DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

56 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

2021: #2, #23

2022: First round pick, Second round pick. If necessary, a third rounder.

After trading Darnold, you recoup at least a second rounder, which leaves you with:

2021: #34, #66, #87, etc and sh*tload of cap space

2022: First, the Darnold 2, a third, etc.

This would work for me, seems about right.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Beerfish said:

QB A his first three years as a starter: 13,176 yards, 81 tds, 36 ints  (Cousins)

QB B his first three years as a starter: 12,840 yards, 85 tds, 28 ints (Watson)

QB C his first three years as a starter: 14,635 yards, 90 tds, 32 ints (Stafford)

But 100% for sure Watson will immediately make the jets really good with no high draft resources to improve the team.

But....but.....Houston was a 4 win team even with him being good!   "Not his fault they had a bad defense and no weapons'

A.  You dont rate a QB totally off of numbers.

B.  Watsons team went 4-12 a year ago but youre ignoring that he won 10 and 11 games the two prior seasons.  When was the last time the Jets won 10 or 11 games?  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The thing is with all our draft assets and with the money we have for FAs the thinking better not be that we wont need a QB for the next years.

Watson is a Georgia native which is next door to Florida's Fins who went 10-6. Plus there is a minority HC a no state tax bonus and the Fins have some pick's as well besides nice winter weather.. Not thinking as a Fan but if I'm Watson staying in the South with Florida and Carolina on my list makes sense why would I want New Jersey??:blink:

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

IMO, it works because it lets Caserio off the hook, he gets to crow about the volume of picks coming back, and in six weeks, they get to march out Zack Wilson as the face of the franchise. Meanwhile, the Jets get Deshaun (who will immediately be all over Instagram hanging out with the Brooklyn Nets guys), and a bunch of cool free agents start chirping about wanting to be here...and the cost is really just the picks from the Jamal Adams fleecing of Seattle. The alternative is that Douglas backs out of the trade, drafts Zack Wilson, dumps Darnold, and for what? So you he can draft a guard at 23? 

THIS is why you sign F/A to one year "prove it" deals.

The season hasn't started, and Tom Shane is trying to PROVE IT.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A.  You dont totally rate a QB by numbers.

B.  Watsons team went 4-12 a year ago but youre ignoring that he won 10 and 11 games the two prior seasons.  When was the last time the Jets won 10 or 11 games?  

Speaking of 4-12 years the Texans were in the AFCCG the year before Watson came and his first year he went 4-12..B)

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

After trading Darnold, you recoup at least a second rounder, which leaves you with:

I would try and avoid the #23.   Rather throw a 3rd and 2023 #1.  

But I'm still on the bend don't break route.  Problem is Miami's pick is high and Carolina sounds like they will give up he world.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I would try and avoid the #23.   Rather throw a 3rd and 2023 #1.  

But I'm still on the bend don't break route.  Problem is Miami's pick is high and Carolina sounds like they will give up he world.

I just don't understand why Watson would be very interested in going to a team that would be trading away Christian McCaffrey in the deal.  Plus, McCaffrey would represent a big financial hit for BOTH teams that makes no sense.  Houston needs to unload salary, not add it.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

IMO, it works because it lets Caserio off the hook, he gets to crow about the volume of picks coming back, and in six weeks, they get to march out Zack Wilson as the face of the franchise. Meanwhile, the Jets get Deshaun (who will immediately be all over Instagram hanging out with the Brooklyn Nets guys), and a bunch of cool free agents start chirping about wanting to be here...and the cost is really just the picks from the Jamal Adams fleecing of Seattle. The alternative is that Douglas backs out of the trade, drafts Zack Wilson, dumps Darnold, and for what? So you he can draft a guard at 23? 

I agree.

Plus can anyone really see Zach Wilson hanging with any of the Brooklyn Nets?

Other than maybe Steve Nash

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I just don't understand why Watson would be very interested in going to a team that would be trading away Christian McCaffrey in the deal.  Plus, McCaffrey would represent a big financial hit for BOTH teams that makes no sense.  Houston needs to unload salary, not add it.  

Yeah, there’s no way that the Panthers can just keep dropping players and still appeal to Watson. And why the hell would the Texans want McCaffrey, who makes a ton of money looks shot already? Dude was averaging 3.8 ypc before he went down last year

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Watson is a Georgia native which is next door to Florida's Fins who went 10-6. Plus there is a minority HC a no state tax bonus and the Fins have some pick's as well besides nice winter weather.. Not thinking as a Fan but if I'm Watson staying in the South with Florida and Carolina on my list makes sense why would I want New Jersey??:blink:

Miami is nowhere near or anything like Georgia.  

And neither is NYC and the star power he would have here.  Especially compared to Carolina.  

18 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

95 with 95% humidity 8 months a year is only attractive if you're 90 and have a 25 year old South American beauty wiping Wheetena off of your chin.  

Watson could have a pad in Manhattan and bang movie stars.  He can move to Florida when he's 70 and become a spokesman for Medicare.

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Speaking of 4-12 years the Texans were in the AFCCG the year before Watson came and his first year he went 4-12..B)

And that would be wrong

The year before Watson the Texans went 9-7 and lost the divisional game.  

The following season, his first season playing he started only 6 games and went 3-3.  Savage and Yates went a combined 1-9, not on Watson in any way

The next season, his first full season as a starter he went 11-5.  Followed by 10-6

Hes been 4-12 once, that was last season ?

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

95 with 95% humidity 8 months a year is only attractive if you're 90 and have a 25 year old South American beauty wiping Wheetena off of your chin.  

Watson could have a pad in Manhattan and bang movie stars.  He can move to Florida when he's 70 and become a spokesman for Medicare.

4 months it's hot but you get used to it I get cold now when the temp is 60 LOL

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And that would be wrong

The year before Watson the Texans went 9-7 and lost the divisional game.  

The following season, his first season playing he started only 6 games and went 3-3.  Savage and Yates went a combined 1-9, not on Watson in any way

The next season, his first full season as a starter he went 11-5.  Followed by 10-6

Hes been 4-12 once, that was last season ?

Yep my bad he was 3-3 as a rookie :cheers:

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Here's a thought: Why not do what Detroit did and exploit some cap space? The fact that the Jets can take on the Mercellus and Johnson contracts seems like something the Jets can offer that Carolina and Miami can't. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Here's a thought: Why not do what Detroit did and exploit some cap space? The fact that the Jets can take on the Mercellus and Johnson contracts seems like something the Jets can offer that Carolina and Miami can't. 

I posited this in a post yesterday. I'd be thrilled if taking on some of the bloated contracts would lower the price for Deshaun. I think - if we allow that public perception plays a role in the decision making - that Houston wouldn't afford us that luxury.

The media would slam them and it would look awful to the general public. Something like: "Texans give up two high priced stars (one of whom the had to trade away Hopkins for) PLUS Deshaun for some draft picks and the 32nd ranked QB in the league last year!" 

39 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yea, the Jets could take on Mercellus and cover a lot of the Texan's cap hit for trading Watson.  Then next year the Jets could cut him with very little dead money.  It could be one of those face-saving things for the Texans, if it saves the Jets trading an extra pick, why not?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yeah cool let’s do it. Deshaun or Bust. Whatever it takes 

To be honest, there’s like 2, maybe 3 cities in Florida I’d want to live in.  No tax would be beautiful. 

it doesn’t matter IF he’d rather goto Miami over NJ.  It’s a matter of who offered the best package for him. If the jets offer the only package for him, then they’ll trade him to the Jets.  If he says I ONLY want to goto Miami, then we obviously have no shot!

5 hours ago, Biggs said:

Nothing in Manhattan is open. 

12 minutes ago, heymangold said:

To be honest, there’s like 2, maybe 3 cities in Florida I’d want to live in.  No tax would be beautiful. 

it doesn’t matter IF he’d rather goto Miami over NJ.  It’s a matter of who offered the best package for him. If the jets offer the only package for him, then they’ll trade him to the Jets.  If he says I ONLY want to goto Miami, then we obviously have no shot!

Right.  At this point, if the report is true that he would accept a trade to the Jets, that part of the equation is resolved.  Now the Jets would just need to make an offer that the Texans like better than what the Panthers or Dolphins offer.

I think beating a Panthers offer is pretty easy.  As long as the Texans don't want to build around Tua, the Jets should be able to beat the Dolphins offer too.

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Idk man.  Everything seems fine in NJ.

Good to hear. Unfortunately hard to see Manhattan having the vibrancy it once did without small businesses doing well. Too many places have closed for good.

I don’t see the market having the same appeal it once did. Aaron Rodgers is about to host Jeopardy and plays in the smallest market in sports.  

22 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Nothing in Manhattan is open. 

Wait until the drugs kick.  Rich people are going to be wilding in Central Park, snorting broadway theatre, eating prime aged steaks off belly dancers while Cuban musicians are banging on pots and pans making people's hips rotate...  After being locked down it's going to be an orgy of culture, food, music.  A sensory overload that will work like an Alien tractor beam on a dilithium mining vessel. The Jets are going to throw in Joe Namath's white shoes and classic Lincoln as the cherry on top.

It's done Watson is coming to Manhattan.  He's be out of his mind not to.   

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

McCaffrey is a top 5 overrated player in the league. Although to be fair the top 5 most overrated players are almost always running backs.

Anyways the reason Carolina or the Jets would give up their key pieces is because Watson is by far the toughest piece to get. Once you have him on board you only need to be competent in what you put around him to be competitive and you have a 10 year window to do so.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

McCaffrey is a top 5 overrated player in the league. Although to be fair the top 5 most overrated players are almost always running backs.

Anyways the reason Carolina or the Jets would give up their key pieces is because Watson is by far the toughest piece to get. Once you have him on board you only need to be competent in what you put around him to be competitive and you have a 10 year window to do so.

I certainly understand why Carolina would be OK with unloading McCaffrey in the deal. I just don’t see why Watson would want to go there sans McCaffrey and why Houston would be OK with picking up McCaffrey’s contract.