DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just for me personally, I think we should build up the OL and give Sweet Sammy another shot, we can always trade for a 25-year-old top-5 QB a year from now. JMO

MAKE EET HAPPEN JOE DOUGLAS AND STUFF @Matt39 INTO A LOCKER

Posted Images

IF Watson truly wants to come to the Jets, Joe Douglas has all the leverage. 
No need to rush.  No need to negotiate against himself.
This is the Texans problem, not ours. 
Let them sell low. 
Give them the #2 pick and Darnold.
That's it. Take it or leave it.

Good luck with that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Wit said:

He may still be right. Watson can request all he wants but they can sit his ass on the bench snd fine the hell out of him. 

Yea, that works well for team building? Having young players seeing Deshaun Watson standing on the sidelines? 

DUDE, ITS DESHAUN F*CKING WATSON! 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Wit said:

He may still be right. Watson can request all he wants but they can sit his ass on the bench snd fine the hell out of him. 

How can they do that?

Because, in actuality they cant.  You cant just sit someone and dock him $$ the union would destroy that in a nano second

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

All the people that said this is not happening, can't happen, won't happen and put down others like they had worldly knowledge, please officially post and eat your crow. You know who you are, don't make us single you out...

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

Good luck with that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Option, other than keeping him?

He has that pesky no trade clause, not like they can turn around and trade him for a better offer, he'll just veto the trade.

Its a tricky situation 

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Actually, I don't think that's true. Durant and co were interested in coming to the Knicks, but Dolan didn't want to pay Durant the big money he wanted after getting that achilles injury. He remembered getting burned by Amare with the reconstructive knees surgery during his Phoenix days.

i believe Kyrie is the alpha in that relationship and he wanted the Nets. while durant is the alpha player, i think kyrie is the alpha in the pairing. lets face it, they can't handle the media scrutiny if they were on the Knicks.  i'm a nets fan and i know they're little brother, they never get heat for anything.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, heymangold said:

where's the rumor from?  i doubt they'd have interest in darnold.  i'd give them #2 and next years 1, and the seattle 3's.

I read it from a guy who claims he knows an insider.  Take it with a grain of salt!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'd offer the Texans our 2021 #23, a 2021 3rd round pick, our 2021 Seattle #1 pick, our own 2022 #1 and #3 Picks and Sam Darnold (QB).

Then I'd do everything possible to trade down out of #2 in 2021 to acquire a mid-1st in 2021 and a 1st in 2022. 

That's my plan as of today.

So:

Jets Offer:
2021 1st Round Pick #23
2021 3rd Round Pick
2022 1st Round Pick (Seattle)
2023 1st Round Pick
2023 3rd Round Pick
Sam Darnold (QB)

Texans Offer:
Deshaun Watson (QB)

Miami will offer #3 and the Jets will offer #2. That's the only way Houston trades a FQb. Now the additional picks can be negotiated. Maybe next year's Seattle pick or #34 this year and next year's #1 prevents us from giving up a #1 in '22

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Nailed this situation down to who, what, where and when. Hmmm am I an insider? 

Just joking - Mogglez -Matt Miller said he would donating 1k to charity if Watson came to the Jets. I hope you real insiders(You/Footballguy/Albright etc) hold him to it. Matt Miller got more attention then his whole life combined the other day for that fake news. 

Im seeing people on Twitter speculate Culley is for Deshaun. Seems like a lazy game of connecting the dots. They met for a week. Hes a coach for a different team. They are not allowed to speak. They don't play in the same state. I don't see it. 

Deshaun wanted Bienemy. Wouldn't that have been an indication they were going all in for Deshaun? I mean they waited this long anyway. 

Caserio interviewed many minority candidates (Caldwell, Frazier, Culley, and EB) so obviously some part of this was to appease Deshaun or in general to quiet down thoughts of their FO/ownership being racially insensitive.

But does anyone think Deshaun wanted out yesterday. They hired a guy that has never been interviewed by another team and now hes staying? No. 

Prediction: 

This came down to a candidate that was informed Deshaun MAY NOT be there and was cool with it. He was informed that they'll be trading/Cutting JJ Watt and he was okay with it. He was informed that he may need to keep Kelly as OC and he was cool with it. A candidate that realizes theres a very good chance they'll be 0-16/Full Rebuild and is cool with it. The situation screams being Fired in 2 years. Hope this guy holds out for a 5 year deal as he's near retirement. 

Deshaun's agent will again leak to Schefter tomorrow that Deshaun has played his last down for the Texans but it was nice to see the Texans finally consider minority candidates and it shouldn't have taken this long. 

Then it will begin a month of nauseating talk of who Deshaun is getting traded to. Buckle Up. 

1061515927_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_18_29AM.thumb.png.4c11f392d5ffa2480eda422d0a0707dd.png

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

We’re not ready yet, and by the time we are ready - because the picks given up in trade will set the team back 10 years - Watson will be retired. So it makes no sense to do this one. Get Mahomes next year instead, when he requests a trade from KC. This happens every year so there’s no rush on Watson. And if not, Douglas has already drafted a QB who was 4th string as a rookie, so he’s obviously got a flawless eye for this. 

So help me, if we don’t do this and the rationalization is, “The #2 pick is really like 3 first rounders this year, and late first rounders this year are easily traded for high 1st rounders next year which are safe to predict, then that one can be turned into 2-3 more first rounders next year. Keep plugging this in & repeating, and the #2 pick is worth 10 first round picks over the next 3-4 years. Then do the same for the value of the other picks Houston wants us to surrender, and it’s like 14 first round picks when you really think about it.” 

t3qkhrohrh321.jpg

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah but that almost never happens.  6 QB's since 1983 have demanded/requested trades and they all got moved.  I can't think of 1 QB who demanded/requested a trade and stayed put or was "allowed to rot".

Meanwhile, Houston absolutely can't afford to head into 2021 with AJ McCarron as their QB and no 1st round pick.

Cal is a special kind of stupid though, so while I agree with the thought process, i can see this getting ugly and drawn out. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, football guy said:

He's not going to get traded lol

You said the HC hire made it more likely he'd stay.  30 minutes later he requests a trade.  Looks to me like things are headed in the wrong direction for Houston, but I dunno.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Cal is a special kind of stupid though, so while I agree with the thought process, i can see this getting ugly and drawn out. 

For sure.  No matter what happens, Houston will get this thing wrong.  They may well take half of what the Jets could offer just to trade him to an NFC team.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Watson tore both Acl, broke his collar bone, injured his back and sprained his LCL. Before the Tunsil trade he was the most hit qb over 2 seasons.

he's 25 going on 40 and his salary is so high, the Texans should be giving us picks, NBA salary dump style 

You’re banging the table for a guy who hasn’t played football in over a year at 2OA. Go away

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Just for me personally, I think we should build up the OL and give Sweet Sammy another shot, we can always trade for a 25-year-old top-5 QB a year from now. JMO

IT's really hard to argue with this logic tbh

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

This isn't fixable for the Texans. You can't ask 100% of players who know that the QB doesn't want to be there with them. Once the losing starts & guys start hanging their head KNOWING the best player on the team was forced back just can't work. They are actually better off going into full rebuild mode. They only won 4 games last year, JJ Watt will be gone, Mercilus won't be in their future & the only way they can rebuild is to do what JD just did last season. 

The Texans ship has sailed. Unfortunately for them, just like most who had to venture into Gillette for playoff games they were going to lose. They had a very short window because Bill Obrien was an idiot & they should have gotten way more compensation for Hopkins. Smart fans should even realize that they are screwed the next two years anyway, with or without Watson. With the #2 pick they'll hope to hit paydirt. Indy, Titans, now Jax are already way ahead of Houston, this is the time to do a reset while the division is just way above your talent anyway. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'd offer the Texans our 2021 #23, a 2021 3rd round pick, our 2021 Seattle #1 pick, our own 2022 #1 and #3 Picks and Sam Darnold (QB).

Then I'd do everything possible to trade down out of #2 in 2021 to acquire a mid-1st in 2021 and a 1st in 2022. 

That's my plan as of today.

So:

Jets Offer:
2021 1st Round Pick #23
2021 3rd Round Pick
2022 1st Round Pick (Seattle)
2023 1st Round Pick
2023 3rd Round Pick
Sam Darnold (QB)

Texans Offer:
Deshaun Watson (QB)

Ive been thinking of a 3 way trade, something like the Jets trade the #2 pick to someone else in the top 10, then trade that pick along with others to the Texans.

Something like Jets get

#4 pick, 2nd round pick this year, 3d round this year, and Deion Jones

The Falcons get

#2 pick, can grab their favorite qb

The Jets then send #4, 2022 1st and 2023 1st to Houston for Watson.  

• Upvote 2