DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just for me personally, I think we should build up the OL and give Sweet Sammy another shot, we can always trade for a 25-year-old top-5 QB a year from now. JMO

MAKE EET HAPPEN JOE DOUGLAS AND STUFF @Matt39 INTO A LOCKER

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I want a long term winning franchise.

If you don't want Watson I question that. We haven't had a franchise QB in over 5 decades. Now that we can get one and build around him THIS year with all of our assets, people don't want him. Should we wait another 5 decades? He's only 25. Plus, we can't allow Miami to get him - we'll be screwed for another 10 years.

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He put up top 5 QB numbers.  Because he's an elite QB.  I want an elite QB on the Jets.  That idea gives me boners.  Because you can't win a title without one.

Call your doctor if it last more than 4 hours.

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Texans will take Zach Wilson, Sam Darnold, Next Year's #1, and Next Year's #2 and like it.

The ball isn't in the Texans court.  It's in the Jets court.  We can live without Deshaun Watson.  They can't live without Zach Wilson.

SAR I

I think you the Jets can keep next years 2 as well.  Maybe throw in this years Seattle's pick.

This year - Sam, #2 and Seattles 3rd round

Next year - Higher of the 1's

That's a win all around...and probably the most JD should offer.

• Upvote 2
52 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

No one else is going to be able to bid anything close to that, so that's not the price.

If I'm Carolina and I'm serious about bringing Watson in I'm offering #8, 2021 2nd, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, 2024 1st.  With the talent they already have those 3 other 1st round picks will likely be at least in the low 20's.  Especially with Brees gone soon. The Jets would have to beat something like that.

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Texans will take Zach Wilson, Sam Darnold, Next Year's #1, and Next Year's #2 and like it.

The ball isn't in the Texans court.  It's in the Jets court.  We can live without Deshaun Watson.  They can't live without Zach Wilson.

SAR I

there are plenty of options for them. the dolphins can offer them a pretty nice deal if they wanted to

30 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope 

One way 

Do not enter 

I mentioned sex toys. 

You have clearly identified them.

Nice try pal, we can smell our own. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, JetsRevival said:

If I'm Carolina and I'm serious about bringing Watson in I'm offering #8, 2021 2nd, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, 2024 1st.  With the talent they already have those 3 other 1st round picks will likely be at least in the low 20's.  Especially with Brees gone soon. The Jets would have to beat something like that.

Seriously? McCafferys touches are catching up to him & their D stinks & RA was burning that division until they figured out how to knock him off his routes. That’s why Samuel did so well at the end of the season. 

8 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

If you don't want Watson I question that. We haven't had a franchise QB in over 5 decades. Now that we can get one and build around him THIS year with all of our assets, people don't want him. Should we wait another 5 decades?

Watson by himself had 4 wins last year.

4 of the top 8 passers in the league missed the playoffs

Most of the good Qbs in this league were obtained via the draft with one draft pick not 5 1sts or more.

Teams that are well on their way to being built with solid olines, defense and weapons make life much easier for a QB.

You for sure look into getting him.  You do not massively over pay for one player thus putting all your eggs in one basket.

that is my feeling, others are free to feel otherwise.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

there are plenty of options for them. the dolphins can offer them a pretty nice deal if they wanted to

Nothing worse than getting your 1st rounder back with giving them your franchise QB. 
The Dolphins play will infuriate the fan base knowing they should have been picking 3rd overall this year. 

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm sure everyone here will get behind this sentiment.

Did Todd McShay watch 1 Jet game this year? With that statement it has to be a big NO.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope 

Prefer neatly trimmed 

Do not own a pocket size weed wakker. 

For shame. Really narrow playing field you’re talking about there friend

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope 

Prefer neatly trimmed 

Do not own a pocket size weed wakker. 

A major aversion to pubic hair. Even at 50... shocking.

Do you get your taste in women from the back of cereal box?

1 hour ago, pointman said:

It really couldn't happen. 23 is young. 23 as a human who plays football suddenly taking a massive leap forward usually has shown flashes of exceptional ability. Sam is an old 23 by football standards. He isn't some youngster with a ton of QB pressures who is juuuust not getting to the QB on time. He is a flawed player lacking vision, pocket awareness, has poor accuracy, less than ideal motion, lacks arm strength, can't read a defense, has poor field vision, and just has too many holes with very few upside. We will never ever be champions with him being our starter. And I don't know about you, I am not watching to hope that we are just good and be happy Sam was the QB for a roster that somehow got to 9-7 every year. 

With talent comes other talent. Guys want to play with others that will elevate their game, that will get them wins. You think wide receivers and o linemen won't be telling their agents if its a toss up of playing with Sam here or with Mahomes in Kansas City 'take less and get me to Kansas City.. where is that by the way?' 

Sticking it out with Sam when you yourself have just stated he isn't really 'the man' is silly. This isn't the era of the Ravens that can win championships with murderers on defense and a bum at QB. Sam being the QB here just makes the roster suffer, us suffer, us lose more games, and talent void us like I avoid going to games at the Link (Eagles Lincoln Field).

Where we agree - talent will absolutely attract talent. This is why my plan A is Watson.

But most of the rest of your post is about Darnold and whether he'll turn it around or not.

Most of my post was about the rest of the team; the needs elsewhere across the roster.

Where I disagree with you, and many other posters on this board, is that we have to make the quarterback decision this year. 

Being fine with rollin' it back with 'ginger-mechanical-error' isn't an endorsement of his abilities as much as it is the realization that our offensive line sucks, our corners suck, we have no true edge rusher, we're transitioning to a 4-3 with no 4-3 OLB's on the roster, our running back room is 'meh' AF and our receiving weapons are, lets be charitable, "not dynamic". 

17 minutes ago, JetsRevival said:

We can beat that w/o offering a 4th 1st round selection 

• Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Should also point out that the Chiefs skill positions players were all drafted in Round Three or later, other than Helaire 

And weren't nearly as impressive with Alex Smith as they are with Mahomes

50 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Andrew Luck.

Also we can list off a half dozen or more good young QBs in this league that did not cost the farm.

Andrew Luck had a pretty terrific run even in a relatively short time.  If that's your best argument against Watson lasting a long while in this league, you need to try harder.  Especially since we're witnessing an awful lot of QB's lately who are effective well into their mid-late 30s.  Russell Wilson came from the same draft class as Luck.  He's 32.  Think he's slowing down any time soon?  Would you not sign up for having a QB with his career for a measly two or three 1st round picks?

As for your 2nd point, we can list off exactly zero elite QB's entering their prime who were available via trade.  It's never happened before, because teams don't trade away elite young QB's when they have them.  If they did, you can bet that the package of picks required to get one of them would be something close to "the farm".  Because they're priceless.