DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

2 hours ago, chad2coles said:

The brain fart wasn't insinuating that the Texans 4-12 record his rookie year was Watson's fault when he went 3-3 in 6 games and threw for 19td/8int and had a 103 qb rating?

I get it your a huge Watson fan should he go straight to the HOF or wait a bit??B)

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Is it just business or is it loyalty. Typically if the money is clearing that’s your loyalty in a professional setting. 

I wonder if that “loyalty” tweet was directed at Russell Wilson’s camp. Like, right after that tweet, Wilson just so happened to express interest in four teams that Watson hasn’t been interested in. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Savage69 said:

I get it your a huge Watson fan should he go straight to the HOF or wait a bit??B)

You think a rookie putting up those numbers and his team going 3-3, then going 1-7 without him is a good thing or nah? Bc it sounded like you thought Watson was the problem that year. 

Who knows what the Texans end up

doing or if Deshaun will agree to come here but the bottom line is IF Douglas is willing to go all in the Jets have the most draft assets to give the Texans and the only team that can assure they’ll get one of the top Qb’s in the draft.

So if Watson was open to come here you’d think they trade him here but it’s the Texans so who knows 

F Watson and this whole giving them everything we got for him... four 1st rds picks, braceface BlessyaThankya... F that... F all that. This whole thing is so long and drawn out. 

Unless he is really interested in coming here. I just don't want to get hurt again. Is he interested?! Is it true he really said he wants to come here??

shocked what now GIF by Bounce

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, chad2coles said:

You think a rookie putting up those numbers and his team going 3-3, then going 1-7 without him is a good thing or nah? Bc it sounded like you thought Watson was the problem that year. 

I think Watson is a excellent QB I wish we would have drafted him. If we can get him at a reasonable cost fine..But I'm not for overpaying and we don't even know if the Texan's are thinking of letting him go.. If I was the GM I wouldn't..

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I think Watson is a excellent QB I wish we would have drafted him. If we can get him at a reasonable cost fine..But I'm not for overpaying and we don't even know if the Texan's are thinking of letting him go.. If I was the GM I wouldn't..

Yea, my point is that your comment about his rookie year is off target.  He was on pace to top all time Jets records in passing yards, touchdowns, rushing yards, and his team won half the games he played in.  Without him they were 1-9.  Only the Texans complete abortion of a season last year when they fired their coach in week 4 had lead to a losing record for Watson.

We probably disagree on what you think a reasonable cost is for Watson, who has the highest all time completion percentage and 2nd highest all time QB rating (behind a terrible o-line) would be.

The situation with watson is so simple from a Jets perspective...watson is refusing to play for the Texans demanding a trade and he actually has control of who he gets traded to thanks to a no trade clause...if the Texans want to come out of this with some hope at qb they will take the number two pick and we should offer them nothing else...no 3 or 4 picks...no defensive starters... nothing. We need to have the approach of yes we know he is a good player but he is also clearly dramatic which is a characteristic no team needs, he also clearly doesn't want to be on your roster anymore, if you are hellbend on getting multiple picks we will gladly trade the number two and give you some of the haul we get in return for it or you can just have the number two with nothing else and draft a qb of your choosing.
I do not understand why people think this is more complicated than that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

Just now, Mike135 said:

Does that mean once the Jags are on the clock for the 1st overall, 2024 picks become available to trade? 

If so that's an argument for waiting 'til draft day to make the trade.

If the Texans stand firm and Douglas trades out of two for a pack of ‘22 and ‘23 picks, that puts them in a stronger position post-draft than they’re in right now, and they’ll have added a player at 8(?) and 23 this year. Win win

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If the Texans stand firm and Douglas trades out of two for a pack of ‘22 and ‘23 picks, that puts them in a stronger position post-draft than they’re in right now, and they’ll have added a player at 8(?) and 23 this year. Win win

Yep.  If Watson not traded before draft day, we need to trade back for future ammo.   Other teams will be doing the same and shedding cap.

Trading 2 to Carolina is a bonus to knock them out.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rapoport this morning: The Texans are going to drag this out!

Deshaun: Oh word?

Like dcJet posted earlier this could very well be a blessing. We can trade back #2 for more draft capital which will not only improve our roster but give us more ammo for a Watson trade when the Texans finally cave.

• Upvote 3

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2021/2/26/22301553/deshaun-watson-trade-request-houston-texans-value-nfl-draft?traffic_source=Connatix

It’s become increasingly likely that after months of speculation the Texans could decide not to honor Deshaun Watson’s wishes and refuse to trade the quarterback. It’s on-brand for an organization that has become synonymous with dysfunction, but disregarding a trade request like this isn’t just bad for the future of the organization, it’s unfair to a player who handled his time in Houston the right way.

Watson is clearly done with the Texans. In the past few months the organization showed him no respect by interviewing head coach candidates he wanted the team to talk to, and trying on the back-end to shower him with praise in front of teammates to embarrassing levels. It’s led to Watson understandably wanting out, but the Texans are digging their heels in.

It’s one thing to want to try and turn the corner and convince Watson the Texans can put a winning team together, but another entirely to be stupid enough not to engage in talks. It’s a path that will lead to getting less back in trade, with no guarantee Deshaun will be happy to remain in Houston. 

It shows a level of ego-driven pride from an organization with nothing to be proud of. Now a seemingly innocuous tweet from Watson has everyone in a tizzy, assuming he’s talking about their organization.

It’s clear Watson wants an organization that will allow his voice to be heard. Not a franchise being built around past relationships in mega churches as the Texans continue to try and emulate the New England Patriots, despite this technique failing time, and time again in other cities — and heck, it failed in Houston too with Bill O’Brien.

There are a few key reasons why the Texans need to trade Watson.

Watson wants out

The idea of loyalty and respect between players and teams is always viewed as being a one-way relationship. Players are expected to do whatever an organization wants, because they’re being paid big money to play. However, the reality is that the flow should be mutual.

Houston broke that arrangement when they failed to even bother talking to coaches Watson wanted to work with. It would have been the smallest modicum of respect the organization could offer, and they couldn’t muster that.

So, while it might be tempting to say “Watson should get over it” if you’re a Texans fan, there’s a reality that keeping a disgruntled player causes deep harm to an organization. Not only by the influence of having the team’s leader unhappy, and that possibly spreading through the organization — but that keeping a player like this sends a message to every agent that they shouldn’t recommend the Texans to their clients.

This second part is significant, because while money talks, these smaller elements are the difference between a player coming to Houston or choosing another team when the money is equal. The future of the organization’s ability to attract free agents could hinge on how they treat Watson now. 

Watson’s trade value will never, ever get better than it is right now.

This offseason we’ve seen former top quarterbacks get dealt for next to nothing because they were kept past their prime. There’s no question Watson is more talented than Jared Goff or Carson Wentz, but the point remains that waiting too long will only make this worse.

There are a variety of possible trade packages being floated from numerous teams, and all are tantamount to a king’s ransom. Make no mistake: Watson is worth it, but with these possible deals the Texans could completely reform their entire roster with a bevy of picks, and established players. 

It’s a difficult pill to swallow. Getting rid of a top quarterback always is, but there’s a silver lining here that if you’re the front office you’re getting such a wild return that if you have faith in your scouting departments you should be able to use the return to make the Texans a better overall team, rather than having Watson and a bunch of magic beans — like Houston has right now.

If the Texans are determined to keep an unhappy Deshaun Watson this situation will get worse. Perhaps he’ll sit out, or refuse to play — possibly tanking his potential trade value. Maybe he plays, but with less weapons on a diminishing team and looks worse by extension, also driving his value down. In either case he’ll just be getting older, and that will drive his trade value down too.

Unless Houston really believes they can make Watson happy again there’s no logical reason to keep him in the fold. Waiting this out only hurts the team.

It’s what’s best for business.

The Texans are in the midst of a complete teardown and rebuilt, whether they want to admit it or not. It will take several years to bring the team back to prominence, and it’s just not helpful to have a great quarterback, and nothing else.

Look, Watson had one of the best seasons he’s ever had with Houston in 2020, and the team still finished 4-12. This is not an organization that needs a couple of tweaks to make the playoffs. There’s a need for star power spread across the 53, and the record shows that.

Trading Watson would expedite the process. While Houston would likely have a far worse quarterback under center in the immediate future, the long term would be far brighter by parting ways now. It also wins back some good will with agents, and players around the league who will now see that Houston respects players enough to listen to their wishes.

It might be difficult, but it’s time for the Texans to swallow their pride and trade away their superstar.

• Upvote 1

"Right before the 2020 NFL season got underway, Watson seemingly committed his future to Houston. Deshaun Watson and the Houston Texans agreed to terms on a four-year, $156 million contract extension, with guaranteed salary at signing through 2022.

Watson signed the deal entering the fourth year of his career. Therefore, he still had two years remaining on his rookie deal, including the fifth-year option. Counting the 2020 season, the contract extension meant Deshaun Watson was committed to the Texans for six seasons. Watson is under contract with the Texans until 2025 as it stands."

Loyalty is everything don't ya forget it!

He signed this with Bill O'brien still running things and hopkins was a distant memory and with full knowledge what the Texans future resources were going to be like.  Don;t tell me he had a holy epiphany moment that told him he hated the owner.

• Upvote 3