DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

15 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Not sure this makes sense.  Would HOU really trade Watson and be happy ending up with Wentz, particularly if he is overpriced?  Obviously they aren't trading the #2 for Wentz unless they get a buttload back with him.  The #23 could be in play here but it might not be enough and they really don't have anything else.  So unless they are getting both of our firsts and another premium pick (which I'm not ready to believe yet) I don't see how it all fits together.

Add to that the fact that Wentz has a $25M salary this year, which takes the Texans modest cap problem and makes it bigger.  

I'd love it to be true, but it feels like a red herring to me.

Well, Houston is pretty stupid...

So who knows?

Still not getting my hopes up. I’m still operating under the assumption that we’re either rolling it back with Darnold and trading down or taking Wilson/Fields until something substantial actually materializes.

14 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Not sure this makes sense.  Would HOU really trade Watson and be happy ending up with Wentz, particularly if he is overpriced?  Obviously they aren't trading the #2 for Wentz unless they get a buttload back with him.  The #23 could be in play here but it might not be enough and they really don't have anything else.  So unless they are getting both of our firsts and another premium pick (which I'm not ready to believe yet) I don't see how it all fits together.

Add to that the fact that Wentz has a $25M salary this year, which takes the Texans modest cap problem and makes it bigger.  

Houston definitely doesn’t have a lot to get it done and their cap situation is bad. Maybe there’s a cap relief component in one of the deals.

Maybe the QB market is absolutely bananas, but I’m skeptical Wentz goes for as much as is being discussed. He’s a bad contract and I think Philly is trying to puff him up. I could be dead wrong but I could see #23 being more than enough.

33 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So, I am cap-illiterate, but I was reading the below article and Wentz is set to get a $10 mil signing bonus on March 19th, which the Eagles would obviously like to avoid. BUT, Wentz can agree to move that deadline to post June 1st, at which point trading him allows the Eagles to spread all the dead money over two years. I believe Watson has a similar mechanism in his contract. What if the Jets did this: 

Trade Darnold and the #23 to the Eagles (statutorily after June 1) for Wentz, absorb the 10 mil cap hit, then trade Wentz, the #2, and a 2022 first rounder to the Texans for Watson? 

Texans get Wentz, the #2, and 2022 first rounder.

Eagles get Darnold, #23, and some cap relief from the Jets.

Jets get Deshaun Watson (and maybe another pick thrown in from the Eagles for laundering some cash). 

This also strikes me as a keen opportunity for @Sperm Edwards to parachute in here and humiliate me regarding my cap ignorance

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/platform/amp/2021/1/4/22211517/philadelphia-eagles-trade-carson-wentz-restructure-contract-chris-mortenson-rumors-quarterback-colts

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, I am cap-illiterate, but I was reading the below article and Wentz is set to get a $10 mil signing bonus on March 19th, which the Eagles would obviously like to avoid. BUT, Wentz can agree to move that deadline to post June 1st, at which point trading him allows the Eagles to spread all the dead money over two years. I believe Watson has a similar mechanism in his contract. What if the Jets did this: 

Trade Darnold and the #23 to the Eagles (statutorily after June 1) for Wentz, absorb the 10 mil cap hit, then trade Wentz, the #2, and a 2022 first rounder to the Texans for Watson? 

Jets get Deshaun Watson (and maybe another pick thrown in from the Eagles for laundering some cash). 

This also strikes me as a keen opportunity for @Sperm Edwards to parachute in here and humiliate me regarding my cap ignorance

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/platform/amp/2021/1/4/22211517/philadelphia-eagles-trade-carson-wentz-restructure-contract-chris-mortenson-rumors-quarterback-colts

Why would the Eagles want Sam?

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If I wanted to humiliate you I’d remind @Maxman it’s past time to again retell an ESPNZone incident involving your mouth writing checks your microballs couldn’t cash.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

Two 1sts, Darnold, and Mosely. Take it or leave it. 

I'm a big fan of greasy; but this trade is stupid, and puts pressure on the coaching staff; all for a negligible gain at QB. 

Kyle Shanahan is desperate is desperate for a smooth operator like our #14. Let's get withering depth in front and behind Darnold; part-time witches and bitches that can break an opponents defense. Saleh would draw it out for us if the draft didn't prevent it.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WestCoastOffensive said:

I'm a big fan of greasy; but this trade is stupid, and puts pressure on the coaching staff; all for a negligible gain at QB. 

Kyle Shanahan is desperate is desperate for a smooth operator like our #14. Let's get withering depth in front and behind Darnold; part-time witches and bitches that can break an opponents defense. Saleh would draw it out for us if the draft didn't prevent it.

Negligible?

lmao

• Haha 1

Am I the only one who thinks that McClain snippet is a bit over analyzed?

I read it as more of “yea the only place I could see him going is the Jets” after repeatedly saying that he isn’t going to be traded. 

I want to believe. I really do, but I’m done getting my hopes up all the time haha

NFL rumors: Texans apparently won’t trade Deshaun Watson to Eagles for Carson Wentz — and would only do a deal with Jets

Updated 2:05 PM; Today 1:50 PM 
Deshaun Watson

Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson could be traded. (AP Photo/Eric Christian Smith)

The Texans won’t trade quarterback Deshaun Watson to the Eagles for Carson Wentz, who absolutely could be dealt very soon. And if the Texans do trade Watson, it would only be to the Jets, if they want to move on from Sam Darnold.

The Houston Chronicle’s John McClain mentioned those two nuggets during an appearance on Houston’s SportsRadio 610. (You can listen to it down below.)

Here’s what he said about the Texans and Watson:

“They don’t call teams. Teams call them. And they’ve told everybody they’re not trading Watson. Doesn’t mean they won’t do it eventually. I guarantee you, if they did, it would not be for Carson Wentz and the Eagles.

“And they’ve said it publicly, they’ve said it privately that they are not trading Watson. And so anybody that says they’ve called the Eagles, not true. If they traded him, it would be [to] the Jets. So no, they have not contacted anyone about trading Watson.”

As McClain mentioned, there’s certainly a possibility Watson could still be dealt away from the dysfunctional Texans — even though new general manager Nick Caserio and new head coach David Culley have both said publicly they don’t want to trade him and have no intention of doing so. Those sort of things can change, of course, with the right offer.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NFL rumors: Texans apparently won’t trade Deshaun Watson to Eagles for Carson Wentz — and would only do a deal with Jets

Updated 2:05 PM; Today 1:50 PM 
Deshaun Watson

Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson could be traded. (AP Photo/Eric Christian Smith)

The Texans won’t trade quarterback Deshaun Watson to the Eagles for Carson Wentz, who absolutely could be dealt very soon. And if the Texans do trade Watson, it would only be to the Jets, if they want to move on from Sam Darnold.

The Houston Chronicle’s John McClain mentioned those two nuggets during an appearance on Houston’s SportsRadio 610. (You can listen to it down below.)

Here’s what he said about the Texans and Watson:

“They don’t call teams. Teams call them. And they’ve told everybody they’re not trading Watson. Doesn’t mean they won’t do it eventually. I guarantee you, if they did, it would not be for Carson Wentz and the Eagles.

“And they’ve said it publicly, they’ve said it privately that they are not trading Watson. And so anybody that says they’ve called the Eagles, not true. If they traded him, it would be [to] the Jets. So no, they have not contacted anyone about trading Watson.”

As McClain mentioned, there’s certainly a possibility Watson could still be dealt away from the dysfunctional Texans — even though new general manager Nick Caserio and new head coach David Culley have both said publicly they don’t want to trade him and have no intention of doing so. Those sort of things can change, of course, with the right offer.

Now that's what I call backdoor negotiating! Get some mouth piece outside the organization funnel the narrative that the organization wants to put out to drum up interest. It wouldn't surprize me if JD told Casario that he won't be getting in a bidding war. He made an offer and the two sides agreed to talk at a later date so Houston would see if any team would beat Jets offer.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Now that's what I call backdoor negotiating! Get some mouth piece outside the organization funnel the narrative that the organization wants to put out to drum up interest. It wouldn't surprize me if JD told Casario that he won't be getting in a bidding war. He made an offer and the two sides agreed to talk at a later date so Houston would see if any team would beat Jets offer.

Agree here's our offer go shop around and you know you know where to find me. 

• Upvote 1