DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

With Russell Wilson taking over the headlines, Deshaun Watson does his best rendition of a  "Simple Minds" song....(don't you forget about me)

McClain has been reporting for weeks that it’s up to Watson’s camp to move the ball forward as it relates to getting him traded. Maybe the Russ news speeds up their urgency to get out of Houston before one (or more) of the teams on Watson’s list bails on him. 

• Upvote 3

On 2/23/2021 at 4:28 PM, Matt39 said:

Good to hear. Unfortunately hard to see Manhattan having the vibrancy it once did without small businesses doing well. Too many places have closed for good.

I don’t see the market having the same appeal it once did. Aaron Rodgers is about to host Jeopardy and plays in the smallest market in sports.  

Is anyone talking about Trevor Lawrence once we lost out on him? That right there proves the power of NY and I never realized it until then. Anyone care about Jamal Adams anymore? Not unless they're asking him about NY or he's talking about it. Rodgers is hosting Jeopardy--woah! He is an MVP QB. In NY, he'd be a god. 

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Is anyone talking about Trevor Lawrence once we lost out on him? That right there proves the power of NY and I never realized it until then. Anyone care about Jamal Adams anymore? Not unless they're asking him about NY or he's talking about it. Rodgers is hosting Jeopardy--woah! He is an MVP QB. In NY, he'd be a god. 

No one is talking about Trevor Lawrence?

1 hour ago, Drums said:

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Lawrence is going #1 overall to the Jags.

What exactly should be spoken about right now?

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Are they talking about him like they were in November? I honestly don’t care about the media part of NY that people factor into desire but you cannot deny that it exists. Anyone that has any media coverage in the NFL would be nothing compared to what they would get here. Watson seems to be a guy that would care. Russell is definitely a guy that would care, especially with his wife. It is not the end all be all so I really don’t care that much but just saying 

• Sympathy 1

Jeez, is Watson gonna hold his breath and kick the wall too? Texans still hold all the cards. If they want to make him sit, he’ll sit and pay fines. And the Texans lose every game, which they want to do anyway. Can’t even imagine the price some team is gonna have to pay.
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

free my man

They got Joe Douglas leaving voice mails on the answering machine! 

“Hello, you’ve reached Jack Easterby and the Houston Texans front office. Unfortunately nobody is here to take your call at the time. However, if you leave your name and phone number I’ll be sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Have a blessed day” 

41 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Jeez, is Watson gonna hold his breath and kick the wall too? Texans still hold all the cards. If they want to make him sit, he’ll sit and pay fines. And the Texans lose every game, which they want to do anyway. Can’t even imagine the price some team is gonna have to pay.

No, they do not.  For starters, he can afford to pay those fines.  But the more important points to note are the following: 

1. With very rare exceptions, every player in American Pro Sports history who has demanded a trade has eventually gotten traded, usually before the following season started.  Those standoffs don't typically last very long.  This long list includes 7 starting QB's in the last 40 years (Elway, Montana, Eli, Carson Palmer, Favre, Cutler, Wentz).  Possibly 8 if you want to include Stafford (he'd still be a Lion if he didn't want to get moved).
  2.  It's not just about missing out on having Watson and having to send AJ McCarron out there for a throwaway season.  It's about the draft capital the Texans will miss out on.  It's very, very unlikely a # 2 or 3 overall pick will ever be on the table again if the Texans wait until after the draft or next offseason to trade him.

Watson holds more cards than the Texans do, and it's really not all that close.  Houston isn't going to just "let him rot".  They'll either need to make things work and get Watson on the field (very unlikely given that Watson is very principled and appears to be quite dug in on this) OR trade him.