DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

This situation is unprecedented. So really its anyone's guess as to whats going to happen. For me personally the chances they hold onto Deshaun and then trade him before the start of the season is ZERO. 

The Texans are a full gut job. They are going to be cutting every bad contract in the coming months. They are going to trade anyone decent for mid round picks and its a full rebuild. They are going to go and trade JJ Watt for a 3rd or 4th. How do you trade JJ Watt and hold onto Deshaun without getting destroyed by media?

So they're going to go into the draft with ZERO first or second rounders. THEN after missing out on all the 2021 draft picks they are going to trade Deshaun for 2022 draft picks that won't actually play for them for a FULL Year? Who does that fanbase have to get excited for to buy tickets or watch in 2021? NFL changes everyyear. Lets say you get Three first from the Panthers. Those three first might all be in the 20's. Zero shot at a QB ever. 

Thats not just a situation that gets planes over head for Caserio's firing. Thats a situation where people want new ownership. Thats something Mcnair is already getting some heat with. That is how bad that outcome would be for the Texans. JMO of course but there is zero chance of this outcome. 

The Texans trading him after the draft would be a terrible move for them.

We are the only team with 2 #1’s next year, as of right now. 

And I’m only speculating what would be best for us.

None of us can know how far each side is willing to go, but it’s certainly conceivable that the Texans try to play hardball and ultimately trade him when Deshaun refuses to show up.

I not sure what Bit is arguing.  Adams left because the Jets didn't want to pay him and where able to get compensation that the Jets valued more than Adams.  As a Jets fan I agree with what the Jets did.  That doesn't mean it will work out.  I just think the compensation was awesome for a very good in the box safety who would have cost us a contract that the position doesn't warrant. 

In Watson's case this isn't about money.  There seems to be a real issue above the HC level and it's not about money.   Watson actually has been paid and wants to play for the NY Jets.  Unlike Adams who hates the Jets, Watson wants to play for Saleh and be a Jet. 

Could things go south?  Sure they could but the big difference between Adams and Watson is Watson wants to be here, he's an elite QB and he's way more valuable to the organization going forward than Adams would have ever been.  The fact that we might be able to get him for what Mac gave up to get both Adams and Sam is somewhat telling.  Mac was an absolute dope for drafting Adams and trading draft capital to get Sam.  This is an opportunity to right the mistake if we can get him for the right compensation.  

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It would be more like saying jumbo Elliot was top 10 in receiving td 

If the Seahawks give Adams $20 mil, how much does Marcus Maye—who graded out far better than Adams in most every metric other than “unblocked sacks”—get in his contract?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

JD has had one draft as a GM and you're already convinced he doesn't know how to work the board. I think he has a chance to grow into a great GM here. I know everyone on this board expects instant gratification, but I'm sure you or everyone else with a few exceptions to those completely gifted people as myself (lmao)... that we all had growing pains on our first jobs...

2020 was the most bizarre year in sports period, and I don't take anything seriously about that year. Even 2021 is not going to be much different. Once Covid is in the rear view mirror, then I expect that to change.

i know it takes a few years  to tell if a draft was good or not. im just saying his early returns arent good especially with trade downs.

Claypool had a much better year than Mims. he could have been ours, but JD had to trade down. now it could be because they have a HOF QB and ours sucked but Mims could have played better.

i think JD did good. i think Becton, Mims, Davis, Hall, Mann. will all contribute and be starters. 

point is Claypool RIGHT NOW is the better player. and we got extra picks. ALL our extra picks, Zuniga, Morgan, Clark are busts. i know they didnt come from the same trade, but there still extra picks.

so when people get excited about him trading the 2OA to get extra picks, i get nervous. stay put, pick the best player instead of trading down to get a lesser player for extra picks you dont seam to hit on.

and 1 out of 3 picks are starters. 2 out of 3 are bust. thats the NFL avg.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

i know it takes a few years  to tell if a draft was good or not. im just saying his early returns arent good especially with trade downs.

Claypool had a much better year than Mims. he could have been ours, but JD had to trade down. now it could be because they have a HOF QB and ours sucked but Mims could have played better.

i think JD did good. i think Becton, Mims, Davis, Hall, Mann. will all contribute and be starters. 

point is Claypool RIGHT NOW is the better player. and we got extra picks. ALL our extra picks, Zuniga, Morgan, Clark are busts. i know they didnt come from the same trade, but there still extra picks.

so when people get excited about him trading the 2OA to get extra picks, i get nervous. stay put, pick the best player instead of trading down to get a lesser player for extra picks you dont seam to hit on.

and 1 out of 3 picks are starters. 2 out of 3 are bust. thats the NFL avg.

I think you have to exempt the Claypool thing because every receiver who lines up with Roethlisberger ends up looking dominant

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Draft media types place too much weight on prospects who have legacy ties to the league and who appear to be enthusiastic self-starters. Add in that all of NFL media is optics-driven and think about how many times you’ve seen a “highlight” clip on NFLN of Jamal Adams celebrating a tackle (that you knew was meaningless and ten yards down the field). Jamal markets himself well, but the producers of every pre-game show eat that dancing sh*t up.

There is no doubt in my mind deep down his teammates can't stand him. 

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yes it was. You Darnold fan boys went into the season with the same idea you’re trying to have now. “Oh let’s just give him another year to see if he’s any good”, the only difference now is that Darnold didn’t have a good 3rd year, it was abysmal, & now there’s a chance he gets scrapped after we give him yet another year to do the same moronic stuff he’s been doing since he stepped foot on a field. I’m tired of wasting entire calendar years on a guy who isn’t going to be any different from what he is now. Darnold is a lost cause. I want to WIN. I don’t want to start a QB who can almost never go 2-3 games without throwing at least 2-3 interceptions. It’s called losing before you actually lose. That’s what that’s called.

You're delusional if you really think this was the Jets plan. Maybe the plan you created in your own head, but not in reality.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetster said:

There is no doubt in my mind deep down his teammates can't stand him. 

Zero tears were shed when he got traded from here. Manish went hunting for a single quote from a disgruntled Jet player and couldn’t find a single one. I’d guarantee Russell Wilson would pay for Adams’ air fare to get him to Dallas. The Rams were pissed at Adams’ cigar stunt before the playoff game and used it as motivation to beat the sh*t out of Wilson, and the Adams doubled down on it the next week. 

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/seahawks-jamal-adams-taunts-rams-cigar.amp

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So weird to see all these former Jets players, who played for the dysfunctional, cash-poor, skin-flint, hell-hated Jets organization almost universally advocate for Deshaun to come to the Jets. Don’t they read @bitonti takes? ?

what ironic is he’s been advocating for Sewell and everyone been asking him, who will take the pay cut by switching positions. Well currently the Baltimore Ravens are going through this problem right now, there LT went down this year after being paid and Orlando Brown Jr filled in and played well. Now it’s contract time for Orlando Brown and you know what he tweeted yesterday? 

“I’m a LT though” 

@bitonti THE BALTIMORE RAVENS NOW HAVE THE PROBLEM WE ALL HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU WOULD HAPPEN IF WE TAKE Sewell:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/29/orlando-brown-tweets-im-a-left-tackle/amp/

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yes, I think it’s stupid. It’s as stupid as saying Sewell will sit out another season because he sat out 2020. 

Next, I don’t know if they’ll get Watson or not, but yeah if they do there’s surely a FA following. There’s probably one anyway, but the players have some say in it, too. Not everyone necessarily wants to sign on to catch passes from Darnold after seeing 3 years of him plus Anderson’s numbers before/with/after Darnold. 

But go on and believe that Watson is going to do this every few years because he did it once with citing reasons the team doesn’t even deny.

And therefore the smarter move is to stay away & not trade for him, not even because you think one of this year’s prospects are better, but because you want them to use the #2 pick on Sewell — who again, sat out the season but is not considered a risk to do that again. 

That’s just brilliant logic. 

He’s comical https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/29/orlando-brown-tweets-im-a-left-tackle/amp/

^^ Guess he wants this for the Jets? ???

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

You're delusional if you really think this was the Jets plan. Maybe the plan you created in your own head, but not in reality.

I didn’t say it was the organization’s plan, dunno how long you’ve been on JN, but we’ve known Darnold’s play was suspect & inconsistent long before his spectacular 9-11 TD/INT season. We went into 2019 with the idea he would take a huge leap. He didn’t. We went into 2020 thinking it was finally time for the leap. He regressed. That was the narrative and idea here at JN. We all know Macc, JD, Saleh, or whoever else that has spoken on Sam seem to “love” his traits. That isn’t a secret, but as a community here, he’s been on thin ice for awhile. Obviously none of our opinions truly matter in the grand scheme of things but you are absolutely out of your mind if you seriously want to give Darnold another year. He doesn’t deserve it. He has only gone a handful of games without at least ONE turnover. It’s disgusting. It’s pathetic. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Drums said:

I’m officially over this. If it happens it happens. If it doesn’t, it doesn’t. The excitement I had two days ago is gone. 

This stuff is so old.  People on suicide watch if the jets don’t trade 8 first rd picks plus for qb who went 4-12 with a better roster and head coach

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This is exactly why it’s not a good idea to take Sewell at 2. Makes no sense.  And comical when people say to move Becton to RT. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

I keep coming back to this scenario of signing Thuney & Lindsey, moving McGovern to RG, drafting Sewell at 2 & still having #23 & #34! 

Joe Douglas could work his magic with #23 & #34 with trade backs depending on who he has on his draft board. #23- #50 are the sweet spot of NFL drafts if your not an idiot like Macc! 

Plug anyone behind this Oline 

Keep the picks, build a dominant O-line and running game

It worked for us in the late 90’s/early 2000’s and 2009-2010

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Huh. Darnold’s play and production look exactly like a QB who’s lost his confidence. If it’s not a confidence issue, then it’s an ability issue, and in either case, he’s doomed.

Confidence is on a scale, and what I mean to say is that his confidence doesn't look totally broken. Has he lost confidence? Of course. Being said, every QB goes through that... a QB who struggles isn't directly attributed to having lost all confidence/being emotionally shot, which is too much of an oversimplification. You don't see the persistent sour body language, lackadaisicalness, detachment from his teammates, happy feet in the pocket, disinterest in taking hits which is pretty apparent for guys who are emotionally broken. If watch the tape his issues are very easily identifiable mostly due to three things: (1) confusion; (2) scheme; and (3) mechanics. 

I think he was overwhelmed by what was asked of him in Gase's "Peyton Manning" offense, and being overwhelmed can lead to regressed confidence, sure, but in no way do I see it as a someone who has lost his confidence indefinitely the way you see with other QBs who have been total busts. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I didn’t say it was the organization’s plan, dunno how long you’ve been on JN, but we’ve known Darnold’s play was suspect & inconsistent long before his spectacular 9-11 TD/INT season. We went into 2019 with the idea he would take a huge leap. He didn’t. We went into 2020 thinking it was finally time for the leap. He regressed. That was the narrative and idea here at JN. We all know Macc, JD, Saleh, or whoever else that has spoken on Sam seem to “love” his traits. That isn’t a secret, but as a community here, he’s been on thin ice for awhile. Obviously none of our opinions truly matter in the grand scheme of things but you are absolutely out of your mind if you seriously want to give Darnold another year. He doesn’t deserve it. He has only gone a handful of games without at least ONE turnover. It’s disgusting. It’s pathetic. 

You said "that was the plan last year", and I thought you meant the Jets organization's plan. 

The Jet Nation message board's plan does not reflect reality 

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Confidence is on a scale, and what I mean to say is that his confidence doesn't look totally broken. Has he lost confidence? Of course. Being said, every QB goes through that... a QB who struggles isn't directly attributed to having lost all confidence/being emotionally shot, which is too much of an oversimplification. You don't see the persistent sour body language, lackadaisicalness, detachment from his teammates, happy feet in the pocket, disinterest in taking hits which is pretty apparent for guys who are emotionally broken. If watch the tape his issues are very easily identifiable mostly due to three things: (1) confusion; (2) scheme; and (3) mechanics. 

I think he was overwhelmed by what was asked of him in Gase's "Peyton Manning" offense, and being overwhelmed can lead to regressed confidence, sure, but in no way do I see it as a someone who has lost his confidence indefinitely the way you see with other QBs who have been total busts. 

Oh word. I don’t think he’s irredeemable, but I wonder if he’s irredeemable here, specifically. The current roster has now seen three years of underwhelming play and shoegazing from the QB, and I think it’s hard for any player to change the narrative among the dudes who you’ve let down so consistently.

• Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

what ironic is he’s been advocating for Sewell and everyone been asking him, who will take the pay cut by switching positions. Well currently the Baltimore Ravens are going through this problem right now, there LT went down this year after being paid and Orlando Brown Jr filled in and played well. Now it’s contract time for Orlando Brown and you know what he tweeted yesterday? 

“I’m a LT though” 

@bitonti THE BALTIMORE RAVENS NOW HAVE THE PROBLEM WE ALL HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU WOULD HAPPEN IF WE TAKE Sewell:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/29/orlando-brown-tweets-im-a-left-tackle/amp/

Orlando brown moved to left tackle when Stanley went down 

This is a story about how a playoff team managed to keep their season on track because they had key depth. Guys get injured. Becton missed 2 games with a chest cold. 

Baltimore can and will pay their talent. The jets have not done this for years 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s like you want to buy this awesome house in your neighborhood and you know the couple who owns it is broke and headed for divorce because the husband is a born-again who now disavows all earthly excesses, but the wife is a dime, so you have your realtor slip a lucrative offer to the wife to buy the house if and when the husband can’t bring the wood anymore. Then you wait for the divorce. Meanwhile, the wife is sending you nude selfies on the low, and your other neighbor’s wives are whispering into the dime’s ear that you secretly have a 10” dick and can drive nails into a 2x4 with your tongue. It’s only a matter of time.

You get me

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So weird to see all these former Jets players, who played for the dysfunctional, cash-poor, skin-flint, hell-hated Jets organization, almost universally advocate for Deshaun to come to the Jets. Don’t they read @bitonti takes? ?

add in the players that have never played for the organization telling him to come here, a-la- sherman, ochocinco, etc and man, it's almost like we've got something cookin here.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Orlando brown moved to left tackle when Stanley went down 

This is a story about how a playoff team managed to keep their season on track because they had key depth. Guys get injured. Becton missed 2 games with a chest cold. 

Baltimore can and will pay their talent. The jets have not done this for years 

And now what do they do now that Browns wants to be paid like a LT?

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s like you want to buy this awesome house in your neighborhood and you know the couple who owns it is broke and headed for divorce because the husband is a born-again who now disavows all earthly excesses, but the wife is a dime, so you have your realtor slip a lucrative offer to the wife to buy the house if and when the husband can’t bring the wood anymore. Then you wait for the divorce. Meanwhile, the wife is sending you nude selfies on the low, and your other neighbor’s wives are whispering into the dime’s ear that you secretly have a 10” dick and can drive nails into a 2x4 with your tongue. It’s only a matter of time.

To further the metaphor... What happens next? This isn't a story about how the divorcee has a stable 10 year relationship with our "hero" 

It's only a matter of time before the nude selfies get send to the next rescue party