Jump to content

DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Lith said:

 

I saw a follow up tweet on this explaining that this isn’t an actual report, but a quote from a “make your bold prediction” segment on some talk show. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just for me personally, I think we should build up the OL and give Sweet Sammy another shot, we can always trade for a 25-year-old top-5 QB a year from now. JMO

MAKE EET HAPPEN JOE DOUGLAS AND STUFF @Matt39 INTO A LOCKER

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

 

 

So the bright idea here would be for the Panthers to acquire Watson, but in so doing, trade away one of the most dangerous offensive weapons in the game who Watson would undoubtedly like to have around.  In so doing, the Panthers (currently just $12M over the cap) would suffer a $17.2M dead cap hit by trading McCaffrey.  

Meanwhile, the Texans (currently just $4M over the cap), who would already be suffering a dead cap hit of $21.6M by trading Watson, would be taking on a heavy chunk of the $71M remaining on McCaffrey's deal that runs through 2025.  

Yeah, not happening.  

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lith said:

 

I'll play along, if HOU makes that trade they'll be sitting at #8 with no assurance
of getting a QB in the draft.  They would have to trade up, with us probably, to ensure
that they get the QB they want

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I saw a follow up tweet on this explaining that this isn’t an actual report, but a quote from a “make your bold prediction” segment on some talk show. 

Thanks.  Seems like nothing right now is an actual report.  It is all bold predictons, conjecture and other types of clickbait.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I saw a follow up tweet on this explaining that this isn’t an actual report, but a quote from a “make your bold prediction” segment on some talk show. 

It makes no financial sense for this trade to happen, for either side, so its good to see these reporters are really doing their homework.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Thanks.  Seems like nothing right now is an actual report.  It is all bold predictons, conjecture and other types of clickbait.

It’s that time of year again.  Believe nothing until the contract is signed and the draft pick is made.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Thanks.  Seems like nothing right now is an actual report.  It is all bold predictons, conjecture and other types of clickbait.

It feels like the most eye opening stuff re: Watson is what the players themselves are tweeting and talking about, which makes the Richard Sherman, Ochocinco stuff interesting. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, David Harris said:

If Watson gets traded it’s gotta happen before the new league year on 3/17, is that correct...Before cap dollars get spent and QB slots get taken

so we only have about a month of this circus before we know...right?

You would think.  But that would require an organization competent enough to understand this is the only move that makes sense.  The Texans aren't it.  So who knows how this will play out.  And I think other teams may well wish to wait as long as possible for the Watson domino to drop before making big QB decisions.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You would think.  But that would require an organization competent enough to understand this is the only move that makes sense.  The Texans aren't it.  So who knows how this will play out.  And I think other teams may well wish to wait as long as possible for the Watson domino to drop before making big QB decisions.  

Douglas is so well positioned to make this happen by doing next to nothing. All he has to do is make sure the Texans have the Jets offer on the GM’s desk every morning so when Caserio comes into the office to find another Texans hit piece, Easterby creep video, or bizarre Watson rumor in the news, he gets to think about how nice it’d be to swap all that drama out for the #2 pick, which will be a pasty QB who is perfect for the Texans, uh, “culture,” along with a couple of face-saving additional draft picks besides. The real work Douglas has to put in is staying in contact with Mulugheta to see what will keep the NYJ as a preferred landing spot for Deshaun, and keep the pressure on him to move Watson out of Houston.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, David Harris said:

If Watson gets traded it’s gotta happen before the new league year on 3/17, is that correct...Before cap dollars get spent and QB slots get taken

so we only have about a month of this circus before we know...right?

According to Sportac, Watson's contract doesn't have a roster bonus payable this off season, so from a contract perspective, trading him before 3/17 or after 3/17 really doesn't have any affect on the money hit to the Texans.

But otherwise, you are right, as other teams make moves and implement their plans as the new league year starts, the available pool of teams to trade him to will shrink likely decreasing the Texans' leverage if they do want to make a trade.

 

With as much roster and cap flexibility as the Jets have, I don't see a pressing need for them to make this trade before the start of the new league year.  They can wait the Texans out until they are left with no choice but to accept the deal the Jets want to make.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

According to Sportac, Watson's contract doesn't have a roster bonus payable this off season, so from a contract perspective, trading him before 3/17 or after 3/17 really doesn't have any affect on the money hit to the Texans.

But otherwise, you are right, as other teams make moves and implement their plans as the new league year starts, the available pool of teams to trade him to will shrink likely decreasing the Texans' leverage if they do want to make a trade.

 

With as much roster and cap flexibility as the Jets have, I don't see a pressing need for them to make this trade before the start of the new league year.  They can wait the Texans out until they are left with no choice but to accept the deal the Jets want to make.

You have a point, but this Watson ordeal must be settled by draft night. If Sam Darnold is traded by then, the Jets simply have to know what the Texans intentions are. If not JD will have no choice but to move on from the Watson dream and draft a QB. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

You have a point, but this Watson ordeal must be settled by draft night. If Sam Darnold is traded by then, the Jets simply have to know what the Texans intentions are. If not JD will have no choice but to move on from the Watson dream and draft a QB. 

 

Oh yeah...I agree.  When I said wait them out, I meant we didn't need to do anything right away.  But decisions will be made by draft night...that's when the Jets flexibility on the situation will end.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

According to Sportac, Watson's contract doesn't have a roster bonus payable this off season, so from a contract perspective, trading him before 3/17 or after 3/17 really doesn't have any affect on the money hit to the Texans.

But otherwise, you are right, as other teams make moves and implement their plans as the new league year starts, the available pool of teams to trade him to will shrink likely decreasing the Texans' leverage if they do want to make a trade.

 

With as much roster and cap flexibility as the Jets have, I don't see a pressing need for them to make this trade before the start of the new league year.  They can wait the Texans out until they are left with no choice but to accept the deal the Jets want to make.

When do we have to decide whether or not to extend Sam?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LIJetsFan said:

When do we have to decide whether or not to extend Sam?

The only contractual decision on Sam that they have to make is whether or not to exercise his 5th year option.

And that doesn't have to be done until the first week in May, so after the draft.

But that option is going to be close to $25 million for the 2022 season and it will be fully guaranteed.

No negotiating the 5th year options.  The value of those options are set by a formula in the CBA.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

No...good teams draft well and have quality players on rookie contracts.

True, but those good teams who draft well aren't exactly going to like the idea of coughing up a ton of 1st round picks.  Those teams pick later so they'd have to give up more picks than we would.  So either way they're giving up some of their ability to build around Watson by trading for him.  And meanwhile those quality players on rookie deals are going to have to get paid or let go eventually.  

Meanwhile, the Jets have a ton of cap space in a year where the cap is going to drop no matter what, and that wouldn't change much by adding Watson.  Quality FA's, especially WR's, certainly would be looking to come to a place where they'd get paid well AND join a roster with Watson on it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

True, but those good teams who draft well aren't exactly going to like the idea of coughing up a ton of 1st round picks.  Those teams pick later so they'd have to give up more picks than we would.  So either way they're giving up some of their ability to build around Watson by trading for him.  And meanwhile those quality players on rookie deals are going to have to get paid or let go eventually.  

Meanwhile, the Jets have a ton of cap space in a year where the cap is going to drop no matter what, and that wouldn't change much by adding Watson.  Quality FA's, especially WR's, certainly would be looking to come to a place where they'd get paid well AND join a roster with Watson on it.

True. Game on. 
rubbing hands GIF

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

True, but those good teams who draft well aren't exactly going to like the idea of coughing up a ton of 1st round picks.  Those teams pick later so they'd have to give up more picks than we would.  So either way they're giving up some of their ability to build around Watson by trading for him.  And meanwhile those quality players on rookie deals are going to have to get paid or let go eventually.  

Meanwhile, the Jets have a ton of cap space in a year where the cap is going to drop no matter what, and that wouldn't change much by adding Watson.  Quality FA's, especially WR's, certainly would be looking to come to a place where they'd get paid well AND join a roster with Watson on it.  

I feel like Douglas could preempt much of this type of headline by whispering to Cimini that the Jets are going hard after Godwin and Allen Robinson. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like Douglas could preempt much of this type of headline by whispering to Cimini that the Jets are going hard after Godwin and Allen Robinson. 

I believe @Mogglez and @football guy both revealed that Chris Godwin is Joe Douglas' # 1 choice on his free agency wishlist.  Not just his top WR, his top overall player in free agency. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Translation: Deshaun’s agent has a list of his other clients he wants Douglas to offer on first

What other players does he represent? Robinson? Fuller?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

 

No Deshaun NOOOOO

If Joe D. can get Deshaun on a call with Coach Saleh after making a deal with Houston, Watson will be at 1 Jets Drive the next day.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

John McClain did a radio spot with some Denver dudes today (Broncos fans think they’re going to get Watson), and McClain said:

1. Watson isn’t going to the Broncos

2. Denver dudes whine that Watson has a no-trade, which keeps Broncos in play 

3. McClain reiterates that the Jets are already one of the teams Watson would go to AND

4. McClain repeats that the Jets would be the likely landing spot because they’re the only team with the draft capital and position to get a deal done.

5. States that the entire roster wants out of Houston because it is “miserable” inside the building right now.

6. Watson hasn’t spoken to anyone with the Texans as yet, buT McClain believes once that happens, and assuming Watson sticks to his guns, that’s when trade talks will begin in earnest. 
 

https://koanewsradio.iheart.com/content/2021-02-18-john-mcclain-with-big-al-and-jojo/

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

John McClain did a radio spot with some Denver dudes today (Broncos fans think they’re going to get Watson), and McClain said:

1. Watson isn’t going to the Broncos

2. Denver dudes whine that Watson has a no-trade, which keeps Broncos in play 

3. McClain reiterates that the Jets are already one of the teams Watson would go to AND

4. McClain repeats that the Jets would be the likely landing spot because they’re the only team with the draft capital and position to get a deal done.

5. States that the entire roster wants out of Houston because it is “miserable” inside the building right now.

6. Watson hasn’t spoken to anyone with the Texans as yet, buT McClain believes once that happens, and assuming Watson sticks to his guns, that’s when trade talks will begin in earnest. 
 

https://koanewsradio.iheart.com/content/2021-02-18-john-mcclain-with-big-al-and-jojo/

The team is crap and won 4 games and the whole roster wants to leave?  No big loss.

As for McClain he is a big houston homer and has been pumping the jets because we can give them the 12 first rounders plus quinnen that he wants. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The team is crap and won 4 games and the whole roster wants to leave?  No big loss.

As for McClain he is a big houston homer and has been pumping the jets because we can give them the 12 first rounders plus quinnen that he wants. 

We won two games and those dudes seem to like being Jets

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...