DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I can.  He's a top 3 QB with any team.  The Chiefs just did a great job building around him.  That's a credit to the Chiefs.  It's not a strike against Mahomes.

Would he be any less valuable if he was, say, with the Jaguars, but only made it to a pair of Conference Title games rather than the Super Bowl?  Of course not.  

Meanwhile, if you're going to bring up the supporting cast, I get to bring up the fact that Andy Reid thought so highly of Mahomes as a prospect, he traded up to get him and then dumped Alex Smith, even though Smith was coming off a career year and no one else had any idea of what Mahomes was capable of yet.

kelce and hill were there before mahoomes, the team was good before he got there with alex smith.

They did not build around mahommes, they added mahommes to a mostly built team.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

How did he do on a crappy team this year? He is not a magical bullet. He is a piece and you lose a FUGGTON of other peices if you trade for him. Watson and current roster= bad. Watson and no high drafts picks = bad. We have so many holes that he is just not the answer. If we had a solid core, and a bad QB fine. But we have a crappy core minus maybe 3 or 4 plays, something in the 20s of players even under non-futures contracts and a mediocre QB. If we do some ludicrous #2 and 3 or 4 more high round picks we finish last next year. The following year with no real high draft picks and the full force of Watson's cap hit we finish last. To be competitive we need to hit on probably 8-10 draft picks. If all our ones are gone that never happens. Personally I think JD and Saleh has a plan and will stick to it, unless the asking price for Watson is way lower than anything people are proposing and does not include #2

He put up top 5 QB numbers.  Because he's an elite QB.  I want an elite QB on the Jets.  That idea gives me boners.  Because you can't win a title without one.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

kelce and hill were there before mahoomes, the team was good before he got there with alex smith.

They did not build around mahommes, they added mahoomes to a mostly built team.

At least spell his name properly if you're going to try to make a cogent argument.  

And you're right:  Those weapons were there before Mahomes.  So why are they in their 2nd straight Super Bowl with Mahomes?  I don't recall seeing them in Super Bowls with Alex Smith.  Maybe my memory is bad though.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

To get Watson, they'd have to send all FOUR of their first-round picks and both seconds over the next two years plus Sam Darnold.

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

Watson tore both Acl, broke his collar bone, injured his back and sprained his LCL. Before the Tunsil trade he was the most hit qb over 2 seasons.

he's 25 going on 40

The Texans will take Zach Wilson, Sam Darnold, Next Year's #1, and Next Year's #2 and like it.

The ball isn't in the Texans court.  It's in the Jets court.  We can live without Deshaun Watson.  They can't live without Zach Wilson.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

This is the best thing that could happen to the Texans.

A lousy 4 win team going no where with bad talent and no picks are going to be able to get a massive haul and start over.

Watson did them a favor.  Not just pick wise but pr wise.  He forced his way out, they did not want to trade him.

They will be much better off two years from now than they are now.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I can.  He's a top 3 QB with any team.  The Chiefs just did a great job building around him.  That's a credit to the Chiefs.  It's not a strike against Mahomes.

Would he be any less valuable if he was, say, with the Jaguars, but only made it to a pair of Conference Title games rather than the Super Bowl?  Of course not.  

Meanwhile, if you're going to bring up the supporting cast, I get to bring up the fact that Andy Reid thought so highly of Mahomes as a prospect, he traded up to get him and then dumped Alex Smith, even though Smith was coming off a career year and no one else had any idea of what Mahomes was capable of yet.

I was speaking moreso in the sense that you still need a team around Mahomes to win. Say a team gives up 10+ 1st round picks and/or more to get him, how are you properly building around him? Especially if he got traded to a bad team?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

This is the best thing that could happen to the Texans.

A lousy 4 win team going no where with bad talent and no picks are going to be able to get a massive haul and start over.

Watson did them a favor.  Not just pick wise but pr wise.  He forced his way out, they did not want to trade him.

They will be much better off two years from now than they are now.

Imagine they got Sam plus the 2 pick plus another 3 first round picks for us 

495B00E7-334F-4CEB-92B1-EFAAC2EF045F.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Players love to 'approve' of the guys they want to play with and then their agent says this other team is offering an extra year and 5 million more in guaranteed money.

Every singe year we have cap space and every year we slobber over all the Fa who are going to make us great and most of them have been utter flops.  Best use of Fa is to add that one or two pieces once you have built a team.

We shall see, I'll be very  surprised if the jets end up with Robinson and even one of the oline guys.

No doubt, but in the not so distant past we lost out on a number of FAs despite being the high bidder (including Robinson iirc).

I'm not saying because of these two we'd get a discount. More that if we're in the same ballpark with another team we'd get the nod.

And the time to do it is now, before they screw up in 2021 & the bloom's off the rose lol.

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'd offer the Texans our 2021 #23, a 2021 3rd round pick, our 2021 Seattle #1 pick, our own 2022 #1 and #3 Picks and Sam Darnold (QB).

Then I'd do everything possible to trade down out of #2 in 2021 to acquire a mid-1st in 2021 and a 1st in 2022. 

That's my plan as of today.

So:

Jets Offer:
2021 1st Round Pick #23
2021 3rd Round Pick
2022 1st Round Pick (Seattle)
2023 1st Round Pick
2023 3rd Round Pick
Sam Darnold (QB)

Texans Offer:
Deshaun Watson (QB)

Do you want to win or do you just like the idea of Deshaun Watson on your team. This offer a so foolish it's giving up the Jets entire team? How the hell do you plan on fielding 53?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Imagine they got Sam plus the 2 pick plus another 3 first round picks for us 

495B00E7-334F-4CEB-92B1-EFAAC2EF045F.jpeg

#2 overall pick is worth about 3 first rounders, plus three more 1st rounders two of which we have no clue where they will be, one or both could be top 10 picks.  Darnold is a non factor

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Our defense sucked last year outside of QW bra

Watson got stats in trash time. 

Our defense did suck.  And yet, it was better than the Texans.

They're a bad team who had a bad year.

How do you account for him doing well every year?  All garbage time?

• Upvote 2

Just now, Beerfish said:

#2 overall pick is worth about 3 first rounders, plus three more 1st rounders two of which we have no clue where they will be, one or both could be top 10 picks.  Darnold is a non factor

Everyone knows this hot mess of an organization ruined Sam.  He’s going to be even better than Tannehill after getting away from Gase

NFL rumors: Jets are favorites to trade for Texans’ Deshaun Watson but would have to pay historic bounty, insider says

Updated 3:27 PM; Today 3:14 PM 
deshaun watson

Houston Chronicle Texans beat reporter says the Jets are the only team who has the assets to acquire quarterback Deshaun Watson.(AP Photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack)

Facebook Share
Twitter Share

Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson has asked for a trade and according to a Texans beat reporter, the Jets are the only team that has the assets to trade for him.

Appearing on NFL Network Thursday, the Houston Chronicle’s John McClain reported the Texans are still saying they don’t want to trade Watson and that he is their quarterback of the future. But McClain said that if Watson becomes a distraction, the Texans’ stance on keeping the 25-year-old quarterback could change.

“If he goes out like James Harden and does what I call a scorched earth policy, where he shows up out of shape, doesn’t play, trashes his team, and does everything he can to get out, that could change,” McClain said. “To me, if he wants to be out, there’s only one team to trade him to, and that would be the Jets.

McClain said the reason the Jets make sense is that they have the second overall pick in this year’s draft.

“That would give Houston a chance at the second-best quarterback in the draft,” McClain said. “The Jets would have to pay the biggest price that has ever been paid for a quarterback because, in my 45 years of covering the NFL, I’ve never seen a situation like this.”

Watson had asked to be traded even before the Texans hired their new head coach, David Culley. Watson has made the Pro Bowl three out of his first four years in the NFL. Watson also led the league in passing yards (4,823) this season, despite having his No. 1 wide receiver, DeAndre Hopkins, traded to the Arizona Cardinals before the start of the season.

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Our defense did suck.  And yet, it was better than the Texans.

They're a bad team who had a bad year.

How do you account for him doing well every year?  All garbage time?

When you go 4-12 there’s plenty of garbage time in the 4th qtr to throw up the middle to Fuller facing preven

Just now, joewilly12 said:

NFL rumors: Jets are favorites to trade for Texans’ Deshaun Watson but would have to pay historic bounty, insider says

Updated 3:27 PM; Today 3:14 PM 
deshaun watson

Houston Chronicle Texans beat reporter says the Jets are the only team who has the assets to acquire quarterback Deshaun Watson.(AP Photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack)

Facebook Share
Twitter Share

Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson has asked for a trade and according to a Texans beat reporter, the Jets are the only team that has the assets to trade for him.

Appearing on NFL Network Thursday, the Houston Chronicle’s John McClain reported the Texans are still saying they don’t want to trade Watson and that he is their quarterback of the future. But McClain said that if Watson becomes a distraction, the Texans’ stance on keeping the 25-year-old quarterback could change.

“If he goes out like James Harden and does what I call a scorched earth policy, where he shows up out of shape, doesn’t play, trashes his team, and does everything he can to get out, that could change,” McClain said. “To me, if he wants to be out, there’s only one team to trade him to, and that would be the Jets.

McClain said the reason the Jets make sense is that they have the second overall pick in this year’s draft.

“That would give Houston a chance at the second-best quarterback in the draft,” McClain said. “The Jets would have to pay the biggest price that has ever been paid for a quarterback because, in my 45 years of covering the NFL, I’ve never seen a situation like this.”

Watson had asked to be traded even before the Texans hired their new head coach, David Culley. Watson has made the Pro Bowl three out of his first four years in the NFL. Watson also led the league in passing yards (4,823) this season, despite having his No. 1 wide receiver, DeAndre Hopkins, traded to the Arizona Cardinals before the start of the season.

I want Watson but at a reasonable price

Otherwise stay with Sam and draft a qb at 23

4 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Do you want to win or do you just like the idea of Deshaun Watson on your team. This offer a so foolish it's giving up the Jets entire team? How the hell do you plan on fielding 53?

Watson with a crap supporting cast won 2 more games than Sam

9F3F2333-34B1-4A4B-BF36-E9478326C0E9.jpeg.9fa617fbc745f5026959ce01808a4b48.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

When you go 4-12 there’s plenty of garbage time in the 4th qtr to throw up the middle to Fuller facing preven

That still doesn't account for the 7 INTs.

The other problem is, when your QB is Sam Darnold, garbage time starts well before the half.  Making it to the 4th quarter would be an improvement.

• Upvote 1