jay Ajai because it completely messed up his draft plans.

Also, Houston has NO leverage in this situation at this point. In the end it might be shocking how little Houston gets.

marc ross