DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

1 minute ago, Doggin94it said:

Lions. They can offer Stafford plus picks

They currently only have $2M in cap space, somehow.  Trading Stafford would save $14M (but they'd get handed a $19M dead cap hit in the process).  They can make it happen but it wouldn't be easy.   

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just for me personally, I think we should build up the OL and give Sweet Sammy another shot, we can always trade for a 25-year-old top-5 QB a year from now. JMO

MAKE EET HAPPEN JOE DOUGLAS AND STUFF @Matt39 INTO A LOCKER

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I thought everything we did here was "unofficial." ;)

ugghhh,..  Greensl, we tend to record EVERYTHING   😎

tumblr_n6ya2npNSe1sllbabo1_500.gif

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So the Texans will risk going into 2021 with no 1st round pick and AJ McCarron at QB.  Makes a lot of sense.  The Texans are really stupid so you may be right.  

Yup. It's either Watson or strategic tank. 

Unless a team blows them away with an offer so big that makes them reconsider their position, they will use 2021 as a reset year with Watson or without him. 

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Perhaps you're right.  But as with all things, every trade is a negotiation.  Our starting offer shouldn't ever be our best offer.  That's how you end up vastly overpaying or being priced out.  My post is my initial offer, and frankly it's more than fair.

If they reject it, I'm more than willing to trade 2021 #2, 2022 Seattle #1 and our 2023 #1, as stated previously.  But I'd like to do better, if possible.

After all, I never, ever though JD would get what he got for Adams.  Maybe he'll surprise us here as well.  One can always hope.

Either way, not quite sure my post was so objectionable as to warrant a negrep, but such is life.

The problem is Houston has enough of a PR/fan problem with losing Watson as it is. I don't see them moving him to a team that isn't giving back a pick that leads to whatever non-Lawrence QB they want, rather than having to trade up or hope someone falls. 

They're going to want another name, and by definition any QB drafted that high is a name, to keep the fanbase from burning down the stadium lol. Their only saving grace - and it's a reach - is their diehard fans probably realized they didn't have the ammo to improve the team much in 2021 anyway, since Miami is holding their #3 overall pick.

Honestly if I'm Houston I don't want that pick. Something about the optics of having to trade Deshaun Watson to get your own pick back in return should make the #2 pick that much more attractive. And yes if they want to trade down then they can trade down. 

And 100%, the neg rep was uncalled for, since duh everyone here is all for it if we could get Watson and still keep the #2 overall pick to move down ourselves. Except that pick it's the very thing that'd make our offer better than that of any other teams (unless Jacksonville enters the mix instead of just drafting Lawrence outright themselves; we couldn't compete with that offer, chart points be damned). 

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I'm sorry, did I mention your name?  I said people.  If you are not one of those people then don't be so sensitive. 

I mean, his post was in response to me, so I figured I was one of those people you were talking to.  My bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If Caserio is interested in cleaning up the Texans mess as quickly as possible, his best move is to dump Watson for picks, draft Zack Wilson, and sell everyone on a future. Watson’s agent is going to make it impossible to get business done down there if they keep Deshaun locked up. Caserio has to do triage right now, and having the #2 pick in hand will be a good place to start.

Isn't this what all GM's do?

Trade everyone for Picks. Purge all bad contracts. Get High picks in draft? 

You obviously make perfect sense. I don't understand why it's such a shock to others when it happens every year. 

Caserio is from NE where they let go of Brady. "No one is Bigger then the team Bla Bla" Deshaun is 100% getting traded and he's going to the Jets or Dolphins. Not bc we are special - We just happen to have the most assets. 

This is happening and its happening sooner than people think. Deshaun is going to want to see us going after Allen Robinson or other players. If Casserio loves Zach Wilson Deshaun should be here in a few weeks. 

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, Greensleeves said:

So they're going to trade Watson for their own pick back - no way. That would make them look stupid, not once, but twice - or is it three times? It's us and then the field in this trade. 

The real problem with the Dolphins is that they'd be getting the 3rd QB off the board.

Lawrence goes #1, then we either take a QB, or flip the pick to a team that does.

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To be fair, Houston doesn't have any money for FA's regardless.  And they'll have trouble attracting players there whether they settle this thing now or in April.

Fields or Wilson would go a long way to help that in the future, roll dice Watson is bluffing and he isn’t you got nothing 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Jacksonville will trade lawrence. Its the smart thing to do

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Be BOLD Joe Douglas.

I wonder if Jaguars would consider trading the rights to T Law for the sure thing in Deshean Watson??

Houston is not trading Watson to a spot where they'd have to face him 2x a year.

• Upvote 4
4 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

So they're going to trade Watson for their own pick back - no way. That would make them look stupid, not once, but twice - or is it three times? It's us and then the field in this trade. 

Yes trading for their own #3 pick is stupid but trading for a lower pick from any  other franchise isn’t ? Ok, that’s fine. My point is I really don’t think Jets will surrender what they need to. So Miami become the logical second choice. 

The rumors make more sense now that it has been announced he requested a trade weeks ago.  Any rumored offers didn't make sense if he didn't actually request a trade.  Apparently our rumored offer is:

2nd overall pick (which is equal to multiple lower 1's)
Darnold
next year's first

This sounds good to me.

I could live with that but would be surprised if it gets it done. When was the last time a 25 year old franchise QB got traded? (Hint: never.)

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
5 minutes ago, football guy said:

In addition to this, each game he doesn't play he forfeits his game checks... which is $10.54 million worth

Is that leverage though? Deshaun would never play for them again. They would miss out on the #2 and a chance to start over with a new QB while also acquiring other early picks at a time when they are in cap hell and don’t have many early draft picks. New coach. I do not see it going this way. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
42 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Watson tore both Acl, broke his collar bone, injured his back and sprained his LCL. Before the Tunsil trade he was the most hit qb over 2 seasons.

he's 25 going on 40 and his salary is so high, the Texans should be giving us picks, NBA salary dump style 

There's a 43 year old QB in the SB.   40 is the new 38.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Good luck with that.

Ok, throw in a 3rd round pick.

If he trades away much more he is a fool. Beggars can't be choosers. The Texans are beggars at this point.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I could live with that but would be surprised if it gets it done. When was the last time a 25 year old franchise QB got traded? (Hint: never.)

Jay Cutler was 25 when he requested a trade and got moved from the Broncos to the Bears.

He was also coming off a Pro Bowl appearance in 2008, so regardless of how his career played out, he was considered a franchise QB at the time.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, we also have Brandon Marshall, Richard Sherman, and Ochocinco saying Watson should be a Jet (as opposed to a Dolphin). Do we think they arrived at that point independently, or are they amplifying the message Watson and his people want out there?

Paid placement.  Guerilla marketing.  Influencer fees.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Drums said:

Is that leverage though? Deshaun would never play for them again. They would miss out on the #2 and a chance to start over with a new QB while also acquiring other early picks at a time when they are in cap hell and don’t have many early draft picks. New coach. I do not see it going this way. 

They can drag it out and get the same haul in a trade 12 months from now. They don't want to draft a QB in this year's class... they have a long rebuild awaiting them. 

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They currently only have $2M in cap space, somehow.  Trading Stafford would save $14M (but they'd get handed a $19M dead cap hit in the process).  They can make it happen but it wouldn't be easy.   

“ Welcome to Detroit Deshaun!”

0A077D8D-D51B-45C3-8FAE-6B54F51DC031.jpeg

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, slats said:

the particular way in which you like to take a crap on things is always next level stuff. 

It's called the reverse-mush and you're welcome 

1 minute ago, football guy said:

They can drag it out and get the same haul in a trade 12 months from now. They don't want to draft a QB in this year's class... they have a long rebuild awaiting them. 

They may not get a #2 overall pick 12 months from now, though. Even if they don't like a QB in this year's class, they could use #2 pick to trade back and accumulate draft assets (that they sort of desperately need). 

• Upvote 1